build week

I ordered a Scout with extras on 24th March (build week 12) and I have now been given build week 26 as a guide + 3 weeks delivery to the dealership + 1 week pre-delivery inspection... 18 weeks in total!

This brings me to week 30 for collection which is the last week in July, which just happens to be the week that I'm away on holiday!!! At least this gives the dealer a chance to fit the towbar.

It makes me wonder if I should think about leaving it with the dealer until September 1st and the new registration.

At least I shall have it before the snow arrives...

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a Scout with extras on 24th March (build week 12) and I have now been given build week 26 as a guide + 3 weeks delivery to the dealership + 1 week pre-delivery inspection... 18 weeks in total!

This brings me to week 30 for collection which is the last week in July, which just happens to be the week that I'm away on holiday!!! At least this gives the dealer a chance to fit the towbar.

It makes me wonder if I should think about leaving it with the dealer until September 1st and the new registration.

At least I shall have it before the snow arrives...

Build week 26 and they might have the car ready for you by week 29 which is mid-July. I'm in a similar position although mine is a little clearer cut as build is week 32 so delivery might be week 35. I've already told the dealer that I won't now take delivery until 1 September and they are fine about it. There's a good few hundred pounds difference in future second-hand value between a 10 and 60 plate registration.

It might be worth looking at your order paperwork and seeing if the dealer wrote an estimated delivery date on it. If they wrote July and they can deliver in July then it's a matter of goodwill if they will slip it September. My car won't make the indicated delivery month so they've failed on their side of the deal and are therefore being flexible. For my part I'm taking my summer touring holiday in my SL rather than the Polo I'm part exchanging so that they don't find the mileage on the Polo jumping past the estimate they used to value it. (You might think that its a no-brainer to use the SL for a holiday, except its 23 years old and is now having to have a major service...).

If Skoda run a registration bonus scheme for dealers (do car makers still do this?) then I would expect all the summer months to count in one period, so apart from part-ex valuation and cashflow the dealer shouldn't mind much one way or the other.

It might be worth looking at your order paperwork and seeing if the dealer wrote an estimated delivery date on it.

I was given an estimate of 10 to 12 weeks which would have made delivery around weeks 22 - 24, so I may be able to push the dealers good will.

Dealer just emailed to say car has been resceduled from week 32 to week 22, i.e. next week. Delivery early July and therefore exactly as per the order form.

I'm delighted, if it was sentient the SL would be delighted too as now it is spared 2500 miles touring Germany in August, and I'm spared the huge fuel bill and extra service/insurance/RAC costs.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my Octavia vRS Black CR on 17/05/2010 have still not recieved a build date. :(

I ordered on 9/5/10 and got build week 26

so maybe not long after for you emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Ordered my Octavia vRS CR in Black Pearl with rear sensors on 17/5/10, build date (recieved today) is 13/08/10, i'll be too old n feeble to drive it at this rate LOL :(

Hi all,

Ordered an Octavia 2.0TDi PD140 Elegance Estate on the 26th of April and got a delivery date of "by the end of June".

Contacted the dealer a few weeks back and found out that my build week is (was) week 22 and theoretical delivery date is the 14th of June. This got revised to 12th and then the 10th of June...

Also got told that the PD has been replaced with the Common Rail version. Not sure what to think as according to the dealer the PD was coming without a DPF, and the CR will have one fitted. I'm mostly short journeys during the week (sub 3 miles) but much larger ones at least twice a month - often each weekend.

Waiting to hear though as not had any contact since. :wonder:

Will let people know when my new baby arrives :yes:

Steve

Edited by Lemming

Hi all,

Ordered an Octavia 2.0TDi PD140 Elegance Estate on the 26th of April and got a delivery date of "by the end of June".

Contacted the dealer a few weeks back and found out that my build week is (was) week 22 and theoretical delivery date is the 14th of June. This got revised to 12th and then the 10th of June...

Also got told that the PD has been replaced with the Common Rail version. Not sure what to think as according to the dealer the PD was coming without a DPF, and the CR will have one fitted. I'm mostly short journeys during the week (sub 3 miles) but much larger ones at least twice a month - often each weekend.

Waiting to hear though as not had any contact since. :wonder:

Will let people know when my new baby arrives :yes:

Steve

Thats good. Did you have any extras. I ordered my Scout on the 25th April but my build week is 31 with expected delivery September. Why is it taking mine so long ?

Thats good. Did you have any extras. I ordered my Scout on the 25th April but my build week is 31 with expected delivery September. Why is it taking mine so long ?

Hiya,

Only extras were spare wheel, mats and heated seats (due to back issues).

Not sure why there is such a difference in times. Mind you I'm not holding my breath until I get the reg number.

Only down-side is being a stay at home dad with a 3 year old, living in the valleys, without a car as my old Audi A6 sold in the first week of May.

Edited by Lemming

"Also got told that the PD has been replaced with the Common Rail version. Not sure what to think as according to the dealer the PD was coming without a DPF, and the CR will have one fitted. I'm mostly short journeys during the week (sub 3 miles) but much larger ones at least twice a month - often each weekend."

I have been told by a dealer that the DPF/CR combination has been far less trouble than the DPF/PD one. I'm guessing the engine produces less particulates, and the regeneration cycle is handled better.

Les.

I have been told by a dealer that the DPF/CR combination has been far less trouble than the DPF/PD one. I'm guessing the engine produces less particulates, and the regeneration cycle is handled better.

