Attempted the BIG MOUTH bumper

... and i think i did a not too bad of a job :D

and yes i have a FMIC so not a pointless mod, on my rolling road printout it lost 8bhp on the second run due to heatsoak of the fmic! :o

what i have done is drill 4 x 40 mm holes in the front of the crash bar to help cooling, painted it up in gloss black and used a stanley knife and hotair gun to trim out the number recess!

to fill the gap i used some mesh from..... wait for it..... halfords :o!! and its the perfect size :)

anyhow heres some pics, what you think?

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

just waiting on a sticker reg plate :)

... and i think i did a not too bad of a job :D

and yes i have a FMIC so not a pointless mod, on my rolling road printout it lost 8bhp on the second run due to heatsoak of the fmic! :o

what i have done is drill 4 x 40 mm holes in the front of the crash bar to help cooling, painted it up in gloss black and used a stanley knife and hotair gun to trim out the number recess!

to fill the gap i used some mesh from..... wait for it..... halfords :o!! and its the perfect size :)

anyhow heres some pics, what you think?

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

just waiting on a sticker reg plate :

not bad pal i welded tubes in my crash bar to give it a bit more strength but i did cut a rather large amount out of the back hehe :giggle:

hi! yeah i just drilled 4 holes in it!!

didn't do anything to the back of the bar, i just marked out where the square holes were in the back and had a wee measure up and drilled 4 holes so there is maximum airflow :)

there also central aswell so dont look out of place :)

V Nice!!!!

Any walkthrough guides on how to do this??

thanks

erm not so sure but theres a bumper removal guide i believe ??

you remove the bottom slatted grille part under the number plate holder by unclipping it from the rear....

then the number plate holder from the rear, there both held on with clips, so a screwdriver to unclip

then your left with whats behind the number plate holder a big lump of plastic!

this needs cut out to the best of your ability i used a sharp stanley knife blade and a heat gun to heat up the blade then trimmed away until my hear was content, wasnt too hard...

the bottom part where the oem slatted grille clips into needed the clip points cut off too!!

sounds hard but its all pretty try it yourself and self explanitory!

and as for the mesh i fixed it with self tappers and mudguard washers to the inside of the fog lights (invisible) 2 times on each side!

the mesh should hold in place pretty good if you get the black stuff from halfords as its the perfect height and fits snugly in the gap, also theres a lip on the bumper which holds it nicely!

if your good with your hands give it a try is all i can say :) im by no means a mechanic but i gave it a crack!!

even got the girlfriend to file the 40mm holes down, autosol the fmic and do a bit of the spray painting of the crash bar! RESULT

even got the girlfriend to file the 40mm holes down, autosol the fmic and do a bit of the spray painting of the crash bar! RESULT

Wow! thats prob the most difficult part! getting the missus to join in!

My gf would just sit back and laugh while I find new says to graze my knuckles/hands/feet (or general bodily harm) then afterwards say... Oh thats nice, what did you change? :doh:

Been and purchased that mesh, thought seeing as i'm taking my bumper off to get my headlights out and to fit my LCR splitter, I thought I may as well go the whole hog! Going to be a fun day tomorrow!

Been and purchased that mesh, thought seeing as i'm taking my bumper off to get my headlights out and to fit my LCR splitter, I thought I may as well go the whole hog! Going to be a fun day tomorrow!

good good, its all about getting stuck in!!

try having a go at fitting the LCR splitter like i did, looks so much better than cutting the prongs off, if you go into my recent topics it shall be there! trust me :D im a perfectionist!

thanks for all the comments!!

just waiting on the sticky reg plate as it doesnt look ' complete ' :(

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! thats prob the most difficult part! getting the missus to join in!

My gf would just sit back and laugh while I find new says to graze my knuckles/hands/feet (or general bodily harm) then afterwards say... Oh thats nice, what did you change? :doh:

Sounds familiar... I've got one just like that myself.... :smirk:

I deliberately bore her with uber amounts of skoda related tedium just to wind her up...

By the way, to Mrs Grr Brisky is called " That F**king Forum... :D

She's buying me a telly of my own for the new house so I don't have to interrupt her steady diet of

strictly come, x factor, property programmes and anything at all vampire related... :yawn:

Edited by grr666

hey there, that looks cool. Where did you get projector headlights or were they on as standard??

They are oem xenon's optional extra when new around 1k i believe, auto levelling, headlight wash and 5l washer bottle