MK1 vRS OS front spring twanging when turning

Just started doing this, the offside front spring makes a loud twang when turning, checked the height of how the car is sitting and all looks good, car drives like normal in a straight line.

Any ideas peeps?

Cheers

The arb bushes can wear out pretty quickly.

You should check your springs too by the sounds of it. My mk4 golf had a spring snap last year, and looking through the receipts for my VRS it has had front springs replaced at 65k. It's a common prob, especially if you have to drive over speesbumps a lot.

I suffered a huge trauma when handing over the cash for my replacement spring so my mind has blocked the exact details but IIRC OEM vRS springs come in at over £70 a pop and I couldn't find anywhere that stocked them other than a main dealer.

If you are replacing both it might be worth considering doing the whole set with uprated replacements if that is your bag as the parts won't be any more than a pair of OEM springs... depends on how much you have to pay labour though.

There seem to be lots going recently, so it must be age/milage related.

Personally I think they're a crap design! Cheap springs not finished properly. They need ground flat ends to spread the load properly.

Bugger !!........ mine has been doing the twang noise thing and I thought it was the spring , had a peep today and sure enough snapped just at the top . the car is 5yrs old and only 30k and I don't go fast over speed bumps either :(