Central Locking problems?

Key in lock opens all doors except the front passenger door when key used front passenger door all doors open correctly any suggestions?'.

Same issue as I have but mine is drivers door rather than passenger. Same plug will be in each door and same issue with pins getting corrosion. Likely the case again. I can open all from drivers door, but from boot or passenger lock all but drivers door locks/unlocks. The reason it works seemingly find from my drivers door and your passenger one, is that we are physically turning the lock with key on that door and switch in lock mech is working fine to tell it to open others etc. Personally I'd have a look in passenger door at some point and check the plug, if all fine there then look at the wiring from it through rubber grommet back into car etc for a broken/worn wire. You have a better set up than me with it only being the passenger side and mine is not possible to fix as is sadly due to how badly pin corroded down :( At the least get in there and clean it out and prevent further corrosion by sealing up the plug or other things will start going batty too. 

I had same problem with my 2004 octavia vrs and it was the brown and red wire inside the car were the door looms plugs in.. i just changed the correded pin.if you need a loom you can get a loom for 20 quid from skoda scrapyard in oldham....

same problem again. central locking doesn't work and interior light on door opening (but door open light comes on in speedo) today took door apart and when taking main plug off water came out, thought great that was the problem, female connector missing 2 pins, dam. Soldered 2 new pins on, wd40, blow dry, tape it all up. put door pack and still doesn't work, and now the passengers window won't operate from drivers door, DOH!. I need a new female connector if anyone has one....? also i have a new lock module to put in so lets see what that does

5AF78346-A632-403E-AAC3-DC1FBCBB36C6.jpg

same problem again. central locking doesn't work and interior light on door opening (but door open light comes on in speedo) today took door apart and when taking main plug off water came out, thought great that was the problem, female connector missing 2 pins, dam. Soldered 2 new pins on, wd40, blow dry, tape it all up. put door pack and still doesn't work, and now the passengers window won't operate from drivers door, DOH!. I need a new female connector if anyone has one....? also i have a new lock module to put in so lets see what that does

5AF78346-A632-403E-AAC3-DC1FBCBB36C6.jpg

New female loom end should be handy enough found on ebay or breakers etc. New door module bit will need coded to the car annoyingly, only reason I haven't bothered changing mine noone with VCDS near me. Still check wires further along and in door join grommet thing on both sides for any signs of damage and also worth having a butchers at fuses in case something blew just after. 

Edited by FUBAR

do you need vcds to change the door lock module?

The part that the above plug, plugs into which is attached to the door window motor I am told yes on here. :( 

• 1 month later...

Posted Today, 20:45

Dear all,

I have problem with my Skoda Octavia mk1 2003. When I locked or unlocked the car turn light doesn't flashing. I read many topics here and check many items. When I press locking key on my key all doors are properly locked and secure light in the drivers door are flasing. On the instrument table no any signal who indicate that some of door are open. Only what I didn't checked was a boonet microswitch. I noticed when I open the bonnet I didn't have any signalization on the instrument table. If that reason why the turn lights doesn't flashing? 

Thank you

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, I brought a 09 plate Octavia yesterday and while driving home I tried the wing mirror drivers side and the control was turning the left side mirror with both sides from the controller ! 

Also drivers door doesn’t lock/unlock from remote ,  one question , one of the rear passenger doors being onside left, is locked and will not open from inside or outside, could this be linked to the driver door wiring? 

If any members around Lowestoft area that know how to fix this I would be willing to pay , I also have vcds if I can help anyone else out with theirs, my time is free 

11 hours ago, alesypalsy said:

Hi guys, I brought a 09 plate Octavia yesterday and while driving home I tried the wing mirror drivers side and the control was turning the left side mirror with both sides from the controller ! 

Also drivers door doesn’t lock/unlock from remote ,  one question , one of the rear passenger doors being onside left, is locked and will not open from inside or outside, could this be linked to the driver door wiring? 

If any members around Lowestoft area that know how to fix this I would be willing to pay , I also have vcds if I can help anyone else out with theirs, my time is free 

This thread is in the Mk1 Octavia section, do you have one of the old double run Mk1's or a late registered Mk2 PFL, or a Mk2 FL? 

If its a mk1... the wing mirror thing a "design feature" :D

literally, they all do that. I dont really know why, but it is designed like that from the factory.

does the rear door motor sound like its getting power when when you press the button? A short 1/2 second whirr, or just nothing at all? Either way its a door card off job (its easy enough, if a little... daunting/stressful the first time you whip it off)

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, sorry I posted about a 2009 octy, I had just come to the thread by way of searching the problem, and it is exactly same as the original post here, 

As for power getting through to the rear door, yes can hear the click, but will not unlock and I guess the child lock is on as cannot open from the inside either, I scanned the car and got the fault

00930 locking module for central locking , rear left  (f222)  

008 - implausible signal

guess the lock is damaged,,,,   and a strange thing was when I got the car home I opened the boot to check spare wheel and the wheel space had around a foot of water at the bottom!! , , no idea how it could of become so wet!

