You are doing it right! The big Skoda Octavia II picture thread!

• 3 weeks later...

C020A513-841F-4D32-B002-12768B87252B.thumb.jpeg.a62b8d9e9ffd1854094069310af94900.jpeg

18 months of dirt, grime & salt has clearly taken it toll on my badge, admittedly they aren’t genuine so was kinda expecting it really. 

Good job I’ve got some genuine replacements to go on & some other goodies as well!!!

3 hours ago, Dubbsley said:

18 months of dirt, grime & salt has clearly taken it toll on my badge, admittedly they aren’t genuine so was kinda expecting it really. 

Good job I’ve got some genuine replacements to go on & some other goodies as well!!!

That's an amazing amount of corrosion in a short space of time!  I'm sure the genuine replacements will last you a bit longer than 18 months.

What are the other bits you've got planned?

1 hour ago, skinnyman said:

That's an amazing amount of corrosion in a short space of time!  I'm sure the genuine replacements will last you a bit longer than 18 months.

What are the other bits you've got planned?

Will post a update on my build thread showing the bits I’ve got & pics of when there fitted. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice look, but what width and offset are the wheels? I'd be expecting some rubbing on full lock!

22 hours ago, in2k said:

New summer calls for new wheels, this time some Audi S-Line rims.

Really like the look, tho not sure about the 245 tires yet.. :wondering:

13 hours ago, Wardy said:

Nice look, but what width and offset are the wheels? I'd be expecting some rubbing on full lock!

They are 8" wide and ET47.

Rubbing is not the issue, its getting used to the wider and noisier tire when comming from soft 225 winter tires. :D 

Tho after using them for the last couple days, they are starting to grow on me, and if I remember correctly, its the same every year, even with 225 as used before :rolleyes:

After owning my Octavia for two years finally decided to do some mods. Put 19” calibre  cc-a alloys on what do you think? Just need to sort the spoiler out now and maybe a slight drop.....

B2C42BFF-2357-48B2-BAC4-24BD30C92C85.jpeg

C646B32E-E150-42A1-A7A8-32B27316606D.jpeg

• Like 3

On 20/05/2018 at 19:48, Dubbsley said:

Who else had a cr*p start to the weekend? 

Me. 

Some berk in the outside lane of the motorway decided to do an abrupt left turn causing the driver in the middle lane to swerve and he bumped his way down the side of my car.  We all stopped, the car in the outside lane checked his car and then legged it :angry:. Most likely a write off but I'll be keeping it and fixing it once the insurance companies sort themselves out. Really feel for the bloke in the middle lane as he was driving his brand new car home from the dealership.

Damaged side full view_LR.jpg

Mid section_LR.jpg

Rear door inside_LR.jpg

• Sad 2

On 24/05/2018 at 13:55, fabatron said:

Me. 

Some berk in the outside lane of the motorway decided to do an abrupt left turn causing the driver in the middle lane to swerve and he bumped his way down the side of my car.  We all stopped, the car in the outside lane checked his car and then legged it :angry:. Most likely a write off but I'll be keeping it and fixing it once the insurance companies sort themselves out. Really feel for the bloke in the middle lane as he was driving his brand new car home from the dealership.

Mid section_LR.jpg

Rear door inside_LR.jpg

Not good, least you're all okay!

Let us know how you get on with insurance. Will be interested to see how they try and screw you and what they'll charge for you to buy the car back.

On 25/05/2018 at 10:46, tonyuk74 said:

Not sure on the new wheel colour. 

FB6CF22A-0B88-471B-A5C1-F04010B011E3.jpeg

A288D74C-2EF7-402E-BCD3-AD901EE4E52F.jpeg

There growing on me now. Probably just need getting used to seeing them different to silver 

On 24/05/2018 at 13:55, fabatron said:

Me. 

Mid section_LR.jpg

Rear door inside_LR.jpg

Compared to you fella mine is pretty small fish.. Trust everyone was ok, but shaken up. 

Have you had any repair quotes yet?

5 hours ago, Dubbsley said:

Not a scooby, give us a clue!

I managed to put a massive crack in the engine cover over the winter whilst changing the air filter.  I bought a Mk5 Golf GTi engine cover/airbox, swapped the MAF over and have yet to replace the VW cover with the original Skoda version.

Oh, and I bought a new dipstick.

IMG_20180528_163414.jpg

On 07/04/2018 at 21:52, gizmo98 said:

Wee buff and a couple of coats of wax

new wheel spacers,wheel centres and mud flaps fitted 

E6A0EF85-9098-4933-BE03-B157CA69FBA5.jpeg

D809E1CF-9EBA-43D6-99B9-2DC5377D593C.jpeg

What spacers have you used ? I got 8mm for mine but the wheel wouldn’t sit on the Center hub. 

• Like 1