What was your first car?

cmcm789

Well I spent 3 years driving round named on another car, so technically my first car would be my Fabia, but given how much I drove / looked after the other two I guess they should count. So yeah, first one was a 1.0 Vauxhall Agila in Arden Blue :rock: Following on from that was a VW Polo which my mum still runs without fault

R reg citroen saxo vtr.

Pile of 5hit spent more time in a garage then it did on the road

I can vouch for that. Had friends with them who became incredibly useful with a spanner whilst owning them. Hateful little cars... they may be chuckable, but it's basically a tin of beans on wheels.

My first car was a 1.1 206... I loved it! Got me into car forums, and I still see friends from the forum over 5 years after I left there. Made it look very pretty and went on a misguided search for power...

Theoretically, the first car I've outright owned (without either the bank or parents' financial input) is the one I have now- my BMW. Not bad for a first car. We also share birthdays. :)

My first car was a 1978 Triumph Dolomite 1500 HL, great car while i had it and loved the overdrive gearbox. Unfortunately i ended up putting it sideways into the back of a Ford Cortina. The good news one less Ford on the road, the bad news i lost my car.

In 1971.

A ten-year-old, Mk1 Hillman Imp.

Yes, I know....

Well, it's better than having to confess to an M*n*.

Hey! they are both great wee cars, I know I've had both. A '59 push button start (in the floor) Mini and a Sunbeam Stiletto (posh Imp, coupe styling) Stiletto went through engines like a dog eating cakes (divers boot on right foot might have helped) but, was a lot of fun. Mini just rusted away.

Hey! they are both great wee cars, I know I've had both. A '59 push button start (in the floor) Mini and a Sunbeam Stiletto (posh Imp, coupe styling) Stiletto went through engines like a dog eating cakes (divers boot on right foot might have helped) but, was a lot of fun. Mini just rusted away.

Ok, I've never owned either, but my driving instructor had both. The only thing the M*n* was better at was reversing round corners, because it had no rear overhang.

Ok, I've never owned either, but my driving instructor had both. The only thing the M*n* was better at was reversing round corners, because it had no rear overhang.

Go kart handling, great for J-Turns, handbrake turns, tilt the front seats forward and you had the roomiest passion wagon I've ever owned and they are even more modifiable than the Fabia. I intend to have another before I die. Great wee cars! :rock::rofl: :rofl:

Go kart handling, great for J-Turns, handbrake turns, tilt the front seats forward and you had the roomiest passion wagon I've ever owned and they are even more modifiable than the Fabia. I intend to have another before I die. Great wee cars! :rock::rofl: :rofl:

M*n* was uncomfortable, noisy, had the most c@rp driving position I've ever encountered (Not even a Metro or Maxi were as bad), oh and one of my uncles, 2 of my second cousins, and at least 4 former workmates worked at Linwood at some time or another. For completeness. my Godmother's first husband worked at Solihull and one of the shop stewards there nearly crippled him by kicking a ladder out from underneath him.