PEEPS WHO HAVE RECENTLY TAKEN DELIVERY

lettie

Picked up our 170 4x4 Elegance on 12/3/10 after doing deal with dealer on 5/3/10. Wanted 140 Elegance but with estimated 16 week wait and dealer desperate to get his hands on my Octy vrs diesel(11 months old) did some serious haggling and threatened to walk away when they came up with another 1k on trade in, couldn't believe it and did deal. Got 170 4x4 Elegance in Aqua Blue with full size spare in boot, which is what I wanted, but on closer inspection at home it had the rough road pack and the alloys were optional upgraded ones, can't moan as I only paid for the metallic paint option. Only lost £550 on the Octy, in 11 months, still can't decide what dealer wanted most my vrs or the sale of his one and only unregistered Yeti. Dealer did sell the vrs in just over a week, so he will have been happy.

I am well pleased with Yeti and am going to France in it next month will post a report on it's performance.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up our 170 4x4 Elegance on 12/3/10 after doing deal with dealer on 5/3/10. Wanted 140 Elegance but with estimated 16 week wait and dealer desperate to get his hands on my Octy vrs diesel(11 months old) did some serious haggling and threatened to walk away when they came up with another 1k on trade in, couldn't believe it and did deal. Got 170 4x4 Elegance in Aqua Blue with full size spare in boot, which is what I wanted, but on closer inspection at home it had the rough road pack and the alloys were optional upgraded ones, can't moan as I only paid for the metallic paint option. Only lost £550 on the Octy, in 11 months, still can't decide what dealer wanted most my vrs or the sale of his one and only unregistered Yeti. Dealer did sell the vrs in just over a week, so he will have been happy.

I am well pleased with Yeti and am going to France in it next month will post a report on it's performance.

you jammy ******! no seriously you done well there - a 170bhp version with immediate delivery.

170 Elegance (+ muscovado metallic, park assist and spare wheel) ordered 22/2/10.

Projected to arrive UK 30/4/10. Thats the bank holiday w/e, so I don't expect much to happen until end of first week of May.

So, could be 10 - 11 weeks from order. Mentally, I've registered 12 minimum (need to keep enthusiasm under control!)

You will be very happy with it's perfomance, I guarantee it. Just watch out for the "2CV mentality" of the drivers in France. They seem to be happy drafting a lorry for hours - till you come by to overtake. Fortunately, the Monster brakes are huge and work very well.

The speed limit on motorways in France is 130 km/hr - and they take it very seriously. I have found that if you are inclined to eceed the legal velocity, you can follow along some of the local road warriors at a reasonable distance. They usually know where the traps are and slow down for a mile or so to go past, and then proceed. They usually shake out the 2 CV mentally drives for you too.

Edited by Agerbundsen

Hi, thanks for the tips, I drive in France about 3 or 4 times a year and have seen the police with their speed traps on the motorway approaching Calais so I always stick to the speed limits and have speed limit warnings and camera locations in my Tom Tom.

I have experienced the french driving mentality, especially the tricks they get up to when they see your GB plate, when you are trying to overtake they try to race you, I usually give them the old fashioned English two fingered salute. :thumbup:

Hi,

I ordered my Yeti a few weeks ago. Was just wondering from order to delivery, how long did you guys and gals have to wait.

Not that im impatient at all. :giggle:

Just getting a little concerned, as have been reading back through some of the topics and expected delivery times appear to be put back all the time.

Was wondering who has so far had to wait the longest.

I know it will be worth the wait, but i would actually like it before christmas 2010 :rofl::o

Not taken delivery yet, but just checked on the status on my lease car ordered at the beginning of February, a Yeti 110 SE with Sunroof, Front Parking Sensors & Light Assist. Received the following reply from Skoda:

This vehicle has slipped to an estimated delivery of 27/05/2010. The Yeti was put on limited allocation and the build dates have been slipping. Skoda UK hope it will come forward as they are asking for extra allocation from the factory.

That'll be 16 weeks then :(

Hi,

I ordered my Yeti a few weeks ago. Was just wondering from order to delivery, how long did you guys and gals have to wait.

Not that im impatient at all. :giggle:

Just getting a little concerned, as have been reading back through some of the topics and expected delivery times appear to be put back all the time.

Was wondering who has so far had to wait the longest.

I know it will be worth the wait, but i would actually like it before christmas 2010 :rofl::o

I ordered a Yeti 140 SE + options in week 10 and was told delivery was estimated to be 8-12 weeks.

