vrs tsi and vrs tfsi?

I thought all Octavia fl vrs models were tfsi???

Hi pal,

Mine has TSI under the bonnet and not TFSI also noticed this in the broucher before I collected my order on the 12-Mar-2010...

I will watch this thread for clarification as when I phoned customer service they could not give me an answer :S

Cheers

Hi

Someone else can clarify, but I think that the new engine is now termed tsi in the facelift as opposed to tfsi in the 06-09 MY. This is seen accross the VAG group ie Golf Mk6 GTI, New Leon etc.

Hope this helps.

More efficent with lower emissions acheived by using a different intake etc. Road tax is lower than the TFSI. Thats as much as I know - would be interested to know the power and torque of the TSI - do you have that info?

More efficent with lower emissions acheived by using a different intake etc. Road tax is lower than the TFSI. Thats as much as I know - would be interested to know the power and torque of the TSI - do you have that info?

I did see something on here a couple of months ago stating that it is not belt driven but chain driven which which makes it far smoother.

Don't shoot me if im wrong... :(

Arent TSi chain belts? ,Good job it doesn't say TFI :giggle:

Aye it's 1/4 inch gear chains (3 x off) too rather than rollers -- new to me :wonder: never knew what a gear chain was.

1 chain drives the oil pump, there's no damper on that chain, the manual says because there is low dynamic load.

1 chain drives the camshafts (intake camshaft only is variable timing)

1 chain drives the 2 balance shafts. Off the back end of one of the balance shafts, it drive's a toothed belt for the coolant pump. Never come across this design before, maybe exists on other VAG engines?

Other thing i've never come across is there's only 1 lambda sensor, the pre-cat lambda sensor is deleted in this system and is replaced by maps hardcoded on the ECU. One less thing to cause an erratic idle? Potentially avoids the tendancy of closed loop feedback to hide problems with MAF etc? Could be a good move.

Maximum Power 200 hp (147 kW) at 5100 - 6000 rpm
Maximum Torque 206 lb ft (280 Nm) at 1700 - 5000 rpm

Engine Code CCTA - CBFA
Inline 4-Cylinder TSI Engine
Displacement 1984 cm3
Number of Valves Per Cylinder 4
Bore 3.2 in (82.5 mm)
Stroke 3.7 in (92.8 mm)
Compression Ratio 9.6 : 1
Firing Order 1-3-4-2
Engine Weight 317 lb (144 kg)
Engine Management Bosch MED 17.5
Fuel Grade 95/91 RON
Exhaust Emission Standard ULEV (CCTA) - SULEV (CBFA)

The VW supplied graphs of power and torque are pretty flattering (can't seem to upload an image directly onto briskoda :doh: )

Thanks to, i think it was wega3k (?) who pointed out the VW docs for this engine (all this info is from there).

I have had a new Mk6 GTI which i swapped for a FL VRS and can confirm it is the same TSI engine. More Tq and bhp. Also correct that it is chain driven, the main advantage of this is when it comes to servicing. Rubber belts are cheap but you have to take half the engine out to get to them and this bumps up the man hrs.

Mike

What's the bhp and torque of both the tsi and tfsi engines? Skoda seem to be moving all petrol engines to tsi ones. With 1.2tsi, 1.4tsi, 1.8tsi and the vrs with 2.0tsi.

Thanks to, i think it was wega3k (?) who pointed out the VW docs for this engine (all this info is from there).

:thumbup: Glad it's been of interest.

I ordered a new vrs last Monday. Week 20 is my build date. Should be tsi? Has it more bhp? Higher torque? Smoother?

Read the following on another site regarding the mk6 Golf GTI. A new four cylinder 2-litre TSI engine replaces the 2-litre T-FSI unit and incorporates modified pistons and piston rings, an improved oil pump, new induction system and high-pressure fuel pump.

Means extra 10bhp, extra 3mph and 0.3 secs faster to 60mph. Same torque but delivered lower in the rev range.

Read the following on another site regarding the mk6 Golf GTI. A new four cylinder 2-litre TSI engine replaces the 2-litre T-FSI unit and incorporates modified pistons and piston rings, an improved oil pump, new induction system and high-pressure fuel pump.

Means extra 10bhp, extra 3mph and 0.3 secs faster to 60mph. Same torque but delivered lower in the rev range.

This is good then. Strange that Skoda havn't made a point of detailing this improved engine spec inthe broshure for the latest FL models! I've had mine on order for 5 weeks now and thought the engine was exactly the same as my 56 plate petrol vRS which makes it all the more exciting that it isn't!

It's not that I don't trust the two guys on here that say their cars have the tsi engine but can they check engine codes to be sure please? I find it strange that Skoda aren't advertising the change from tfsi to tsi in their brouchure etc.

New Mk6 Golf GTI engine is EA888 and mk5 Golf GTI was EA113. Anyone know what the vrs is now or was?

Edited by nealb

Hi pal,

Mine has TSI under the bonnet and not TFSI also noticed this in the broucher before I collected my order on the 12-Mar-2010...

I will watch this thread for clarification as when I phoned customer service they could not give me an answer :S

Cheers

how can you tell difference is it just the tsi on top rather than fsi turbo mine due for delivery in mid april so should this be a tsi

I read somewhere that the old EA113 has the dipstick at the front whereas the EA888 has the dipstick on the side........

Also found this on an american forum (credit to Arin@APR)

US MK5/MK6 2.0 TSI Engine

CCTA

CBFA

CCT and CBF denote the engine's mechanical structure. IE, secondary injection (CBF) vs non secondary injection (CCT). A, the 4th letter, denotes the power output for the calibration, ie both rated in the us for 207ft-lb/200hp.

ROW MK6 and A3 2.0 TSI Engines

CCZA - A3

CCZB - MK6

CCZ denotes the european mechanical structure. A denotes the 200HP calibration. B denotes the 210HP calibration

Please can somebody confirm if latest spec VRS is CCZA or B !!!??? Probably gonna get one myself now it looks like it's defo the new chain driven engine :yes:

Anybody interested in a 30 month old fully loaded diesel CRV???

found some pics

new TSI EA888 (just to add to the naming confusion Audi call this TFSI! lol)

2zeh3li.jpg

old one

mmrd54.jpg

and this defo looks like a the new engine to me!

rh5wsp.jpg

Edited by adder

found some pics

new TSI EA888 (just to add to the naming confusion Audi call this TFSI! lol)

2zeh3li.jpg

old one

mmrd54.jpg

and this defo looks like a the new engine to me!

rh5wsp.jpg

nice one mate