BTCC

vrstony

• 4 weeks later...

He was under his own name then closed the account because he couldn't help himself when he'd had a few drinks, often arguing with Plato and other drivers. Now he's using his ES Racing account and he's ranted a few times since, blocked a few people for no reason and even reported some who answer back to him to the police. The start of the season may be interesting

I would love to see the new Octavia racing, it would be a great way to launch the new model. Thinking outside the box AMD are getting rid of the golf but then back tracked on twitter and said they are using it for part of the season while the new car is getting ready?

Wishful thinking on my part but you never know, I mean TEAM Hard are running 2 used Passat cc's

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I am going to try and hopefully revive this thread a bit. The new season of the BTCC will be on.

I am going to Brands Hatch next weekend. I went last year, and I really enjoyed it. Also being really cheap to go to for what you get. (All the support races are great to watch)

This year should be just as good, if not better. Last year at Brands Hatch it was really noticeable how quick the MG's were in a straight line, even though they sounded a bit rough.

Had a bit of a quick read of the BTCC wiki page, and BTCC website of the latest news and information.

Who do you think is going to be pushing for the championship this season?

The usual suspects will be Flash & Neal but the winner will be Plato. End of. My 2p's worth....

The WTCC season started today too.

• Like 1

The usual suspects will be Flash & Neal but the winner will be Plato. End of. My 2p's worth....

The WTCC season started today too.

I'm not so sure because I think Plato benefitted a bit from the Tidy One being ever so slightly rubbish, so keeping boost and team weight penalties off the MG.

• Like 1

Voting Flash & Neal again, im no glory supporter im just a massive fan of Honda & both these drivers granted i prefer Flash.

Tom onslow-cole should do well in the passat, and Collard will be constant as always.

I hope this year plato will stop ******* moaning about the Honda's

I shall be at Brands on Sunday. Canny wait!!! I'm rooting for Plato and will be good to see what some of the young drivers are capable of in an BTCC car, Tordoff and Goff etc. However from what I have read the new BMW 1 series look a good contender especially with Collard and the return of Turkington behind the wheel! Going to try and be at as many races as possible this year :)

I'll always support Plato purely because he winds people up but has the skills to back it up, unlike a certain Chris James who has blocked me on Twitter. I didn't say word to him either :D With Turkington in the mix again too it should be an epic season. I was glad Flash won it last year as he's been trying for a while. I also want to see Rob Austin do well this year too. He was at our last Castle Combe trackday testing and of what I've seen of him he seems tidy.

• Like 3

Wonder if there will be any factory Chevy's this year as there aren't any in WTCC. Huffy got dumped without any rhyme or reason like JP did a year or two ago.