No panoramic sunroof

Macdemon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've had a decision finally from White Dove Skoda Garage, and in short, they will just order me a new Yeti, anticipated delivery 6-7 months. As far as honouring the Part-Ex figure for my existing car, they think thats a joke, so I've had my £500 deposit back today. So it seems the Yeti will be more elusive, as I won't be on the road with one!

I have been absolutely livid for the past week, as White Dove have done everything possible to deter from buying a Yeti. Since I ordered the car on the 6th March I have been financially out of pocket, (transferring my number plate on th retention, visits & phone calls) and ended up with no car - whilst White Dove have come out of this smelling of roses - and it was their mistake in the first place.

I suggested two options to them 1) Take my existing car now, I pay the balance and they provide me with a courtesy car until my Yeti arrives. This was declined. 2) I keep my existing car until the Yeti turns up, but they should honour the Part-Ex value on my car when I come to take delivery of the Yeti. This was declined.

All they could suggest was I keep my car until the Yeti turns up and they will re-calculate the Part=Ex value on my car at that time. So I'm the one who has to pay for their mistake. They haven't even considered any form of compensation or gesture of goodwill for their mistake and I think its this cavalier attitude towards me as a customer that's made me so mad. I'm like a nasty wart which they want to get rid of. Well, I've written to Skoda Auto UK., Watchdog at the BBC , X-Ray at the BBC and two gents in the Czech Republic, Jan Tauchman,Head of the Kvasiny Plant and Pavel Radda, Head of Production for Skoda, telling them what I think of their representative in Cardiff - and to quote old Queen Vic "we are not amused"!

Good luck to you all in your Yetis.

Well, I've had a decision finally from White Dove Skoda Garage, and in short, they will just order me a new Yeti, anticipated delivery 6-7 months.

Good luck to you all in your Yetis.

Sorry to hear this Glamorgan! I think you should just buy one of James's four Yetis he has on his forecourt! No sunroof but delivery in 10 days I'd say!

But shocking service I have to say.

That's VERY poor customer services, I would suggest following this through as someone needs sacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dull:

If you go to the wrong dealer, buying a used car can be a bit of a lottery. On the other hand, buying a used Škoda from an approved retailer is quite the opposite. We make sure you know exactly what you’re buying before you buy it – and cover you every which way, in the unlikely event that something goes wrong.

The above is from the Skoda UK website about used cars. They clearly want people to buy used rather than new as the dealer has clearly not demonstrated the same values in dealing with Glamorgan.

Edited by Trevorminor

Now just look at what I noticed in the Audi A1 brochure:

New car delivery

Once we’ve confirmed a delivery date for your car, we’ll keep you informed of progress. Subject to reasonable notice, we’ll then deliver it to a place of your choice, whether that’s your home or place of work. In the unlikely event of a delay, we’ll provide a courtesy car to minimise inconvenience and keep you mobile.

<P dir=ltr>Skoda can certainly take a leaf out of their VAG brother's book here.

The SM is LEAGUES better than the A1 emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Apart from when you get to the Customer Services part of it...

Come this year's AutoExpress Drivers' Power Survey believe me Skoda won't get a high vote from me. They don't deserve that high dealer position in that ranking in the least in my book.

Did you know that if in the next budget VAT is increased and your car hasn't arrived yet - you will have to pay the increase in VAT on the whole invoice value. I rang the Inland Revenue to check and they said that the only way to get around this is to either pay for the whole invoice upfront before your car is delivered or get the garage to raise an invoice dated before the VAT increase which will then be payable on delivery of the car.

The order form is not an invoice so if you don't get an invoice before any possible VAT increase then you'll be paying more for your car. This could be about £500 on a £22k Yeti! Be warned.

I guess the only possible good news is that it might be some time before they could set a new date for a VAT increase?? This would be for the shops etc. to set the new rate up on their systems.

If this was likely the case then maybe those who will be getting delivery in the next couple of months maybe OK but after that then the new rate would apply?

I guess that most figure it to be 20% as the most likley figure. :'(

I guess the only possible good news is that it might be some time before they could set a new date for a VAT increase?? This would be for the shops etc. to set the new rate up on their systems.

If this was likely the case then maybe those who will be getting delivery in the next couple of months maybe OK but after that then the new rate would apply?

I guess that most figure it to be 20% as the most likley figure. :'(

Sorry Ernieb but most Vat increases are announced to apply from 18:00 hrs on the day the increase is announced. It has generally been like that from beyond living memory for all types of indirect taxation.

The last increase (from 15% to 17.5%), which was known in advance, was the exception due to the temporary nature of the reduction to 15%.

tom

Point taken that does make sense - it's just a news comment some weeks ago that suggested they might announce the rise and leave a couple of months so as to stimulate a little spending and some 'growth' in the numbers??

ernieb

I thought the sunroof was great until it rained.

Picked up the Muscovado 140 about a month ago....in the dry.

It has been a dry old Spring..but...it rained last night and both rear footwells have about an inch of water in them. Rain was running in behind the rear window inrterior trims and down over the leather seats and into the foot wells.

Not to happy with the Skoda response either. I had suspected a leak after a shower a few weeks ago and booked it into the local dealers for a check over. I was told there was no leak to be found! I returned the car this morning complete with puddles and was told I would need to hand it over for a week to have the entire interior stripped out. I also noticed the car has a new dent on the roof line so have no confidence in the dealership.

The only place the rain could be coming in is trough the sun roof..unless I am mistaken. Has any one else had this problem?

I am soooo dissapointed.

I thought the sunroof was great until it rained.

Picked up the Muscovado 140 about a month ago....in the dry.

It has been a dry old Spring..but...it rained last night and both rear footwells have about an inch of water in them. Rain was running in behind the rear window inrterior trims and down over the leather seats and into the foot wells.

Not to happy with the Skoda response either. I had suspected a leak after a shower a few weeks ago and booked it into the local dealers for a check over. I was told there was no leak to be found! I returned the car this morning complete with puddles and was told I would need to hand it over for a week to have the entire interior stripped out. I also noticed the car has a new dent on the roof line so have no confidence in the dealership.

The only place the rain could be coming in is trough the sun roof..unless I am mistaken. Has any one else had this problem?

I am soooo dissapointed.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I live in Bergen, Norway. Have had my Yeti with sunroof since november and no problem with leaks.

Plenty of rain/snow/ice during this months and she's standing uncovered every single day.

This is what wikipedia says about rainfall in Bergen: "Bergen experiences plentiful rainfall, with annual precipitation measuring 2,250 mm (89 in) on average"

Mine has been under a good few inches of snow, rain, hail et al and so far no leaks at all.

Well, that was until this evening when, with the sun roof open I washed the rear screen - and got wet. Note to self, don't wash the rear screen when driving at slow speeds with the sun roof open.... emoticon-0124-worried.gif

Mine has been under a good few inches of snow, rain, hail et al and so far no leaks at all.

Well, that was until this evening when, with the sun roof open I washed the rear screen - and got wet. Note to self, don't wash the rear screen when driving at slow speeds with the sun roof open.... emoticon-0124-worried.gif

tsk tsk :rofl:

suprised to see you car ever needs a clean as it always appears gleaming in your pics lol