Fabia facelift official photos and info

Sorry about the above post but have only just seen the pictures and feeling very angry although following the mash up on the Octavia2 something unspeakably horrible and bland was expected.....there should be a "new" Skoda Fabia out in 2012 which no doubt will be another czech beauty untill VW send in their very own mac the knife to do another cosmetic procedure.

Always thought the mk2 Skoda Fabia should have also been available as a saloon with a rear reverse rake Citroen Ami/Ford Anglia style and that in a bold move the combi/estate/station wagon/shooting break should be redisigned as a "woody'

so what do I know anyway......just have to continue in the hope that one day an all new 110r Coupe will emerge from the Skoda factory.

Standard equipment – Classic:

 Driver and passenger airbag,

 Front side airbags,

 ABS incl. engine torque control + dual rate,

 Four-spoke steering wheel (height-and reach-adjustable),

 Power steering,

 Daytime running lights,

 Bottle holders in the storage boxes of the front and rear door trim,

 Outside temperature display.

Standard equipment – Ambiente (in addition to Classic):

 Dashboard with multi-function display (on-board computer),

 Split folding rear seats (on average 60/40),

 Central locking,

 Radio preparation with 4 speakers,

 Overhead package I (3 folding roof handles, at rear with coat hook, 2 reading lights at front for driver and passenger, vanity mirror in sun visor on driver and passenger side),

 Electric front window lifters,

 Door mirrors and door handles in body colour,

 Chrome package (gear lever knob, gear lever surround, air supply adjuster, handbrake locking button).

Standard equipment – Active (in addition to Ambiente):

 Head airbags (for EU, 15 countries),

 Seat belt fastening signal for driver and passenger (for EU, 15 countries),

 Front fog lamps and deactivatable day lights,

 Small leather package (3 spoke steering wheel, gear lever knob, handbrake handle),

 Projector halogen headlamps,

 Glasses case,

 Height adjustable driver seat,

 Tinted windows,

 Side protection strips, black.

Standard equipment – Elegance (in addition to Ambiance):

 Front fog lamps and deactivatable day time running lights,

 Projector halogen headlamps,

 Glasses case,

 Front arm rests,

 Textile floor mats,

 Central locking with remote control (folding remote keys),

 Climatic air conditioning with automatic regulation,

 Height adjustable driver and front passenger seats,

 Overhead package II (overhead package I and rear reading light),

 Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors,

 Tinted windows,

 Alloy wheels, Atik 6J×14'',

 Side protection strips, black.

Special equipment:

 Head airbags,

 Passenger airbag – deactivatable,

 ABS Plus including torque control, dual rate and tyre pressure warning,

 ESP including ABS, engine torque control, TCS, EDL, hydraulic brake assistant,

 ESP Plus including ABS, torque control, TCS, EDL, hydraulic brake assistant, hill start assist and tyre pressure warning,

 Cruise control,

 Projector halogen headlamps with swivel module,

 Front fog lamps with cornering function,

 Maxi DOT display,

 Multi-function steering wheels for radio and phone operation,

 Roof rails for Hatchback and Estate,

 Climatic air conditioning with automatic regulation,

 Climatronic air conditioning with electronic regulation and combined filter,

 Radios ‘Blues’ and ‘Swing’,

 ‘Amundsen’ navigation system,

 MDI (mobile device interface)(only for ‘Swing’ or ‘Amundsen’),

 Parking assistance (rear parking sensors),

 Hands-free devices GSM II Compact and Comfort,

 Alarm with interior protection, horn, towing protection,

 15“ alloy wheels Antares, Avior and Line,

 16“ alloy wheels Atria, Comet and Elba,

 17“ alloy wheels Trinity with sports running gear,

 Side protection strips, black,

 Rear mud flaps,

 White/silver roof (hatchback only ),

 Bumpy road package (Fabia and Fabia Estate),

 Tinted windows,

 Sun set,

 Electric glass sun roof (Fabia and Fabia Estate), Panoramic sunroof (Roomster),

 Sports package (sports seats + three-spoke leather steering wheel),

 Leather package (seats + steering wheel + gear lever knob + handbrake handle),

 Heated front seats,

 Smoker package (lighter and ashtray),

 Front arm rest,

 Partition net (Fabia Estate and Roomster),

 Net programme (3 nets)(only for Fabia Estate and Roomster),

 Bag hook in the boot,

 Function package (folding storage boxes under the front seats, storage boxes in rear door trim, folding hooks on sides in the boot, open storage boxes behind rear wheel arches, flexible storage box on right side of boot, glasses case, overhead package II, for Estate version also with 12V socket in boot).

Are special equipment optional extras? So does that mean that parking sensors have gone from the fabia 3/elegance to become options ? Thats a bit poo if it is as that was partly one of the reasons for picking the fabia as they were included.

Sorry about the above post but have only just seen the pictures and feeling very angry although following the mash up on the Octavia2 something unspeakably horrible and bland was expected.....there should be a "new" Skoda Fabia out in 2012 which no doubt will be another czech beauty untill VW send in their very own mac the knife to do another cosmetic procedure.

