Headlight Mod

finished a little headlight mod last night that i've been planning for a while.

stripped the headlights down and removed the chrome trim, painted this black and then mounted a set of R8 style led's just behind the trim so only the led's are visable.

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0431.jpgIMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

that you guys reckon?

i was worried it might look a bit chav but surprisingly it looks ok imo.

before any says anything i'm doing the bonnet grill mesh mod this weekend to match the bumper lol

Edited by furry

Guest westallc

dont like the leds very very chavtastic

black headlights look good but i would have left the leds out well done though :thumbup:

just a few hours of my time to be honest, if i did it again i'd be tempted to mount the led's behind the trim beaming up into the reflective but not sure on the legality from a mot point of view. being a ex tester i'd need to look up on it cos essentially during the test which would be daytime the source of the light might not be visable.

If you like it thats what counts, i remember doing this same mod on my old mk6 Fiesta and i was so chuft. What did you secure the LEDs with, Looks good especially the black headlights, im looking to do the black headlights but gotta wait till its warmer and got all day 2 do it.

i did mine last year, but i did the fog light surround as well. you just need to get the indicators blackened as well.

not sure on the leds but its different. not many done like that. its good to be different!!!

How did you manage to split the headlight as I tried this last year so I could spray the surround black, I gave up in the end as it was proving to be a right pig and I didn't want to ruin the unit. I did use a hot air gun but was worried about melting the plastic as it was getting very soft doh!

There was an article in Japanese Performance recently, about retro-fitting projector lamps into the reflectors on a Scooby Pretzle. They said to put the lights in an oven at 200C for 5 minutes.

There was an article in Japanese Performance recently, about retro-fitting projector lamps into the reflectors on a Scooby Pretzle. They said to put the lights in an oven at 200C for 5 minutes.

If i remember, thats what some of the guys have done here too. :)

Although unsure on cooking times ;)