Worried about vrs delays

The dealer has informed me that my vrs will be built wk 23 (7th June). I ordered right at the end of March and was originally given a provisional build week of 26. He also said he was not aware of any delays due to item shortages. Good news as I will get it sooner and get the wk22 updates. Still seems like a long way off though. If only I could get angry birds for windows mobile to pass the time :D

Interesting.... awaiting a call back from my dealer today with a build date, ordered the same time as you. I will post back once I've heard, not looking forward the "chequered flag" kick plates thou :no:

One change to the vRS will be the chequered kick plates which I quite like

and also if you get the Tdi, the redline will be at 5000 revs rather than 4500

There will be the Bolero update.

There will also be new info on the dash for ESP off, and if you have a manual car, you need to depress the clutch to start it.

this is what I can make out based on the info sent to me.

Also there is a new solid blue colour, dunno if you can spec that on a vRS though.

Edited by LaceSensor

Im getting worried now lol. I ordered mine on the 28th of March and was told last week in May, 1st week in June for delivery. I have spoke to Mitchels Skoda (Chester) about four times asking for a date but they just keep saying the end of the month. The dealer in person is really good and i cant fault their service etc but the after care is so far a bit poor. They have never rang me, i have had to pester them asking for dates etc.

Im going to Scotland 2nd week in June so i will see my arse if i dont have the car by then ha ha :rofl:

Ordered 27th March and found out today that its build week 20 (w/c 17th May) and expected to be at the dealership around 3 weeks after that. If this is true i make that 11-12 weeks from order to delivery. So im about half way there!

One change to the vRS will be the chequered kick plates which I quite like

and also if you get the Tdi, the redline will be at 5000 revs rather than 4500

There will be the Bolero update.

There will also be new info on the dash for ESP off, and if you have a manual car, you need to depress the clutch to start it.

this is what I can make out based on the info sent to me.

Also there is a new solid blue colour, dunno if you can spec that on a vRS though.

I also thought there will be no reading lights in the rear either (being taken off the S and SE spec which the VRS is based on).

Also I thought the redline was aready at 5000rpm for the CR 170?

I also thought there will be no reading lights in the rear either (being taken off the S and SE spec which the VRS is based on).

Also I thought the redline was aready at 5000rpm for the CR 170?

Red line at 5000 on my CR vRS...

I'm just about to place an order for a TDi VRS based on the dealer's indicative 10-12 week lead time. Pretty worried if that could now extend into August, particularly as the car I'm running about in doesn't have much life left in it.

What are the week 22 changes?

Does anyone have experience of online brokers? Local dealer won't budge on price, but online brokers offering at £16.2-£16.7. Drive the deal appears cheapest - any experience?

I have just ordered an L&K. I was goign to go with DTD but my dealer did a good job of putting me off. I have in the past used an online service, but already had finance in place.

My dealer told me that DTD would not do the PCP deal they offered, although I now seem to find this is not true.

I managed to get my car spec'd up for about £700 more than the DTD price, BUT, I get to pester a local dealer if there are any problems.

there are people on here who have managed to get better than DTD, but all seem to be getting vrs's

good luck

I have just ordered an L&K. I was goign to go with DTD but my dealer did a good job of putting me off. I have in the past used an online service, but already had finance in place.

My dealer told me that DTD would not do the PCP deal they offered, although I now seem to find this is not true.

I managed to get my car spec'd up for about £700 more than the DTD price, BUT, I get to pester a local dealer if there are any problems.

there are people on here who have managed to get better than DTD, but all seem to be getting vrs's

good luck

Many thanks for the info. Its a vRS I'm after, preferred dealer is Capitol Newport but they need to get near DTD. If anyone has got better then DTD, I'm impressed!

I have ordered a VRS this week.

Been told delivery 20 - 24 weeks, problem seems to be for the dealers, they struggle to price the trade in cars because they dont know how old they will be and how many extra miles covered before they are traded in.

Spec up a few options so its a special build and not a car already in the system.

Hi, am v excited as just ordered my first skoda, the octavia vrs. Been told delivery early July and going on holiday near end July. Are people still experiencing delivery delays???

I ordered mine on 20th Feb (Octavia 2.0 vRS DSG with almost everything added), it was built week 15 and I took delivery this morning...and I love it!!!! It was worth the wait

I ordered mine on 20th Feb (Octavia 2.0 vRS DSG with almost everything added), it was built week 15 and I took delivery this morning...and I love it!!!! It was worth the wait

your lucky Charlie i ordered my petrol vrs on the 19th feb and still haven't got it the dealer told me its in transit on thursday and it should be delivered within 10days hope he is right its been a long 11 weeks wait so far

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I've just ordered a octavia vrs estate 2.0tdi cr today with maxidot and auto mirror.

Dealer couldn't give me a delivery date but I've just found this thread and am now bricking it cos I need the car for a holiday in 15 weeks time! Didn't think about this when I ordered it!

Has anyone ordered recently and has an idea on delivery date? :(

your lucky Charlie i ordered my petrol vrs on the 19th feb and still haven't got it the dealer told me its in transit on thursday and it should be delivered within 10days hope he is right its been a long 11 weeks wait so far

i now have my vrs i picked it up thursday last week it took 13 weeks from order to collection it was well worth the wait its a lot of car for the money

Ordered mine on the 27 of march and i pick it up end of next week :rofl:

We ordered same day, had same build week, so hopefully mine wont be far behind! Ill have to get in touch with the dealer on Monday