I've been a bit silly and need some advice

One of the interior lamps in my luggage area - it's an '99 Octavia Estate - needed changing. I prised out the light and the spring retaining piece broke. Unfortunately it's also one of the bulb holders and in the general collapse of pieces, the two holders touched. There was no spark or obvious short, but they touched so there must have been one. The Interior lights stopped working, so I thought o.k. I'll change the fuse. All fuses appear to be ok.

What Isn't ok, is that as well as all interior lights, I also now have a dead Cigarette Lighter, no Electric Windows (accept the function to open/close all on the key that still works) no Mirror adjustment, Central Locking that locks but doesn't deadlock and no red flashing light on drivers door, no lights on warning beep, and the tailgate is no longer under any central locking control but has to be operated independently. The sunroof still works, as does everything else.

Am I right in thinking that the Convenience Unit is the most likely culprit? I can't think of anything else that could affect so many things at once, and it can't be a fuse problem as these things are on different fuses and they all appear to be intact.

I've been made redundant, so dealer diagnosis is to be avoided if possible. If there is anything that could be done DIY, perhaps sourcing any replacement part Second Hand I'd appreciate the advice.

It's unlikely but you can try resetting the CCM and ECU by disconnecting both battery cables from the terminals, touching the cables together, then reconnecting to the battery.

Control modules have been known to develop faults when shorts occur. Resetting them sometimes works. Think the workshops call it a "terminal 30". Doubt it'll help but no harm in trying

sure it isn't fuse number 14? (mini fuse)

i accidentally touched live/earth together when i was sorting the light wiring for the bulb in the door card and blew that fuse..and i had same symptoms as what you have described above

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/98864-octavia-i-fusebox-layout-and-circuit-list/

Edited by vRShafz

It's unlikely but you can try resetting the CCM and ECU by disconnecting both battery cables from the terminals, touching the cables together, then reconnecting to the battery.

Control modules have been known to develop faults when shorts occur. Resetting them sometimes works. Think the workshops call it a "terminal 30". Doubt it'll help but no harm in trying

leave the battery disconnected over night and they will usualy sort them selves out or doing adaption 00 and save in vagcom

i accidentally touched live/earth together when i was sorting the light wiring for the bulb in the door card and blew that fuse..and i had same symptoms as what you have described above

http://briskoda.net/...d-circuit-list/

Dont forget the fuse diagram both on the back of the fuse cover and in the manual are for LHD vehicles, you need to miiror it for the UK so the fue will be in an apparent different location in the UK fusebox.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/98864-octavia-i-fusebox-layout-and-circuit-list/

Wonderful! It was Fuse 14. Thank you so much.

Wonderful! It was Fuse 14. Thank you so much.

glad it was something like the fuse

solving problems like this can be annoying at times :)

iv got lots of blade fuses but no mini ones so just ordered a tray full of different ones off ebay

glad it was something like the fuse

solving problems like this can be annoying at times :)

iv got lots of blade fuses but no mini ones so just ordered a tray full of different ones off ebay

Hope you didn't pay too much - believe it or not check out Halfords - same thing happened to me and they were the cheapest place by far - 100 assorted mini blade fuses for £6.