3 hours ago, mac11irl said:

If its a mk1... the wing mirror thing a "design feature" :D

literally, they all do that. I dont really know why, but it is designed like that from the factory.

Took me several years with the MK1 to realise what was happening, after adjusting one mirror I would find the other had moved.

My MK2 did it as well but then I found that it could be coded out using VCDS, might have been possible also on the MK1.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alesypalsy said:

Hey guys, sorry I posted about a 2009 octy, I had just come to the thread by way of searching the problem, and it is exactly same as the original post here, 

As for power getting through to the rear door, yes can hear the click, but will not unlock and I guess the child lock is on as cannot open from the inside either, I scanned the car and got the fault

00930 locking module for central locking , rear left  (f222)  

008 - implausible signal

guess the lock is damaged,,,,   and a strange thing was when I got the car home I opened the boot to check spare wheel and the wheel space had around a foot of water at the bottom!! , , no idea how it could of become so wet!

Right, the internal dead bolt has stuck on. Same fault as with my octavia. 

If its a mk2, im not sure the door card removal with the door closed, but there is likely a gentle way other than smashing it.

Once the card is off, id put money that the same GENTLE technique of cutting open the mechanism case and wind ing back the cog (i posted extensively about it a couple of yrs back) can be done and no grievous bodily harm need befall your car...

But first... try unlocking and open hand palm heel banging the door, just below and behind the external door handle. The shock can bump it enough to release :)

then change the door lock..

• Thanks 1

Looking like not going to an easy fix this one, I can't see if its going to be possible to remove the door card with door locked shut,, my hand is aching from banging to try and get it to release! 

bit gutted on this as its such a nice car, and this problem could cost a few quid to much

It wont cost much. A new lock mech is like 30quid, chinese pattern part and perfect. Door card removal may be tricky, but 99% its doable, and has been done. I doubt its much different to a mk1, i bet theres a guide similar to here in the mk1 section.

Have a look aling the bottom wdge for exposed torx screws. 

Then theres a few other and big screws behind bits of trim/grab handle cover/ switch and speaker modules :)

• Thanks 1

On 30/03/2019 at 07:27, alesypalsy said:

I tried the wing mirror drivers side and the control was turning the left side mirror with both sides from the controller ! 

Slightly confused as to what you're saying here.

Do you mean that the control adjusts both mirrors when it's set right, but only the LH one when set left? If so, then that's by design, so as long as you set RH one first you're set.

As for the remote control problem, there's a few things that could be:-

1. Broken wiring in the driver's door bellows.
  2. corroded connector in the multiplug in the driver's door.
  3. worn plastic actuator in a door lock.
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for my confusing post!   what I mean is , I turn the mirror switch to the left mirror setting, then it moves the mirror fine left side , so then I turn it to the right side setting and it controls the left mirror,,   no life in right side, 

also I turn to fold the mirrors and it just folds the left mirror, no life in right side, , I suspect it is the corrosion issue  , I have a guy looking at it tomorrow as the rear passenger door also locked closed and cannot open it, I am not confident of removing door cards without damaging them!

so will let man take a look 

I have ordered a new lock for rear passenger side door £20 Ebay job, but will wait see if the wiring can be saved drivers side before ordering any part for that, 

thanks for all advice here guys

2 hours ago, alesypalsy said:

Sorry for my confusing post!   what I mean is , I turn the mirror switch to the left mirror setting, then it moves the mirror fine left side , so then I turn it to the right side setting and it controls the left mirror,,   no life in right side, 

also I turn to fold the mirrors and it just folds the left mirror, no life in right side, , I suspect it is the corrosion issue  , I have a guy looking at it tomorrow as the rear passenger door also locked closed and cannot open it, I am not confident of removing door cards without damaging them!

so will let man take a look 

I have ordered a new lock for rear passenger side door £20 Ebay job, but will wait see if the wiring can be saved drivers side before ordering any part for that, 

thanks for all advice here guys

If he says the locked door needs to be smashed or cut open, dont let him.... 

5 hours ago, mac11irl said:

If he says the locked door needs to be smashed or cut open, dont let him.... 

Thanks , so you mean the door card can defiantly be removed with the door closed?

appreciate advice 

Id nearly guarantee it. On a mk1, once you get the couple of big bolts from the grab handle and screws out arounf the door pull and speaker arwa, and the exposed torx ones at the bottom of the door card, a good hard, straight pull on the door pocket and grab handle will yank the whole thing out. Then slide it up off the top of the door frame where the window goes down. If you get it right, you wont even break a door clip. If you do, they cost pennies from a dealer.

Once the innards are exposed you can cut a hole in the side of the lock mechanism, and with patience and 2 small allen keys, wind back the spring loaded cog thats shoots the dead bolt (its actually a small chunky plastic tab) back manually, and clunk.. door's open. I really really cant see the mk2 being much different....

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, alesypalsy said:

appreciate it ,

thanks again

No bother. 

If i get a better deal out of my dealer in the next 48hrs, ill have a mk2, so a better chance of sussing out any differences :D