Always thought the mk2 Skoda Fabia should have also been available as a saloon with a rear reverse rake Citroen Ami/Ford Anglia style and that in a bold move the combi/estate/station wagon/shooting break should be redisigned as a "woody'

so what do I know anyway......just have to continue in the hope that one day an all new 110r Coupe will emerge from the Skoda factory.

I can almost agree about the facelift Octavia (I think it looks good on the Scout and RS but not the normal models) but I don't agree about the Fabia/Roomster facelift. Most of the car has stayed the same but the worst bit was the front which accentuated it's height and narrowness and they have done what they can to fix that.

Skoda now have a new chief designer, a Slovak chap who designed the Bugatti Veyron, and he has gone on record as saying he would like to make some kind of coupe a la Rapid/S110R, here's hoping :thumbup:

Are special equipment optional extras? So does that mean that parking sensors have gone from the fabia 3/elegance to become options ? Thats a bit poo if it is as that was partly one of the reasons for picking the fabia as they were included.

Don't panic. That's a Europe-wide press release so has no bearing on the UK spec (I probably shouldn't have posted it, lol) I would imagine that parking sensors will still be standard on the Elegance.

Dreaded DPF on the diesels

Yep, potentially bad news. There's no getting away from them with the latest CR diesel engines. Me, I'm sticking with my non-DPF 1.9 TDi PD for a few more years yet.

I also think the new front end is a bit meh to be honest but the interior updates look good.

Edited by MarginWalker

Yep, potentially bad news. There's no getting away from them with the latest CR diesel engines. Me, I'm sticking with my non-DPF 1.9 TDi PD for a few more years yet.

I also think the new front end is a bit meh to be honest but the interior updates look good.

Hopefully ill be alright as i do enough of the right mileage for them to function correctly.

The new 1.2 TSI looks like a good'un all round to me :)

The diesel range looks tempting too and £0-£35 in tax would be nice:D

But they're removing the 1.9 TDI?? AND making the new vRS a petrol?

What sad times we live in...

Not only is the vRS virtually the same as the Polo GTI and Ibiza Cupra, it's slower and has higher emmisions too... :wonder:

I think VW should let Skoda mess around with more wacky unique cars (original Fabia vRS, Roomster, Yeti) instead of VW Group producing 4 cars identical to one another - Fabia vRS, Golf GTI, Ibiza Cupra, and awaited Audi S1.

Next they'll bring out a dwarfed Bugatti and Lamborghini to make ALL of their brands compete with one-another!!

Rant over, and I think the facelift is good. It makes the car look less upright, and a bit more cheeky as Skodas commonly are, and should be percieved. I still prefer the Mk1 though (post-facelift, mind). But their inspiration (blatently) drawn from Mini has really started to grow on me recently.

All I can see has changed on these is the front bumper and POSSIBLY the grill? Can anyone confirm this?

Vast improvement, but Skoda need to learn when to stick two fingers up to VW. :giggle:

You fail.

The 1.9TDI was gone ages ago. The vRS is a petrol, like the Ibiza and Polo. This is good.

Skoda are the low-end of VAG. Have you noticed how they let Audi mess around with cars by sticking huge engines in them? The Fabia vRS wasn't unique. There were plenty of other warm superminis, both the Ibiza and Polo were available in similar specs (the Ibiza even having a 160 version).

Releasing cars based on the same tech is good for business.

Jesus f*cking Christ I'm fed of eeejits! :rofl:

All I can see has changed on these is the front bumper and POSSIBLY the grill? Can anyone confirm this?

Bumper, foglights, headlights and lower and wider grill.

Re: Dropping the diesel RS for the petrol, a first drive review of the facelift linked below points out that the 1.2TSI 105BHP offers similar performance to the old Fabia RS and weighs nearly 200kg less!

Lot's of real life photos of the facelift Fabia and Roomster here: http://news.auto.cz/dojmy/fabia-skoda-tsi-prvni-jizdni-dojmy.html

In summary the review says the changes to the exterior and interior aren't massive but an improvement but the biggest changes are under the bonnet. CRs much more refined than the PDs, TSIs in a different league to the old NA petrol engines.

You fail.

The 1.9TDI was gone ages ago. The vRS is a petrol, like the Ibiza and Polo. This is good.

Skoda are the low-end of VAG. Have you noticed how they let Audi mess around with cars by sticking huge engines in them? The Fabia vRS wasn't unique. There were plenty of other warm superminis, both the Ibiza and Polo were available in similar specs (the Ibiza even having a 160 version).

Releasing cars based on the same tech is good for business.

Jesus f*cking Christ I'm fed of eeejits! :rofl:

I understand that the 1.4 TSI Fabia vRS WILL be coming out no matter what I think.

Last I saw thugh, the 1.9 TDI PD was still being sold...

