LE Damaged Wheels Register

If any of you with damaged LE wheels would like a set of Audi Calito (BBS) 18" split rims for £400, I've got a set available :thumbup:

I would highly reccomend the above to anyone, thats what I now have fitted to mine.

They look very similar to the original LE wheels (Other than being more round) but somehow look considerably more chunky and better made.

Definetly get my approval!

I would highly reccomend the above to anyone, thats what I now have fitted to mine.

They look very similar to the original LE wheels (Other than being more round) but somehow look considerably more chunky and better made.

Definetly get my approval!

Would have preferred these to the Zeniths but too late now :(

I have Audi S4 alloys on my fabia estate and not a scratch buckle or dent on them. Get what you pay for.

• 1 month later...

Right Folks,

Lets take this further

Follow this link and fill out the form, it only takes 5 minutes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Lets not let Skoda UK rip us off with sub-standard parts.

And for the record when I first contacted my dealer to see about replacement under warranty I was told that the only thing he could do would be to offer me a new set (at cost) and gave me a quote for Zeniths as this was the part shown as being on my car at time of manufacture i.e. left the factory wearing zeniths so this problem is purely down to SKODA UK!

Its starting to make me ashamed to have owned 2 skodas and bigged them up to friends and family.

Please Fill in the form above

Thanks

Right Folks,

Lets take this further

And for the record when I first contacted my dealer to see about replacement under warranty I was told that the only thing he could do would be to offer me a new set (at cost) and gave me a quote for Zeniths as this was the part shown as being on my car at time of manufacture i.e. left the factory wearing zeniths so this problem is purely down to SKODA UK!

Its starting to make me ashamed to have owned 2 skodas and bigged them up to friends and family.

Thanks

I will do this later tomorrow too! anyone else in same predicament??

During my correspondance with Skoda, I suggested that I intended to replace the wheels with a used set of wheels from something within the VAG range, and was told that I should not replace them with anything that wouldnt be fitted as standard from the factory, so very interesting that they didnt follow there own advice if the cars left the factory with Zeniths and then changed to the crappy Team Dynamics ones over here.

Right Folks,

Lets take this further

Thanks

Done........

Just for interest, I have a 2009 pre FL vRS in anthracite as per the LE, but it came with 18" Zeniths and standard interior! It also has the older type climate controls & steering wheel. (It is a UK supplied car originally.)

This adds to the confusion over who actually fitted the wheels to the LE! :wonder:

Right Folks,

Lets take this further

Thanks

Would be interesting to know if other people who have an LE get the same information if they inquire about replacing a wheel! Although if others do call to enquire, don’t mention the car is an LE, just give the dealer the vehicle registration or VIN number, and if need be, ask the parts dept to confirm if the wheel being quoted for is a Zenith.

Would be interesting to know if other people who have an LE get the same information if they inquire about replacing a wheel! Although if others do call to enquire, don’t mention the car is an LE, just give the dealer the vehicle registration or VIN number, and if need be, ask the parts dept to confirm if the wheel being quoted for is a Zenith.

I have sold my LE back to the dealer I purchased it from, not at all impressed with Skoda customer service, they did not want to know about my wheels, said they had no other complaints from other LE owners reference the wheels, what a load of bull, will NEVER buy Skoda again.

• 1 month later...

Just taken my LE estate in today to get investigated for the droning noise at the rear and some vibration in the steering wheel and pedals. Got a phone call to say that all four alloy wheels are buckled.

After reading this thread, I've asked the dealer to photograph the damage and raise this with Skoda UK. I expect I will initially get the same response as everyone else but at least they will have another case logged for the issue. I will obviously pursue it further with Skoda UK and others as necessary.

I've been quoted (finger in the air) £240 per wheel to replace by the dealer. Very annoyed at the minute and the potential cost to pay and the hassle of trying to get it sorted.

Dan

I've just posted a survey up about alloy wheels on the vRS in this thread http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/197512-own-a-vrs-please-help/ . Want to try and gather some statistics to take to Skoda UK.

I have yet to hear back from Skoda UK about the issue. The dealer have sent the photos off and are awaiting a response. Photos included below:

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

I've just posted a survey up about alloy wheels on the vRS in this thread http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/197512-own-a-vrs-please-help/ . Want to try and gather some statistics to take to Skoda UK.

