Fabia facelift official photos and info

OK 15k will put you into a delivery mileage imprexa WRX, 18K will put you into a delivery mileage Brera. 18K will put you into a nearly new c180 or BMW318. Or a 2010 reg BMW 1 2.0 sport. Anyone still think a 16-18K fabia is good value?

What are the differences then?

Polo doesn't have the 85BHP TSI, Ibiza doesn't have the 1.2 TSI at all and is still using the 1.4TDI as the base diesel. On the other hand the Ibiza does have the 150BHP 1.4TSI and the 140BHP 2.0 TDI. I'm sure they'll all come into line with one another when there is more availability on the newer engines though.

OK 15k will put you into a delivery mileage imprexa WRX, 18K will put you into a delivery mileage Brera. 18K will put you into a nearly new c180 or BMW318. Or a 2010 reg BMW 1 2.0 sport. Anyone still think a 16-18K fabia is good value?

But you could say the same about most new cars vs. 2nd hand or delivery mileage!

Looking at the brochure.... I do like the new look Scout and the VRS front bumper. VRS seats look nice so hope someone local crashes one soon so I can buy those :giggle:

Would be nice to have the 1.2 TSI lump but is that £40 increase over the 1.4 or 1.6?

I hate, I mean really hate the all black interiors though, why go down that route as most manufacturers put some style in their interiors now, the Fabia seems to have got left behind on that front.

I plan on keeping mine for a couple more years yet, when I do come to replace it I shall consider another Fabia as long as Skoda are doing great deals like now. I wouldnt pay anywhere near list for one though.

Would be nice to have the 1.2 TSI lump but is that £40 increase over the 1.4 or 1.6?

I hate, I mean really hate the all black interiors though,

There are two versions of the 1.2TSI (85 & 105BHP) repacing the 1.4 and 1.6 respectively, maybe a little premium over both?

I actually really like Skoda interiors in general, plain and simple but quite elegant. Don't like the tacky mobile phone style nonsense as seen in the latest Fiesta/various Hondas e.t.c.

is there anywhere out there yet that you can see a full spec list of each of the models ?

Ben

No, i'd wait till Skoda UK publish prices and specs as they tend to be quite different from country to country.

No, i'd wait till Skoda UK publish prices and specs as they tend to be quite different from country to country.

Just wondering what im gonna get in mine, hopefully the daytime running lights :p

Interesting - according to that , Rallye Green isnt exclisive to the vRS.... Hmmm.....my in head car configuration app is powering up again! :giggle:

If you got the green with the white roof it could look a little bit like this: http://www.rallye-info.com/galleryphoto.asp?sid=0&shottypeid=0&eventid=0&driverid=0&carmodelid=284&page=3&mediaid=5071

A little... :)

Hopefully Skoda UK will make the 17in Trinity wheels available over here accross the range. Think I prefer them to the ones on the RS.

If you got the green with the white roof it could look a little bit like this: http://www.rallye-info.com/galleryphoto.asp?sid=0&shottypeid=0&eventid=0&driverid=0&carmodelid=284&page=3&mediaid=5071

A little... :)

Hopefully Skoda UK will make the 17in Trinity wheels available over here accross the range. Think I prefer them to the ones on the RS.

Yes those were the wheels I would want as well. If I do get a new Fab it will be either a Sport or Elegance (spec 3 equivalent) so Im sure the 17s will be an option on those. Although maybe I'm being a tad presumptious on there being a Sport? If not , just import the Sportline instead please SUK , they look like vRS seats in that?

• Like 1

Yes those were the wheels I would want as well. If I do get a new Fab it will be either a Sport or Elegance (spec 3 equivalent) so Im sure the 17s will be an option on those. Although maybe I'm being a tad presumptious on there being a Sport? If not , just import the Sportline instead please SUK , they look like vRS seats in that?

The UK Sport spec of the pre-facelift car was not the same as the European "Sportline" but hopefully Skoda UK will do one or the other. We all know how Skoda UK like to do their own thing (usually the wrong thing it has to be said) though so who knows? :D

The seats in the Sportline are the same as the RS, except with different materials.

The UK Sport spec of the pre-facelift car was not the same as the European "Sportline" but hopefully Skoda UK will do one or the other. We all know how Skoda UK like to do their own thing (usually the wrong thing it has to be said) though so who knows? :D

The seats in the Sportline are the same as the RS, except with different materials.

Yeah i knew the Sport and Sportline were different , but surely it would be more cost effective to build a RHD Sportline , rather than build a UK specific Sport model? Makes sense to me , as it would mean you could use economies of scale on the seats/trim/options ect , after all its only the steering wheel location and speedo that would have to change , they could keep everything else the same!

Yeah i knew the Sport and Sportline were different , but surely it would be more cost effective to build a RHD Sportline , rather than build a UK specific Sport model? Makes sense to me , as it would mean you could use economies of scale on the seats/trim/options ect , after all its only the steering wheel location and speedo that would have to change , they could keep everything else the same!

You're absolutely right. I refer you to my previous comments about Skoda UK :D

...Although in fairness I do like the UK spec Sport too.

Sorry to sound dumb but 1.2tsi - is it supercharged/turbo charged or a combination of both? Wikipedia'd it and it says both but skoda say its supercharged? Oh does anyone have any ideas of performance in the facelift, mpg? 0-60 etc?

Ben

Sorry to sound dumb but 1.2tsi - is it supercharged/turbo charged or a combination of both? Wikipedia'd it and it says both but skoda say its supercharged? Oh does anyone have any ideas of performance in the facelift, mpg? 0-60 etc?

Ben

It's turbocharged only.

The 85BHP version you have ordered:

0-62MPH: 11.7s

Top speed: 110MPH

Combined MPG: 54.3

C02: 121g/km

It's turbocharged only.

Wonder why the skoda website says super charged then? possibly a typeo?

So a little bit better than the 1.4 that its replacing then. Hoping skoda hurry up and list all the specs of the cars i.e what comes with each model and as standard across the range. Any ideas on the spec of the 105bph? 54.3 i think the 1.4 was about 43 odd mpg wasnt it? Economy looks similar to my vrs.

Ben

Edited by benwiddowson

It's turbocharged only.

Off the top of my head my mpi is approx

0-60 13ish

top speed 100 mph

mpg must be low 40s

co2 is about 145

and its 68 bhp ..... thats progress for you.

Off the top of my head my mpi is approx

0-60 13ish

top speed 100 mph

mpg must be low 40s

co2 is about 145

and its 68 bhp ..... thats progress for you.

Dmac, are you referring to the 1.2tsi 86/105 or the older 1.4?

Wonder why the skoda website says super charged then? possibly a typeo?

So a little bit better than the 1.4 that its replacing then. Hoping skoda hurry up and list all the specs of the cars i.e what comes with each model and as standard across the range. Any ideas on the spec of the 105bph? 54.3 i think the 1.4 was about 43 odd mpg wasnt it? Economy looks similar to my vrs.

Ben

Re: The supercharged thing, we had the same discussion on the Yeti forum. I think it is kind of lost in translation.

The 105BHP figures as follows:

0-62MPH: 10.1s

Top speed: 118MPH

Combined MPG: 53.3

C02: 124g/km

Re: The supercharged thing, we had the same discussion on the Yeti forum. I think it is kind of lost in translation.

The 105BHP figures as follows:

0-62MPH: 10.1s

Top speed: 118MPH

Combined MPG: 53.3

C02: 124g/km

So the 105 doesn't really give you much extra other than the possibility of the dsg