Who's the comedian?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick reminder of the ad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-SKODA-FABIA-VRS-SILVER_W0QQitemZ200437135598QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2eaafbf8ee

He's not saying it's mapped - he's just quoting 130bhp

yup, ad says 130bhp and 235lb/ft. a current 330d is like 240bhp and 380lb/ft and the 335d is still a 3 litre engine and around 280bhp and 430lb/ft... :rofl:

Edited by andypandypoos

Just a quick reminder of the ad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-SKODA-FABIA-VRS-SILVER_W0QQitemZ200437135598QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2eaafbf8ee

He's not saying it's mapped - he's just quoting 130bhp

And I'm not waving my willy about for anyone :no:

skudmissile

The part which makes me laugh is faster than a 3.0l diesel bmw 40-70

I have a 330cd and there isnt a chance on this earth a mapped vrs is quicker in this range never mind a standard one!

In fact After having a hybrid turbo'd fabia id like to say that even a hybrid would be pushed to be faster.

i wasnt referring to the ebay ad

He's getting confused between the anti perforation and paintwork warranties, the paint is 3 years , the anti perforation is 10. Given that he could be talking about the 40 to 70 time of an X5.

paintwork warranty till 2014

bad points small cracking of paint on rear corner of bumber easily be repaired just havent got round to it.

He can get it sorted under warranty then :D

well the beemer has 300ft of tork...a remapped fabia has roughly the same if not more on occasions...the fabia is 300kgs lighter,so imo got to be as quick if not quicker....properly remapped fabias are deceivingly quick thru the gears,when my fabia had only a remap,before the stage 3 was done it was quicker 40-80mph than my 300bhp merc.

skudmissile

The part which makes me laugh is faster than a 3.0l diesel bmw 40-70

I have a 330cd and there isnt a chance on this earth a mapped vrs is quicker in this range never mind a standard one!

In fact After having a hybrid turbo'd fabia id like to say that even a hybrid would be pushed to be faster.

i wasnt referring to the ebay ad

I'll let you off just this once :doh:

well the beemer has 300ft of tork...a remapped fabia has roughly the same if not more on occasions...the fabia is 300kgs lighter,so imo got to be as quick if not quicker....properly remapped fabias are deceivingly quick thru the gears,when my fabia had only a remap,before the stage 3 was done it was quicker 40-80mph than my 300bhp merc.

The current 330D has just over 380 lb/ft in standard trim. Even my 1 series BMW 2.0 tdi has nearly 300 lb/ft (295 lb/ft) in standard trim. emoticon-0100-smile.gif

The current 330D has just over 380 lb/ft in standard trim. Even my 1 series BMW 2.0 tdi has nearly 300 lb/ft (295 lb/ft) in standard trim. emoticon-0100-smile.gif

What's the 0-180° time in the snow though Amanda ? ;)

What's the 0-180° time in the snow though Amanda ? emoticon-0105-wink.gif

If I am pointing down a large cliff it is fairly quickemoticon-0110-tongueout.gif, if however I am on a level road and there are approx 5 snowflakes per square meter, it would be approximately 4.7 days (depending on thawing conditions).emoticon-0106-crying.gif

yours is a twin turbo....

and i think skuds is an e46 330cd 300ft/lbs as the e90 360 ft/lbs were 330d's..

Edited by warwick hunt

Mine is still standard though :D

I was thinking the original ebay dreamer was referring to the current 3 series. Hopefully there is going to be a few 3.0 tdi out there uprating their engines soon. The 3.0 BMW and Audis are now producing over 400 of your torx in their bigger vehicles, so with a bit of luck this will filter down to the A4s and 3 series :)

He could have quite easily been using some old statistics, perhaps comparing the vRS against the original conception of the 3.0d unit way back in the day. This original incarnation was the 2926cc unit, originally introduced in 1998. Back then, it was a fairly lowly 181bhp unit with 288lb/ft. People tend to forget that the Bavarians have a habit of gradually refining and improving a product....

A standard vRS is still not going to be 2.3secs quicker over that dash, if any quicker at all.

Just ignore the seller, and carry on :thumbup:

Steve

This is just getting silly now! ;)

A mapped 335d will of course be quite speedy; there again it is a £40k bit of kit and would have north of 320bhp and knocking on the door of 500lb/ft! Oh, and the limiter would also get taken off B)

Pity it's auto-only really. I think I'd stick with a manual, mapped 330d myself. If I had that luxury of course :)

Steve

yer mine is an e46 204bhp 300lbft version. Wont be staying 204bhp for long mind. I hear its possible to get this engine to 320bhp and 450lbft. ;-) haha. but surely if i can double the power of the 1.9 tdi surely................. haha

how many gona remap a 335d and have no warranty....???? answer prob 0.1%

my mate has a 335d with a remap. boring auto though ;-)