Fabia II HID Headlight fitting guide

Hauptmann

55w 8000k? Got pics? Must be like having a light house infront of your car.

8000k! Bet they look awful!

I don't think I would ever go any more than 5000k as they start to get really blue/purple and actually put less light out than 4300/5000k bulbs.

Phil

Genuine Philips HID are best at 6000k.

The light only has a slight blue tinge and the pattern & beam is extremely accurate. That's the 'legit' HID kit that can be bought.

8000k are only going to get you pulled by the police as they're the only ones allowed to have blue forward facing lights emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Pictures of end product switched on through bi halogen projectors?

Very difficult to get true images unless you're good with cameras, which I'm not, but here's a couple.

The cut off point with these is VERY clear and precise.

20120124_204029.jpg

20120124_205547.jpg

20120124_205625-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi everyone, I'm new here at briskoda

i own a fabia 2011 with projector headlight and i bought an 8000k HID kit witch it was pretty cheap, as consequence i can't see anything, actually the OEM light were brighter....

i need some help to see whats wrong with it!!!

ill appreciate any help.

thanx

• 5 weeks later...

55w 8000k? Got pics? Must be like having a light house infront of your car.

I will take some pics soon and post in this thread :) No, they are not to bad as they are 8000k. the higher kelvin the less light. They are a tad stronger than the OEM bulp, but not overkill.

The color of the light is perfect for me :)

Genuine Philips HID are best at 6000k.

The light only has a slight blue tinge and the pattern & beam is extremely accurate. That's the 'legit' HID kit that can be bought.

8000k are only going to get you pulled by the police as they're the only ones allowed to have blue forward facing lights emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Driving past the police station every day, they dont even notice.....and i have 18'' wheels and coilovers on the car aswell...they are not as blue as you think.

I will upload some pics later.

hi everyone, I'm new here at briskoda

i own a fabia 2011 with projector headlight and i bought an 8000k HID kit witch it was pretty cheap, as consequence i can't see anything, actually the OEM light were brighter....

i need some help to see whats wrong with it!!!

ill appreciate any help.

thanx

but got the 35w, ive got the 55w and they are perfect.

Ive got the one bulp headlight. (both high and low beam)

do you got seperate high and low beam bulps?

Edited by joten

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a Skoda Fabia TDI (Elegance), 2010 model. The car is factory fitted with projectors with Halogen bulbs in it. I want to replace them with HID. But when i looked closely i saw "BI-HALOGEN" engraved on the projector rims, so i want to know are these designed only for Halogen bulbs or a HID kit can be installed in it? I am poasting a picture of the headlight. Please have a look and guide me.

Thanks

post-95524-0-61565200-1348122719_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have a Skoda Fabia TDI (Elegance), 2010 model. The car is factory fitted with projectors with Halogen bulbs in it. I want to replace them with HID. But when i looked closely i saw "BI-HALOGEN" engraved on the projector rims, so i want to know are these designed only for Halogen bulbs or a HID kit can be installed in it? I am poasting a picture of the headlight. Please have a look and guide me.

Thanks

Bi-Halogen has a 'shutter' that swaps your dipped beam to main beam. You can probably hear them click when you activate the main beam or 'flash' your lights.

Fitting HID to these units is easy. Just follow the guide above but if I were you, I'd invest in a decent kit.

• Like 1

Very difficult to get true images unless you're good with cameras, which I'm not, but here's a couple.

The cut off point with these is VERY clear and precise.

20120124_204029.jpg

20120124_205547.jpg

20120124_205625-1.jpg

what grade of hid have you used? and what supplier did you get them from? also am i right in saying the 1 bulb does both main beam and high beam??

what grade of hid have you used? and what supplier did you get them from? also am i right in saying the 1 bulb does both main beam and high beam??

Yes, the VRS projector serves main & dipped beam by means of a shutter mechanism.

Look at my signature for the supplier of my HID's ;)

• 4 years later...

Ive got a 2010 Fabia & want to fit HID's but am unable to see the images for some reason - Just dispays the Photobucket.com/P500 image hosting notice in my Chrome browser (Ive tried internet explorer too)

Any suggestions on how I can view them please?