Who's the comedian?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-SKODA-FABIA-VRS-SILVER_W0QQitemZ200437135598QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2eaafbf8ee

The part which makes me laugh is faster than a 3.0l diesel bmw 40-70

I have a 330cd and there isnt a chance on this earth a mapped vrs is quicker in this range never mind a standard one!

In fact After having a hybrid turbo'd fabia id like to say that even a hybrid would be pushed to be faster.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2eaafbf8ee

The part which makes me laugh is faster than a 3.0l diesel bmw 40-70

I have a 330cd and there isnt a chance on this earth a mapped vrs is quicker in this range never mind a standard one!

In fact After having a hybrid turbo'd fabia id like to say that even a hybrid would be pushed to be faster.

Perhaps he was thinking of 40-70 in 5/6th gear? The 330D pulls about 40mph per 1,000 doesn’t it? So it would be just above idle at the start of the timing point.

On a separate issue, How did you find your 330 in the snow? I parked my 123D up and used my little 4x4, but I want to sell that to fund a new car this year. A 330D saloon is a possibility, but I worry about being stuck again. I need to find someone who uses snow tyres on a 3 series.

40 to 70 is not 2.3 - that's a typo for sure! More like 5.3 which is probably a mis-hit on the number pad (hit one above the 2)

Mine is officially 4.1 from 30 to 70, but then mine is not exactly stock.

yes but yours doesnt count my friend, it isnt a vrs so is banned from this discussion :p

Perhaps he was thinking of 40-70 in 5/6th gear? The 330D pulls about 40mph per 1,000 doesn’t it? So it would be just above idle at the start of the timing point.

On a separate issue, How did you find your 330 in the snow? I parked my 123D up and used my little 4x4, but I want to sell that to fund a new car this year. A 330D saloon is a possibility, but I worry about being stuck again. I need to find someone who uses snow tyres on a 3 series.

255 wide rear tyres and no weight on rear end means that it is possitively hopeless in the snow, i used my octavia in the snow instead.

I will eventually this year be going down to one car, so have been looking at possible alternatives to improve grip in ice and snow. The main problem is that the smallest wheels that will fit over the 330's brakes are 17inch and most companys have limited range for 17" snow tyres. most are slim 16" tyres :(

yes but yours doesnt count my friend, it isnt a vrs so is banned from this discussion emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

255 wide rear tyres and no weight on rear end means that it is possitively hopeless in the snow, i used my octavia in the snow instead.

I will eventually this year be going down to one car, so have been looking at possible alternatives to improve grip in ice and snow. The main problem is that the smallest wheels that will fit over the 330's brakes are 17inch and most companys have limited range for 17" snow tyres. most are slim 16" tyres emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Had a look at 17†and 18†snow tyres too and see Vredestein do some. Interestingly enough, a friend has fitted the same basic tyre (different speed rating etc) on his Discovery II (18†wheels) and rated them highly. I have run Snowtrac2s for the last 2 winters and can honestly say that even in fwd on my Fiat, the grip is astonishing. The BMW has some weight over the rear as it’s 50/50 balanced, so perhaps a couple of tractor weights (a friend suggested them) and snow tyres all round might do the trick?

If you have a beemer then why the **** are you on this forum!! tit!!!!!

With that attitude, can I ask why are you?

Perhaps you should read his later posts more carefully and perhaps you should research my earlier posts in the Octavia II section.

Edited by Lady Elanore

he had a volvo on the briskoda stand at trax :p

oh and built/owned one of the faster fabia's on these boards.

Edited by KTP

I've seen stats that suggest a standard vRS is faster in gear than a 330 petrol under certain conditions but I very much doubt it against a 330D!

Maybe a Fifth Gear test when the Furby was going forwards and the Beemer was in reverse ? ;)

he had a volvo on the briskoda stand at trax :p

oh and built/owned one of the faster fabia's on these boards.

had the volvo on track with the skodas at trax :rofl:

and i still got the pics of me and john murdering the scooby net boys at blyton,word has it after 3 goes and an embarrasing time for the scooby boys they stopped inviting me and john boy :giggle:

To give clowns like you information and help about skodas based on my experiances. Oh and the fact I still own an Octavia tdi elegance might have something to do with it.

I dont get on here as much as I would like, but back in the day I used to think of myself as being one of the helpful members...writing guides eg timing belt etc guides and helping other members out with their troubles.

others please dont take this thread as a fabia vrs bashing thread..... I used to worship my fabia and it was a very capable car. The aim of this thread is really just to laugh at the fool on ebay.

And yes it is true, I stuck skoda badges on my Volvo hoping it would pass for an octavia...... fail haha

T spark...... hahaha, why didnt I just buy a hybrid pd150 turbo,..... 270bhp sounds very tempting from just that! haha

a mapped fabia has as much tork if not more in cases as the beemer and being lighter should perform as well....

if not better :p

Just a quick reminder of the ad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-SKODA-FABIA-VRS-SILVER_W0QQitemZ200437135598QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2eaafbf8ee

He's not saying it's mapped - he's just quoting 130bhp

And I'm not waving my willy about for anyone :no:

He's getting confused between the anti perforation and paintwork warranties, the paint is 3 years , the anti perforation is 10. Given that he could be talking about the 40 to 70 time of an X5.

It's news to me that you have to own a Skoda to be a member here.