I have yet to hear back from Skoda UK about the issue. The dealer have sent the photos off and are awaiting a response. Photos included below:

Several of us have been there before with Skoda UK........Best of luck, very anoying these wheels are certainly sub-standard

I got no feedback from Watchdog and Skoda refused to accept that the wheels were sub standard. I'll be honest that the attitude of Skoda Customer service and the dealers will stop me buying another. Im going back to Audi later this year.

The damage you have is the same as mine. Think only 2 of my wheels are actually any good .. the others are totally wrecked. I have access to 5 cars and none of the other cars have suffered from damage like this so its not just the state of the roads.

Good luck but maybe you should start looking into alternative alloys. Either good ol Zeniths or another VW/Audi alloys.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear that drevil. I've now got Neptunes on mine with the LE wheels stored for now.

I have had a bit of correspondence with Skoda Customer Services but not got anywhere. The dealership seem to accept they're a poor quality wheel, but CS say they meet the legal obligations and so refuse any warranty claim.

It's a really disappointing response from Skoda, not sure where to go from here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have one wheel that needs replacing (front passenger) got an advisory from last service, but I have decided that I will fit a set of snow tyres on my current set of LE 18" Monzas including the one with rim deformation (straight section). Will be costly to upgrade to 4x Neptunes (£186+VAT per wheel) but I grudge paying (£128+VAT) for a wheel that is not up to the job being honest.

Good luck boys with Skoda & the dealers. I started getting trouble with my new LE wheel a year after purchase. I hope to use this thread as some leverage on purchase of new wheels.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one wheel that needs replacing (front passenger) got an advisory from last service, but I have decided that I will fit a set of snow tyres on my current set of LE 18" Monzas including the one with rim deformation (straight section). Will be costly to upgrade to 4x Neptunes (£186+VAT per wheel) but I grudge paying (£128+VAT) for a wheel that is not up to the job being honest.

Good luck boys with Skoda & the dealers. I started getting trouble with my new LE wheel a year after purchase. I hope to use this thread as some leverage on purchase of new wheels.

So... now that I've come across this thread, how far have people generally got with Skoda? Are they being unhelpful? That thread with the cars sat at Grimsby is certainly eye-opening, and completely BIZARRE that they were shipped without interiors! That changes my entire opinion of our car! Might it be worth tweeting Skoda UK? Wondering whether it's worth selling the car for a standard VRS. Doesn't seem worth changing the wheels for standard ones as it won't look like a Ltd! A great shame.

Has this put people off Skoda in general? Or do we simply think this particular edition has put a black mark against their otherwise great reputation?

Also, would it be worth me sending a link to this thread, to Auto Express or What Car, via Twitter perhaps?

Edited by Octy09

• 2 weeks later...

I took my LE into my local dealer for its second service yesterday, when I picked it up I was told I have 3 bent wheels front drivers is very bad with a large flat spot on the inside rim. I was quoted £230 per wheel to replace them.. Ouch !! :'(

Has anyone had any success with complaining about this to Skoda?

Edited by mattsj

I took my LE into my local dealer for its second service yesterday, when I picked it up I was told I have 3 bent wheels front drivers is very bad with a large flat spot on the inside rim. I was quoted £230 per wheel to replace them.. Ouch !! :'(

I am awaiting delivery of a Skoda Octavia Estate SE Plus. I am obviously aware that this problem does not seem to apply to that car. I am, however, concerned that the disinterest displayed by Skoda is significant and I see it as being a bad omen for the future. In any further approach to Skoda refer to the high court case Clegg versus Anderson. This case firmly fixes the responsibility onto the supplier that goods sold must be to specification and also be suitable for purpose. In other words if goods are not to specification or of sufficient standard then the supplier/manufacturer is legally responsible and you are entitled to your money back or a satisfactory replacement on the parts or even of the vehicle. I am replacing my current car, a one year old Toyota because of the appalling attitude of Toyota and my local dealer.

You won't have any success as these wheels are common after-market alloys from Team Dynamics rather than anything specific to Skoda. The problems are that they are both cheap wheels and a bit too lightweight, so good on a racing track, far less so on British roads!

Two choices really. If you need an individual wheel (or maybe two) then this place is cheaper than the dealers (£126 inc next day delivery): monza alloys, or if you shop around there are plenty of places knocking out a set of 4 for between £400-450. However, if you need more than a couple it may be worth looking at option 2 which is getting a better quality (ie heavier construction) set of alloys from a different manufacturer (although budget at least £600-£800 for this to make it worthwhile).