Then in week 13 I was told delivery was expected to be 12 weeks from initial order placement!

This is becoming a bind because I manged to sell my Vectra at a reasonable price and so now have no private transport. I am finding the public transport system is so inefficient and I live in a city! I do hope the delivery doesn't go out to 16 weeks.

I've been waiting 10 weeks since order (after intial estimate of 6-8 weeks)

I've been told by lease company that delivery is now expected in 3 weeks, which = 13 weeks total.

However, having read others experience i am not expecting to see the car until Mid May, which = 16 weeks total.

I've been waiting 10 weeks since order (after intial estimate of 6-8 weeks)

I've been told by lease company that delivery is now expected in 3 weeks, which = 13 weeks total.

However, having read others experience i am not expecting to see the car until Mid May, which = 16 weeks total.

Yes, seems like there's slippage. I ordered on 9th March and was told 8 to 10 weeks but other people had quoted 16 weeks so I was mentally prepared for a long wait. Just been told today that the car is due at the dealers in June. If it's the 1st June that is twelve weeks to get to the dealer so I expect a couple of weeks until it's delivered. If it the end of June then that will be 16 weeks. At least I've not got rid of my existing car yet.

Stewart

Edited by StewartK

Not meaning to wind anyone up....

but my dealer has just informed me mine came off the boat this morning in Sheerness. It will be with the transport company on Monday.

I dont think ive ever been so excited to be taking delivery of a new car before either! :rofl:

Edited by FocusZtec

im real pleased for you, i honestly am (said through gritted teeth) you lucky ******.

your gonna love it.

Well i contacted my dealer today and they said mine is due to be built end of April. They also said that they have not heard anything regarding building times slipping...so i may still be on for 12-13 week wait....HIp Hip HOORAY. but then other half said dont waste your breath, things could change in a flash..... :'( they always have to go and ruin it.

Great news!! :party:

Sure you are going to be as chuffed as we are with that engine.....ours loosening already, still very tight at present...can tell she's gonna be a little pocket rocket!! B)

I cant wait. One week to go. B)

Hi All,

Ordered Feb 4 for build week 12. End of week 12, told car now on ship! Car arrived at dealer yesterday, all the extra toys will be fitted for Friday this week - just waiting for DVLA now.

Even with all the transit film on - it still looks good, can't wait.

Chris.

Hi All,

Ordered Feb 4 for build week 12. End of week 12, told car now on ship! Car arrived at dealer yesterday, all the extra toys will be fitted for Friday this week - just waiting for DVLA now.

Even with all the transit film on - it still looks good, can't wait.

Chris.

Things are moving by the sounds of it! Mine arrived in port yesterday. Waiting now to see how long it will take to get to the dealers. Hoping to pick it up this weekend but I think it will be tight!

Update: too tight as it turns out - next Wednesday for me!

Simon

Edited by SimonVespa

I am waiting for a new lease car Yeti, a standard 2x4 diesel elegance, ordered late feb, expected delivery now early June according to the lease company.

Would have really liked the 4x4 version but would have had to drop to a S spec to negate the extra car tax cost, so decided the extra toys were more useful than the 4x4 which you may only need 1 day a year in practice. I also suspect the 2x4 will do another 5 or so miles per gallon as well

Hi All,

Re my last post in this thread, I am still waiting for my Monster. Has bee ready for about a week now, but still no tax disc or transfer of number. Have heard that DVLA are still doing personal plate transfers by hand!

Anyone know if this is true? What! it's 2010, F G S.

Chris.

Sixteen weeks wait for delivery! I am beginning to realise how lucky I was getting my dealers last stock one. 6 weeks of driving it and it just gets better, just love the car, glad I didn't have to wait longer than a week, not that I'm gloating or anything. I am sure the wait will be worth it for all the Briskodians patiently waiting for their monster.

Edited by redcar_reds

Sixteen weeks wait for delivery! I am beginning to realise how lucky I was getting my dealers last stock one. 6 weeks of driving it and it just gets better, just love the car, glad I didn't have to wait longer than a week, not that I'm gloating or anything. I am sure the wait will be worth it for all the Briskodians patiently waiting for their monster.

You were very lucky indeed. I had that with my Audi. Walked in and had it 9 days later. And I'm now only 2 weeks into my 16 week wait. emoticon-0106-crying.gif