Fabia facelift official photos and info

Wonder why they have got rid of the silver door handles to just being plastic, would have looked better with a chrome effect to match the speedo rings and the chrome on the climatronic.

2 things.

"Central locking with remote control (folding remote keys)" only with the elegance! I noticed it was an option for the new vRS. Which of the current Fabia II come with it (is it all of them).

If "special equipment" is the option list, then where are the Xenon lights?

Edited by Jim H

2 things.

"Central locking with remote control (folding remote keys)" only with the elegance! I noticed it was an option for the new vRS. Which of the current Fabia II come with it (is it all of them).

If "special equipment" is the option list, then where are the Xenon lights?

You have to remember this info was from an international press release and UK specs are likely to be different.

Looks like no Xenons though. Instead they have redesigned the internals of the headlights as feedback on the pre-facelift cars headlights was poor.

When is this on sale in the UK? I actually really like it , I was hoping to be able to afford the vRS but no way am I paying £16K plus , for a Fabia. Might have to have a look at further down the range though , as that red and white one at Geneva looks good , and I like the interior.

When is this on sale in the UK? I actually really like it , I was hoping to be able to afford the vRS but no way am I paying £16K plus , for a Fabia. Might have to have a look at further down the range though , as that red and white one at Geneva looks good , and I like the interior.

A red 1.2TSI Sport with white roof would be a pretty nice car, maybe £12-£13k? :)

A red 1.2TSI Sport with white roof would be a pretty nice car, maybe £12-£13k? :)

£15k for the equivalent Polo, so I'd say more like £14k!

£15k for the equivalent Polo, so I'd say more like £14k!

I wont be paying over £13K for a Fabia thats not a vRS thats for sure , not when I can walk into my local Mitsubishi dealer and get a Colt Ralliart Turbo with 150 BHP for £12500.

I wont be paying over £13K for a Fabia thats not a vRS thats for sure , not when I can walk into my local Mitsubishi dealer and get a Colt Ralliart Turbo with 150 BHP for £12500.

Yeah, but thats like saying I wont be buying Tescos finest Christmas pudding when you can go into Aldis and get one for less :rofl: The Colt just has no class at all, be honest.

Skoda have been clever (in their opinion) to redesign the front of the Fabia and make it look wider by optical illusion. They should use the same idea when it comes to pricing - just use a larger font for the price to make it seem more expensive and start giving value for money again.

Here's a mini catalogue for the facelift Fabia (in Czech, but you can see loads of pictures of the new interiors, stereos, wheel choices e.t.c.)

http://www.skoda-auto.cz/cze/Documents/Catalogue/NewFabia/Fabia_Catalogue_CZ.pdf

And a 'moodfilm' for the facelift: http://new.skoda-auto.com/com/model/newfabia/gallery/multimedia/Pages/mood.aspx

I already posted this loads - if the new VRS is starting at 16 grand you can bet it will be £18K for a decent spec. Who would buy one?. It's simply overpriced, that kind of money will put you into bigger, much better cars than a supermini.

Just seen another post where the OP has orderd a 1.2tsi at nly £40more than the 1.6 equivalent! Maybe the anticipated price hikes are unfounded. A good thing as I imagine the DSG will have to be abut £400 more than the tiptronic.

Incidentaly, i was a bit surprised to see the same 10.1 seconds 0-60 time being quoted fort he 1.2tsi as the 1.6. Even with same bhp,I'd have thought the greater torque and spread of its availability would have made it quicker.

Edited by helix

Just seen another post where the OP has orderd a 1.2tsi at nly £40more than the 1.6 equivalent! Maybe the anticipated price hikes are unfounded. A good thing as I imagine the DSG will have to be abut £400 more than the tiptronic.

Incidentaly, i was a bit surprised to see the same 10.1 seconds 0-60 time being quoted fort he 1.2tsi as the 1.6. Even with same bhp,I'd have thought the greater torque and spread of its availability would have made it quicker.

Does seem a bit weird but it could be they haven't actually tested it yet for performance figures, or it could be for some kind of weird marketing or political reason (the 1.6 is still available in some markets so I guess they don't want it to appear weaker than the TSI when they are trying to shift a stockpile of old 1.6 engines!)

Having seen the low price rise over the 1.4 for the 1.2 TSi maybe the rest of the range will be a similar small rise for much newer and cleaner technology. that 0-60 time does seem wiered but maybe it is down to gearing, also would expect flexibility of the 1.2 to be much better. I think that the Fabia engine range is better than the polo, ibiza and many other competitors now. Also if the Vrs has the same sort of spec as the level 3 for the performance and £16K price I think it is a bit of a bargain. If you want a laugh a fiesta 1.6 diesel in zetec s has a list price of 16k plus and a polo 1.2 tsi without dsg is 15.5k.