A liitle mod Small Brake Upgrade

Finally got round to having these fitted Leon cupra r Discs and Calipers 345mm Dia.Thank you to a fellow briskodian for selling them to me. :thumbup: (Mr Hedge).They where a little dirty for my liking so had them re powder coated and i skimmed the discs,Still loads of meat left on them yet.All i can say is christ what a difference wish i had done it sooner. :wonder: .Also changed the brake fluid to AP 550 so touch wood no more brake fade.

post-2570-12718732369427_thumb.jpg

post-2570-12718732999936_thumb.jpg

post-2570-12718733187574_thumb.jpg

v nice, how do you do this, and do those cost much, and do they fit all the models, I am getting an elegance FL next week and would be interested in something to make the brakes look a bit nicer, and of course work a bit better.

although ild settle for just looking nice for now, can they be made look like the vrs brakes

Very nice, remember to get a new spare wheel as I don't think the original 16" wheel will clear those monsters!

No it wont but if you puncture a front then put the spare on the rear and then use that wheel on the front. ;)

I am so glad you have finally got them on Chris. Of all the things I did to my Ed I think this was the best.

The rear upgrade involves only vented discs on the R32/S3 and also a bigger pistoned caliper which can take away some of the initial snatchiness.

Standard 18's on the octy vrs just had them powder coated .

I like the wheels too Chris. Given that we are nearby each other, can I ask who did the powder coating for you and was it expensive?

I am looking out for some second hand R32 or equivalent brakes myself. With hindsight, I should have gone this route from the beginning instead of looking at pads only. Alas, they will have to wait a few months more as I have just shelled out for a second hand Twintercooler (in fact, I believe it is Makefish's old one making its way back home to Hampshire ;) )

Edited by muckipup

I like the wheels too Chris. Given that we are nearby each other, can I ask who did the powder coating for you and was it expensive?

I am looking out for some second hand R32 or equivalent brakes myself. With hindsight, I should have gone this route from the beginning instead of looking at pads only. Alas, they will have to wait a few months more as I have just shelled out for a second hand Twintercooler (in fact, I believe it is Makefish's old one making its way back home to Hampshire ;) )

Had the wheels done by these guys www.myalloys.co.uk you might even see my motor in the gallery.Expect to pay about £50 a wheel,Mr hedge also used them and was very pleased with the outcome. :thumbup:

Had the wheels done by these guys www.myalloys.co.uk you might even see my motor in the gallery.Expect to pay about £50 a wheel,Mr hedge also used them and was very pleased with the outcome. :thumbup:

I had a set of Pescaras done on the Ed30 which are still in the garage. :thumbup:

Thanks chaps, I hadn't heard of them until now but could probably spit out of my car window and hit this place on my way to work most days :rofl:

I think my standard brakes are good tbh. I would consider the Curpa disks if they were compatible with the VRS calipars?

You need the Cupra R calipers and brake lines, carriers, pads, the whole shebang.