PEEPS WHO HAVE RECENTLY TAKEN DELIVERY

lettie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

I just joined from Ireland. I'm glad I found the site because for a while I thought I was on my own.

I ordered a Yeti 2.0TDCi Elegance which is the top of the range model here in Ireland. It comes as standard with the panoramic sunroof.

Anyway we ordered on the 18th of February and were advised an 8-10 week delivery time. We are trading in a 2006 Ford C-Max so we aren't in a situation where we won't be without a car.

So the situation is that we are now at the end of April and we have been advised by the dealer that they cannot give us a build date (at all!). The reason we have been told is because Skoda cannot get enough Panoramic Sunroofs.

On Friday I got a call to offer me a free SAT/NAV installation if I would take an Elegance without the sunroof (no thanks!) because there is a strong chance that they will discontinue the option from the vehicle!

Just wanted to add my experience here. I can' t blame the dealer but from years of buying Fords this is unfortunate.

Hi Everyone,

I just joined from Ireland. I'm glad I found the site because for a while I thought I was on my own.

I ordered a Yeti 2.0TDCi Elegance which is the top of the range model here in Ireland. It comes as standard with the panoramic sunroof.

Anyway we ordered on the 18th of February and were advised an 8-10 week delivery time. We are trading in a 2006 Ford C-Max so we aren't in a situation where we won't be without a car.

So the situation is that we are now at the end of April and we have been advised by the dealer that they cannot give us a build date (at all!). The reason we have been told is because Skoda cannot get enough Panoramic Sunroofs.

On Friday I got a call to offer me a free SAT/NAV installation if I would take an Elegance without the sunroof (no thanks!) because there is a strong chance that they will discontinue the option from the vehicle!

Just wanted to add my experience here. I can' t blame the dealer but from years of buying Fords this is unfortunate.

Welcome Generic to the SMOC. I was obviously lucky getting my sunroof order in at the beginning of the YETI. Rumour has it (reported on various sunroof threads here) that the same roof is now used on the Superb estates and there are only 100 roofs available every week hence the long lead time. I would be surprised to see Skoda delete it as an option as it appears quite popular. Satnav is very good though - but soesn't add to the ambience like the sunroof does.... emoticon-0124-worried.gif

I would be surprised to see Skoda delete it as an option as it appears quite popular. Satnav is very good though - but soesn't add to the ambience like the sunroof does.... emoticon-0124-worried.gif

I can't imagine they will delete the option. They will just change the Irish spec to not have the sunroof as standard.

But I'm not very happy about this since I won't have my Yeti any other way than WITH a sunroof. So wait I'll have to wait. Currently I worked 16 weeks out as 6th of Aug. If I wait a tiny bit more I will get a 60 reg instead of a 10 so at least I will win on that front.

Ordered mine (Muscovado Elegance 140 4x4) 22 March, rang dealer today, its in build and he expects another 4-5weeks

Glad I didn't order a sunroof!

Hi All,

As you will have seen in my main post, Yeti has arrived, at last. Registration and tax held up by DVLA for a couple of weeks. Grey Gables in Witney have done a great job prepping it, looks really good.

A Black Magic Elegance 170 4X4 with all the toys. I love it!

Just as a matter of interest I changed over to Tesco car insurance a couple of years ago and they could not have been more helpful. I paid £222.60 for my Octavia 140 4X4 estate and they changed over the main cover to the new Yeti and gave me 3 weeks cover for the Octavia for the change over period and a refund of £12.60! The quote for a full year was only £208.95. I know Tesco are taking over the world, but with service like that it's not surprising.

Chris.

p.s. Still working out how to post pics.

• 1 month later...

Ordered my 110 Elegance around 24th March. Given an ETA of 30th June. Total 14 weeks. We'll see. Just have to focus on other things. :-/

Greetings from the peasant. I ordered a yeti 110 4x4 elegance on the 29th March. I wondered if you had any more info about yours as I can get no info at all regarding my order.

Regards Peasant

ive waited 8 weeks for a date..now got another 8-10 weeks wait.. :S

When did you order your SM Lee??

17 Weeks from order to delivery for me. 5th February to 4th June. Was originally quoted 10 weeks (that didn't last long!) then got week 17 for the build which got pushed back to week 18. Sunroof was an option so this probably accounted for the longer than normal wait.

24hrs is toooooooooooo long when your waiting for a SM emoticon-0106-crying.gif

The worst thing about my wait from now is that I know it's sitting there at the dealers, not much more than about 4 miles away.... and almost another week to go! emoticon-0120-doh.gif

Edited by davecarter

Joining in late here........

Ordered 22nd Feb. Told 3 months.

Collected vehicle from dealer 7th May - that is about 11 weeks, not bad, eh?

It seems that its "no sunroof, no problem"!

Joining in late here........

Ordered 22nd Feb. Told 3 months.

Collected vehicle from dealer 7th May - that is about 11 weeks, not bad, eh?

It seems that its "no sunroof, no problem"!

It can't be as simple as that, must be down to colour/engine/trim issues as well.

My next company car, a 2wd 110bhp elegance, in corrida red, with no extras was also ordered in the same week as yours, and I am still waiting delivery. Latest predicted date mid june from lease company.

Our 1.8 TSI 4x4 Ambition (plus various extras) was exactly 8 weeks from order to picking up from the dealer.

Hi,

I ordered my Yeti a few weeks ago. Was just wondering from order to delivery, how long did you guys and gals have to wait.

Not that im impatient at all. :giggle:

Just getting a little concerned, as have been reading back through some of the topics and expected delivery times appear to be put back all the time.

Was wondering who has so far had to wait the longest.

I know it will be worth the wait, but i would actually like it before christmas 2010 :rofl::o

Ordered 1.2 SE DSG with options 3rd February, current estimate building week 22 (w/c 31st May) delivery nearer end June. Dealer not currently returning my request for update.

Edited by Franco

Ordered 1.2 SE DSG with options 3rd February, current estimate building week 22 (w/c 31st May) delivery nearer end June. Dealer not currently returning my request for update.

Hey Franco, you're in Hove, is that Hove East Sussex???? :o

Ordered 18 Feb and took delivery on 21 May. Wanted to transfer cherished number and about 2 weeks lost because of a jobsworth at DVLA not accepting photocopy of insurance doc.