Les.

Thanks Les. Hopefully going to be a good bet then.

The pd engine in the VRS has not been available for about a year now so not sure where the dealer got the idea it would be a pd engine you were ordering. Also as above the pd engine also had the DPF fitted and since it was retro fitted it did have issues. The CR engine was designed to work with a DPF hence less issues. Although I would suggest a diesel car is not the best choice for your driving/mileage. It will not even be warm by the time you have done 3 miles so you will not get good fuel economy and will probably cause more damage to the engine than the mileage would suggest.

The pd engine in the VRS has not been available for about a year now so not sure where the dealer got the idea it would be a pd engine you were ordering. Also as above the pd engine also had the DPF fitted and since it was retro fitted it did have issues. The CR engine was designed to work with a DPF hence less issues. Although I would suggest a diesel car is not the best choice for your driving/mileage. It will not even be warm by the time you have done 3 miles so you will not get good fuel economy and will probably cause more damage to the engine than the mileage would suggest.

Hiya,

It's the 140 not the vrs. The brochure clearly shows the 140 is not fitted with a dpf unless you go for the scout or the 4x4. This was "confirmed" by the dealer as well.

As to mileage, although my weekday mileage is small, my yearly mileage is always well in excess of 15,000 miles.

TBH, my short journeys are a killer on any engine regardless of diesel or petrol. Probably better on a diesel as generally less revs are needed to get the same performance as I'm straight onto country lanes with high speed traffic round here.

DPF blocking up was the major concern. Glad to hear the CR should be better with the DPF though.

Thanks again for everyones input (can't get the smilies to work on my phone, otherwise there would be one here!)

EDIT: Sorry for taking this thread off topic! Big thanks all though

Edited by Lemming

Just a quick update...

Contacted my dealer today, and the car should be with them on the 13th. They reckon collection should be toward the end of that week.

They also mentioned that they have "a large number of cars landing" at the same time.

Quite happy really as I was initially quoted 6 to 8 weeks, and this fits into that time-frame (about 8 weeks by the time I have it).

Hope others have some good news soon!

Steve

Damnit, called inanother dealers yesterday and they have a blue vRS in the showroom available for immediate delivery.

Guy will do me a slightly better deal than the deal i have at other dealer.

Problem. Do i cancel my order for Black vRS (build week 31) and if i do will i get my £500 deposit back, and buy Blue vRS and be driving it by next week ?

Damnit, called inanother dealers yesterday and they have a blue vRS in the showroom available for immediate delivery.

Guy will do me a slightly better deal than the deal i have at other dealer.

Problem. Do i cancel my order for Black vRS (build week 31) and if i do will i get my £500 deposit back, and buy Blue vRS and be driving it by next week ?

if you cancel, you will lose your deposit, but if you are getting a better deal and getting it by next week it could be worth taking the hit. The wait for my car is getting stupid now. I've been waiting about 14 weeks and now just want my new car to collect

For people tracking order/build/delivery timings (as I have been - thanks for all the postings by others, the info has kept me sane):

Placed the order for my car on Friday 9 April (end of Week 14), initially told it was scheduled for Week 32, build was brought ahead to Week 22, vehicle ready for delivery from Wed 16 June onwards, I'm taking delivery on Friday 18 June (end of Week 24). Ten weeks from order to delivery, which is OK given the number of options I added.

Car: Octavia Elegance estate 1.4 TSI + DSG + sunroof + curtain airbags + maxi-dot + light assist + spare wheel + mats + anthracite metallic

For people tracking order/build/delivery timings (as I have been - thanks for all the postings by others, the info has kept me sane):

Placed the order for my car on Friday 9 April (end of Week 14), initially told it was scheduled for Week 32, build was brought ahead to Week 22, vehicle ready for delivery from Wed 16 June onwards, I'm taking delivery on Friday 18 June (end of Week 24). Ten weeks from order to delivery, which is OK given the number of options I added.

Car: Octavia Elegance estate 1.4 TSI + DSG + sunroof + curtain airbags + maxi-dot + light assist + spare wheel + mats + anthracite metallic

That falls nicely into the 8 - 12 weeks normally quoted for a new build.

Ditto.... ordered on the 07/05/10 and got week 26 too.....

That is really strange. I ordered on teh 5/5/10 and I have been given week 30 with delivery to the deal w/c 21/8.

The reason they give me is that the L&K (spec'd up) takes the longest of all cars.

Only another 9 weeks!!!

if you cancel, you will lose your deposit, but if you are getting a better deal and getting it by next week it could be worth taking the hit. The wait for my car is getting stupid now. I've been waiting about 14 weeks and now just want my new car to collect

Very tempting, but i think i will wait for my Black one. shouldn't have gone into other dealers lol :rofl:

Just had the call...

My car (ordered 26th of April - Build week 22) is at the dealers and will be collected by me on Friday 18th June.

Overall very pleased with the time from order to delivery.

Just had the call...

My car (ordered 26th of April - Build week 22) is at the dealers and will be collected by me on Friday 18th June.

Overall very pleased with the time from order to delivery.

Thats very good. I ordered the day before you and still have around 4-5 weeks to delivery.

Ordered 4x4 Estate CR1.6 with a few extras back in Week 20 and was told today by my dealer that Skoda now saying Week 41, (w/c 11 October :o ), so looking at early/mid November for delivery.

Hopefully will come forward as was planning on avoiding 120k service/cam-belt costs for current car which is being used as p/x.