Handsfree Car Kit advice please - Octavia Mk2 drivers

Hi all

I'm getting a bluetooth hands free car kit fitted to my Mk2 Octy vRS and will probably go with a Parrot CK3100. Does anyone have the same kit and how have you found it? Also interested to see how and where people have mounted kits into the car as I am wondered where is the best place to use it etc?

Any help / pics etc gratefully received!!

Thanks

Ryan

Hi mate,

I don't have a Parrot or an Octy 2 but I used to fit them at work for the Ambulance Service. The 3100's are OK but if you can stretch to the 3200LS they are much better. The screen is bigger and it's colour but overall it's just a bit more stable on Bluetooth.

I would look at the Bury 6090 as an alternative to the Parrot. That is what I have installed in my Mk 2. It has full voice recognition with no need to program. Hence I say a name in my contact list on my phone and it goes and finds it. Also it reads out text messages. I have my screen mounted on the left side of the steering wheel on the dash by the front pillar. I posted pics on here a while back (think it was in the ICE section) so could search on here to find them.

Edit: Found it:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/107442-new-bury-bluetooth-system-fitted/page__hl__bury

Edited by PSM

I can also vouch for the Bury CC9060, its a brilliant piece of kit. I would think twice if your using a newer N series Nokia ( N97, N86 ) because the bluetooth profiles don't seem to get on but I am using a HTC HD2 now and it couldn't be working sweeter. I mounted mine between the stereo and vents on a brodit mount.

I have the Parrot CK3100.

I used to have one in my old company car and thought it was brill so had one fitted to my 2008 Scout.

I decided to have it mounted in between the two central air vents just under the hazard light switch - no drilling required and no visible wires.

This also allows the wife to use it too!

It automatically mutes the radio, 'phone' appears on the display and the volume of the callers voice can be adjusted using the radio's volume knob.

I prefer the basic display as all I need to see is the callers name / number so I can decide whether or not to answer!

The backlit LCD display doesn't match the green internal lights in my Octavia - but nevermind!

I paid about £150.00 for it fitted which I didn't think was too bad.

Recommended!

thanks all, devices will be all HTC, mainly the newer ones in the range, currently using a Desire and Snap, so both Bluetooth 2.1 I think. As silver1011 says, not too bothered about pictures and extra screen functions, just something basic and functional. Will see what the company comes back with - work are paying so I may not have too much choice in product, just more about where is gets fitted in the car! I dont want any holes or sticky pads really, so guessing Brodit is a good option?

thanks all, devices will be all HTC, mainly the newer ones in the range, currently using a Desire and Snap, so both Bluetooth 2.1 I think. As silver1011 says, not too bothered about pictures and extra screen functions, just something basic and functional. Will see what the company comes back with - work are paying so I may not have too much choice in product, just more about where is gets fitted in the car! I dont want any holes or sticky pads really, so guessing Brodit is a good option?

Take a look at the Parrot 9100 if you're going down that route then... Two line LCD display instead of full colour screen and newer hardware than the 3100.

I have the CK3100 fitted. It works great. Mutes radio etc. I also have it set up for voice dialling and it works a treat. I have set it so that I touch one button to activate the voice dial and then speak the name and it dials for me etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the CK3100 fitted. It works great. Mutes radio etc. I also have it set up for voice dialling and it works a treat. I have set it so that I touch one button to activate the voice dial and then speak the name and it dials for me etc.

Are these devices easy to install?

Been thinking about investing in the Parrot system until further forum reading reveals the 'Bury' which Id never heard of.

Expect you have to buy the appropriate interconnecting loom?

Cheers :)

Ask Ben (shark_90), he's just installed a Bluetooth system in my car today. No wires anywhere, No unsightly Parrot kit on the dash.

It integrates with the Maxidot/Bolero system & is controlled either with the MFSW or on the Bolero screen. It's also compatible with the Iphone! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Ask Ben (shark_90), he's just installed a Bluetooth system in my car today. No wires anywhere, No unsightly Parrot kit on the dash.

It integrates with the Maxidot/Bolero system & is controlled either with the MFSW or on the Bolero screen. It's also compatible with the Iphone! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Motor arriving on thursday but its a manual so no Maxidot/mfsw boohoo!

So expect its a bit more convoluted!

Will ask Ben though thanks! :thumbup:

Sounds like the Fiscon unit. Waplord showed me his - epic, completely integrated into the car and not a wire in sight - all works through the Bolero.

Sounds like the Fiscon unit. Waplord showed me his - epic, completely integrated into the car and not a wire in sight - all works through the Bolero.

Fiscon? Never heard of it? Sounds good though!

Will have a gander on tinternet and see what I can find!

Cheers! :thumbup:

Says you require MFSW?

:S

Na you can use MFD via the wiper stalk and access bluetooth fiscon kit that way. Probably easier via the bolero head unit though.

My fiscon kit should hopefully arrive tomorrow morning, been waiting over a week :-( parcel tracking says it's at APC's sorting hub just now so fingers crossed!

Na you can use MFD via the wiper stalk and access bluetooth fiscon kit that way. Probably easier via the bolero head unit though.

My fiscon kit should hopefully arrive tomorrow morning, been waiting over a week :-( parcel tracking says it's at APC's sorting hub just now so fingers crossed!

Seems there's more to this than I'd realised!

Going to do some more digging !

Cheers! :)

Thats me fitted my fiscon kit now.

Completely hidden and have put the mic in the overhead light (factory fit location) and now the phone button on the bolero works :giggle:

Nice kit, seems to work well. Call quality is high. Only thing i cant get it to do with my iphone is call with no number -- why would you want to call no number? -- with the iphone 3gs this fires up voice activation so i thought i was onto a winner, seems not. Will ping Kauftec and ask for a firmware update to allow this behaviour, see how it goes...