LED rear lights on Chinese Octavia

A google translation:

"Metallic Twill-type C-LED taillights

Metallic Twill more prominent around the C character modeling

Post new Octavia style taillights form the basis of the original made small adjustments to the middle of the red block replaced by the white, so classic Metallic Twill letter "C" are much more prominent feature.

LED lights set in a stylish modern

Rear lamps with a recognition of high LED bulbs, when the tail lights turn on, the bright LED light bulbs the brightest group, just like little stars, full of beauty of modern technology! Will be effective lighting features into the design aesthetics of the body, success highlights a new generation of design. "

I want some! :thumbup:

I could have got some - only recently come back from China. The Octavia has proved popular over there and they are introducing the vRS this year. The cars are made by VW-FAW in China. The Fabia II also seemed to be selling well - I saw a lot in Shanghai (VAG cars are most popular in Southern China).

Chinese models are usually similar to the Euro models, but they do like to play around with the rear lights. The Passat/Magotan comes in various specs, some with non-Euro style rear lights and others with exactly the same lights.

...........and its probably put together in ten minutes by children. I'd love to see if it would pass European crash testing............emoticon-0124-worried.gif

LED lights do not make a silk purse.......

love how badly google translates the chinese site : emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

with large luxury cars before the usual straight face, waterfall-style grille design methods, the erection of a large blade-style uniform grid in the former location of the most visible face of a wedding banquet, to form a cause for heart health respect of the domineering posture, but with large chrome border, is more effective the highlighted area of visual impact and form a complete block of compelling visual momentum.

...........and its probably put together in ten minutes by children. I'd love to see if it would pass European crash testing............emoticon-0124-worried.gif

You would be surprised. Trust me, the Chinese are nowhere near as backward as you might think, and their labour rates and work practices are not quite as backward as we are led to believe. We are subject to quite an amount of 'propaganda' when it comes to China.

Of course it would, the design is esentially the same. It might be a different story though for some other makes of cars that have been designed from scratch in China.

Here are more pictures of Chinese Octy, Really can't see any compromise in quality if it's not even better.

http://photo.auto.sina.com.cn/picture/235409_0_1.html#pic

You guys may be right - its nothing personal its just that even with their advanced manufacturing processes, many still rely heavily on manual labour. Also i would imagine that corners would >HAVE< to have been cut to ensure it is an affordable proposition in a country where wages are considerably less than the West.

Think inferior quality steel and plastics - yes you have the moulds and press tools but you get to use whatever material you want (within reason). Also safety legislation is very lax so why build it to european standards if you don't have to.

I'm sure its a perfectly acceptable car but I'd wager my nuts that put up against one built in Europe, there would be any number of difficiencies apparent.

Edited by wardth

You guys may be right - its nothing personal its just that even with their advanced manufacturing processes, many still rely heavily on manual labour. Also i would imagine that corners would >HAVE< to have been cut to ensure it is an affordable proposition in a country where wages are considerably less than the West.

Think inferior quality steel and plastics - yes you have the moulds and press tools but you get to use whatever material you want (within reason). Also safety legislation is very lax so why build it to european standards if you don't have to.

I'm sure its a perfectly acceptable car but I'd wager my nuts that put up against one built in Europe, there would be any number of difficiencies apparent.

I think that if you visited China and some of their factories you would be quite amazed. It is not as portrayed on TV or as you might imagine. In many respects they are as advanced (and often MORE advanced) than in the west. I am not talking about the little factories that make umbrellas or cheap kids toys, but the larger concerns. There are very few Chinese designed cars, they are mainly built in collaboration with a Western or Japanese partner. Chinese consumers are actually quite picky and will not tolerate sub-standard rubbish. A lot of the cheap Chinese products we see here in UK are not available in China! My wife was astonished at the design and quality of the clothes, for example. Nor is China a particularly cheap or low-wage country these days (apart from the more remote rural areas). Decent restaurant prices are the same as in the UK, and they are packed. There is a better range and quality of food than you can buy here! We have got a lot of 'waking up' to do in this country.

Nope, I've changed my mind again.........b&stards!!!!

What next, copies of Rolls Royce?..........http://www.transportspecs.com/the-chinese-rolls-royce-phantom-look-alike/

Holy s*it!!!emoticon-0112-wondering.gifemoticon-0112-wondering.gif

Edited by wardth

Someone once said that the Chinese have 'a great sense of beauty, but no sense of ugliness'. I think the same could be said of the Japanese (think Subaru Tribeca). Mind you, modern Skoda's are hardly good lookers, are they?

What, the LED lights, or modern day Octavias :giggle:

I don't really think I kneed to answer that one Mike ;)

I like the look of Audi LED's, but the Chinese Octavia one's look cack :no:

So... if I wanted to "Chinkify" (I hope that's not an inappropriate verb that I have created - advance apologies if any offence is caused) my Octavia, what would I need to do it? I must say, I am quite taken by all the spangly shiny things and bolt on crap and I'm quite tempted to go down this road.

Does anyone have ETKA and is it possible to order Chinese parts for the UK market? As a starting point, can anyone find the part numbers, or a supplier for:

LED Rear Lamps (Facelift Octavia)

All of the Bumper Strips in Body Colour With Chrome Inserts (Pre Facelift Chinese Octavia)

Chrome Rear Boot Strip

Chrome Grille (Pre Facelift Chinese Octavia).

I am thinking with some Super Skoda LED Front Lights a la Audi, Could create something quite unique (or horrific if you prefer, I understand there are different interpretations).

Thanks in advance!

Gavin

Mike, you are a very very kind man... Can you tell me - is it just a single part number, for what I presume is both a supporting body coloured strip "in primer", which then needs to be sprayed body colour, and the chrome overlay?

There are a couple of different trim level chinese Octavias, some have jsut a body coloured bumper, some have the chrome insert.... do I need two part numbers for each?

Also, will teh chrome surround be any different from the one I have? Can I just order the grille and insert it into my surround?

Thanks for your encouragement!

Door trims front left 1ZD853 515, front right 1ZD 853 516, rear left 1ZD 853 753, rear right 1ZD 853 535

Boot lid trim 1ZD 853 955

Chrome grille 1ZD 853 668

Chrome grille surround 1ZD 853 661

Front bumper trim left 1ZD 807 717A

Front bumper trim right 1ZD 807 718A

Rear bumper trim left 1ZD 807 459

Rear bumper trim right 1ZD 807 460

Rear bumper trim centre 1ZD 807 443

And if you want to go all the way:

Chinese lettering badge for boot 3BD 853 687 (according to ETKA, it actually means Shanghai VW)

The Ming Rui is the posh version of the same... although many on here would contest it should have been called the Ming ing lmao

The bumper and door strips are listed as different part numbers from "primed" and "glossy"

I think that the primed must be the body coloured bit, and glossy is just a poor translation of chrome, unless they offer glossy in a range of colours? so if you have the part numbers for glossy too it would be welcome!

I havent got prices yet, but apparently if i spend over 15 quid on parts, I get free delivery, and if I spend over £25, they give me free prawn crackers and a bottle of pepsi.