BT AUDIO ON BOLERO

redcar_reds

I have recently seen on a post someone saying they can play their iphone's music library through the Bluetooth Audio input to their Bolero radio. I've set up the BT Audio option but am unable to get the Bolero unit to play the music. Has anyone have the solution please.

I have recently seen on a post someone saying they can play their iphone's music library through the Bluetooth Audio input to their Bolero radio. I've set up the BT Audio option but am unable to get the Bolero unit to play the music. Has anyone have the solution please.

See this thread

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/165262-bolero-bluetooth-audio-enable/

It was lucky me who got it to work.

All I did was pair my iPhone to the car (took two tries, and then worked perfectly).

When I get in the car now, I switch the phone BT on first THEN start the car. Sometimes it sees it immediately, sometimes I have to use the MFD two or three times selecting the option to pair to the iPhone (it may be my impatience, it may happen in time if I leave it alone).

Then I select the iPod app on the iPhone, and select Media on the radio control. As soon as I press play on the iPhone handset the BT Audio button goes from grey to black and it will then play.

This may sound complex - it is not!

Step 1 - pair iPod / iPhone to car (once only)

Step 2 - link them when you get in or want to play

Step 3 - play media on iPhone and feed through the car.

Sound quality is at least as good as FM radio in my opinion.

What do you mean by 'BT'??

BT - Bluetooth

OOOO, thanks Colin. I was thinking it was something to do with British Telecom. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I can't get it to work. My iPhone is paired to Bolero. What am i doing wrong- is there anything else you need to do to make it work?

What software versions are you both using on your iPhones, which models are they. That's the first things I would check.

Stewart

What software versions are you both using on your iPhones, which models are they. That's the first things I would check.

Stewart

I've just loaded OS 4.0 on my 3G. Am getting an iPhone 4 this week though. Do you think the OS is the problem?

Thanks for the reply

I've just loaded OS 4.0 on my 3G. Am getting an iPhone 4 this week though. Do you think the OS is the problem?

Thanks for the reply

You'll LOVE the iPhone 4, its a smart bit of kit.

Got mine Thursday afternoon and am LONGING to pair it with my SM :D

I listened to a CNET podcast last night where this was discussed. A quick Google search will show you that it's a widespread problem, so don't take it personally ;). iPhone users cannot get A2DP (bluetooth audio streaming) working. Some people seem to have figured it out, but most do not. The problem is not specifically related to the Bolero audio; it's much more widespread. Consensus view is that it will need a software fix from Apple.

Curiously, that same podcast reported people having no such problems with pairing their iPod Touch devices for bluetooth audio streaming.

You'll LOVE the iPhone 4, its a smart bit of kit.

Is it true the rumor about the poor reception sensitivity due the left hand which make a "shortcircuit" between the wifi antenna and the phone one?

It seems there is even an official communication by Steve Jobs about that...

I listened to a CNET podcast last night where this was discussed. A quick Google search will show you that it's a widespread problem, so don't take it personally ;). iPhone users cannot get A2DP (bluetooth audio streaming) working. Some people seem to have figured it out, but most do not. The problem is not specifically related to the Bolero audio; it's much more widespread. Consensus view is that it will need a software fix from Apple.

Curiously, that same podcast reported people having no such problems with pairing their iPod Touch devices for bluetooth audio streaming.

I'll stick with the £30 Samsung and an SD card for the music then B)

I'll stick with the £30 Samsung and an SD card for the music then B)

Agreed my SDHC card is spec'd so that it can be run over by a car and kept under salt water for 24 hours - try that with an iphone :rofl:

ernieb

• 2 weeks later...

Right- have my iPhone 4 (lovely piece of kit!), but I still can't get the Bluetooth audio to work. Has anyone else had any success??

Got the iPhone 4 but not my SM yet, so I can't answer.............................OOOOO, I just did :giggle:

it needs a software fix from apple, it may also depend on the version of the bluetooth module fitted to the car since early versions do not support audio streaming. For example my Superb does not support audio streaming even though the option is in the columbus menu.

it needs a software fix from apple, it may also depend on the version of the bluetooth module fitted to the car since early versions do not support audio streaming. For example my Superb does not support audio streaming even though the option is in the columbus menu.

So for me, and others who have not received their SMs' yet, it might work??