Spare wheel assembly

The Plumber

Recently bought a Yeti Elegance and had dealer fit the spare wheel assay.

Cost a lot more than the factory build - dealer fit is £275.00 (built into deal of course).

Also was at the Goodwood Festival of Speed last week and visited the (big) Skoda stand where they had the new special edition. I complained about the lack of a 'proper spare' and the Skoda Rep did acknowledge they had a lot of complaints about the lack of a proper spare. Couldn't say whether thy would act though - if Kia can give a full size spare with the Sportage the Soda should at least have option on Yeti.

• Like 1

Recently bought a Yeti Elegance and had dealer fit the spare wheel assay.

Cost a lot more than the factory build - dealer fit is £275.00 (built into deal of course).

Also was at the Goodwood Festival of Speed last week and visited the (big) Skoda stand where they had the new special edition. I complained about the lack of a 'proper spare' and the Skoda Rep did acknowledge they had a lot of complaints about the lack of a proper spare. Couldn't say whether thy would act though - if Kia can give a full size spare with the Sportage the Soda should at least have option on Yeti.

Skoda would have to redesign the complete back end of the car to do this. That won't happen soon, if at all. The Haldex clutch unit is in the way from what I can tell. I suppose you could make the boot smaller, but most people complain the boot is too small already. It might also push the co2 up as well. They are too high as it is. I want a diesel automatic 4x4 with under 130g/km.

The Sportage is a completely different shape.

• 9 months later...

To update this topic with ref when ordering a 1.2TSi, sunroof and spare. You can't order this combination due to it increasing the emissions. So I had the dealer order the spare as an accessory and then have them fit it. Going this route the cost is near on £250 but as I was ordering a new car along with numerous other options they are only charging me the RRP £150.

I will be p/ex my yeti ts1.25 with the spare wheel kit removed from my car to the next, same model only I require d.s.g.   Do I have to swap the false floor with the other car or are they the same?

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to post a question but thanks to all the above, my question was answered in regard to turning the spare wheel with the inner side upmost to use as storage.It does raise the the boot floor a bit but its not too bad. new 4x4 yeti outdoor

• 1 month later...

Hi friends.

I have got a spare 205/16 tyre (no rim) and was wondering whether buying the spare kit. Will it keep a 205 or the false floor geta lifted and detached by the one-centimeter extra ?

Thank to all!

What about one of these on a rim?

My SE Greenline is confirmed for assembly next week, and I'm thinking about any side orders now. I do want a spare wheel, and I've read dozens of the posts on this forum.

I'd prefer to get a real spare 205/55 R16 SE Greenline wheel than a "temporary use" 195/60 R16 spare. Then it can be used in rotation, or swapped for one of the main wheels if it wears quickly.

How poorly will it fit under a spare kit floor?  It's 10mm or 20mm thinner than main wheels on other models, but 10mm thicker than the official spare. Would the floor be raised 10mm above the sill, with a narrow open gap?

Yes it will raise the boot floor even more, plus will it actually fit in the hole?

Secondly, the tyre industry no longer recommend the rotation of a single tyre.

i'd prefer to get a real spare 205/55 R16 SE Greenline wheel than a "temporary use" 195/60 R16 spare. Then it can be used in rotation, or swapped for one of the main wheels if it wears quickly.

Yes it will raise the boot floor even more, plus will it actually fit in the hole?

I think the Greenline wheel is slightly smaller diameter as the tyre sidewall isn't as deep  (112.75mm (55% of 205mm)  v 117m (60% of 195mm))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...