1.2 TSI real MPG

Nake

2 hours ago, survey said:

Exactly. However on our previous diesel 2010 Yeti the maxidot was 10-12% optimistic. On this present 2017 petrol it appears bang on the money.

I will check it on mine to see if it is as accurate as yours.

• Thanks 1

My 2015 1.2TSI manual averaged about 47 mpg over the 14,000 miles before I traded it in for a 1.2 TSI SE DRIVE, best I have achieved was 49 mpg brim to brim. The 47 mpg was calculated on the total fuel used divided into the 14,000 miles so avoids inaccuracies. Mostly A roads.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2017 at 18:35, Expatman said:

I will check it on mine to see if it is as accurate as yours.

Well, I should have waited a bit.  Another fill-up and this one shows the maxidot as being 6% optimistic.  Quite disappointing really. Will check the next few tankfuls to see if this one was a rogue reading.  I have noticed that this petrol fillup is really annoying.  I keep thinking the tank is completely full and then I can pump more in, then more, then more; just wonder where its going as its not overflowing anywhere.  The diesel tank fillups, were easier to get quickly completely full.

As an aside an earlier MB that I had showed a slightly optimistic reading but my latest 2012 one has been dead accurate throughout its 54000 miles!

I just fill to the first 'cut out' of the pump. Any minor variances will be smoothed out over a few fill ups so not influence the overall accuracy of the MPG.

There is usually an expansion area somewhere. This allows the fuel to expand as it warms up without flowing out of the air hole.

Hence you should never try and completely fill the tank until it is virtually runing out of the filler tube.

A couple of clicks just to ensure the first one wasn't caused by splashback and that should be as full as safe to be.

My chain driven octavia gives between 6 - 8.3lt/100 km or between 35-45 mpg.

I have got heavy foot, just tried for one full depot a little slower to see how much she could give, it was around 6lt /100km or 47 mpg foe the best. my average is around 7lt/100km - 40 mpg.