I'm not saying Skoda should be able to make nicer or more desirable cars - Skodas are good quality and sold cheap. CHEAP being the main word. As such, they should be allowed to make cats in their own way without changing what they have been doing to try to conform.

As for the original vRS; it was a hot hatch. Not because it had masses of power or ****ed away your fuel for the sake of it, but because it had more torque than a Porsche Boxter. As such, while its 0-60 time was pants, its in-gear acceleration was mind-blowing. Fused with a return of more than 50mpg, it's so mad that it makes sense.

THIS is what makes it unique. ;)

WARNING

Having a warning at the end of your name doesn't give you a free pass to be abusive, and internet fighting is reserved for the socially challenged.

Loads more photos of the facelift car here: http://auto.idnes.cz/foto.asp?r=auto_testy&c=A100316_175635_auto_testy_fdv

And a video here: http://auto.idnes.cz/prvni-svezeni-s-vylepsenou-fabii-ma-novy-motor-1-2-tsi-p0p-/auto_testy.asp?c=A100316_175635_auto_testy_fdv

The dark interior in those photos looks really good with the new white backlighting, extra chrome and new sat nav.

the white lighting looks great. Not 100% sure on the seats atm but i guess they will look better in the flesh.

There's loads of different seat fabrics available in Europe. Were you given a colour choice on yours when you ordered?

There's loads of different seat fabrics available in Europe. Were you given a colour choice on yours when you ordered?

I just had the choice of the light or dark interior. Saying that the dealer was short of details on the car spec at the time. The dealer is ringing me at some point before the end of March to finalise the spec before its built (apparently) so i may ask them then.

ben

I understand that the 1.4 TSI Fabia vRS WILL be coming out no matter what I think.

Last I saw thugh, the 1.9 TDI PD was still being sold...

I'm not saying Skoda should be able to make nicer or more desirable cars - Skodas are good quality and sold cheap. CHEAP being the main word. As such, they should be allowed to make cats in their own way without changing what they have been doing to try to conform.

As for the original vRS; it was a hot hatch. Not because it had masses of power or ****ed away your fuel for the sake of it, but because it had more torque than a Porsche Boxter. As such, while its 0-60 time was pants, its in-gear acceleration was mind-blowing. Fused with a return of more than 50mpg, it's so mad that it makes sense.

THIS is what makes it unique. ;)

WARNING

Having a warning at the end of your name doesn't give you a free pass to be abusive, and internet fighting is reserved for the socially challenged.

It was a warm hatch. The Ibiza with more power was still warm, not hot. And regarding the Cockster? Who cares? A hot hatch has to excite, and the Fabia vRS didn't really do that.

Oh, and we both should be fine with that last proviso then ;)

Loads more photos of the facelift car here: http://auto.idnes.cz/foto.asp?r=auto_testy&c=A100316_175635_auto_testy_fdv

And a video here: http://auto.idnes.cz/prvni-svezeni-s-vylepsenou-fabii-ma-novy-motor-1-2-tsi-p0p-/auto_testy.asp?c=A100316_175635_auto_testy_fdv

The dark interior in those photos looks really good with the new white backlighting, extra chrome and new sat nav.

I like those pics from the Czech site , looks good. :thumbup:

Lot's of real life photos of the facelift Fabia and Roomster here: http://news.auto.cz/dojmy/fabia-skoda-tsi-prvni-jizdni-dojmy.html

I like this image and this one which show the facelifted and non-facelifted versions of the hatch and estate side-by-side. Most noticeable for me is the bonnet.

In summary the review says the changes to the exterior and interior aren't massive but an improvement but the biggest changes are under the bonnet. CRs much more refined than the PDs, TSIs in a different league to the old NA petrol engines.

I think this is true - certainly the PD engines weren't getting favourable write-ups in the reviews I saw. I also got the feeling from posts on here (and things like the EGR-induced hesitation on the PD130 and my PD100) that the diesel engines struggled to meet recent emissions standards without a fair bit of bodging.

Those side by side pics illustrate perfectly the way the FL isnt coherant.... the original flows better at the front. The lines from the bonnet down to the bumper spoiler all flow together, the FL has its frontal styling all over the place.

However, Id still buy one despite the design flaw and the boring interior. As long as you can get the two tone dash still, all you need is one of those dashboard kits and use it sparingly around airvents :thumbup:

Those side by side pics illustrate perfectly the way the FL isnt coherant.... the original flows better at the front. The lines from the bonnet down to the bumper spoiler all flow together, the FL has its frontal styling all over the place.

However, Id still buy one despite the design flaw and the boring interior. As long as you can get the two tone dash still, all you need is one of those dashboard kits and use it sparingly around airvents :thumbup:

Says the man with a pre-facelift Fabia 2 :D

Seriously, although I can see the part you are talking about I still think the facelift is an improvement as it looks sharper and less bulbous and has achieved what they wanted it to (to make the car appear less narrow)

As for the inteiors I prefer the all dark ones although I could live with ivory/onyx too.