Candy White VRS - Black Wheels or not ?

I've just taken the plunge and ordered a new DSG VRS in Candy White to replace my current Blue 08 VRS. (Decided to change early to dodge the 20% VAT :) )

Im torn between whether or not to have the wheels re done in either a balck or possibly graphite/anthracite colour and was wondering if any fellow Candy White owners have taken the plunge and had the wheels re finished and possibly have some pictures they could post so i could see what im looking at so to speak.

Also if anyone has had the wheels re done how much did you pay ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO IT!

Definitely :thumbup:

Check if the dealer can arrange something before delivery - I know Horton's in Lincoln have, but don't know the price

Go White Wheels!

As long as there is enough black trim to complement it of course (mud flaps, rubbing strips, etc),

I think it looks the mutts nuts! Saw a Range Rover Sport like it the other day, looked amazing!

Go White Wheels!

As long as there is enough black trim to complement it of course (mud flaps, rubbing strips, etc),

I think it looks the mutts nuts! Saw a Range Rover Sport like it the other day, looked amazing!

that will look nice :thumbup:

Not so sure on the White Wheels option im over 30 now so think im too old for that kind of business :)

I think the Lean FR's and Cupras look great in white with black wheels but not seen any Octavia size cars with em done.

Was considering running it on the silver wheels through its first winter as im not collecting it until october and then having em done when the salt has cleared off again. Got some old 16's I can stick on it while its on the drive way so no need to leave it on bricks while they r done :) .

Looking for someone to maybe do em in the chesterfield derbyshire area if anyone has any recommendations.

Not so sure on the White Wheels option im over 30 now so think im too old for that kind of business :)

Over 30 and too old for that business? :giggle:

Lets be honest, how old do you have to be before you can afford to insure a Range Rover Sport on a 10 plate, let alone buy it in the first place and customise it a bit?

Only as old as you feel :rofl:

You can beg as much as you like<Brimma> it still looks like it is on bricks, proper Halfords special :giggle:

Edited by bluvrs2

You can beg as much as you like<Brimma> it still looks like it is on bricks, proper Halfords special :giggle:

I'll get Craig onto you if you're not careful :p

White needs something a bit different to make it interesting !

And when are you going to get some nice wheels on yours ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You could have Porsche wheels on it it doesn't make it a Porsche , the wheels are common not the combination, and yours would look better if you could source some Skoda centre caps :thumbup:

Any colour goes with black alloys really, white with black alloys? go for it.

I know there is a lot of 'old hat' comments, but the way I see it, since I have been driving mine I have not seen 1 Octy 2, apart from on here of course, with different alloys than standard apart from a Grey LE that had plain Zeniths anyway. So yes, on here it may be old hat, but in the normal world it would still be quite unique.

Im hankering for a bit of black on black myself.

Edited by Rhoobarb

You could have Porsche wheels on it it doesn't make it a Porsche

I don't ever remember saying it made it an Audi

the wheels are common not the combination

I've not actually seen another Audi with them yet, let alone an Octavia

and yours would look better if you could source some Skoda centre caps :thumbup:

I actually think that centre caps with Skoda "stickers" on would look naff, bearing in mind you can't get proper Skoda centre caps which fit

You may think yours are "unique", but at the end of the day they are coloured Zeniths - end of........

......but if you want to keep trying to convince yourself they are "special"........ :rofl: :rofl:

Cant say Ive seen many ambulances with black alloys :giggle:

The Octavia ambulances we have just have normal silvery grey, so wouldnt that make a normal white estate look like an ambulance?

EDIT:

hmmm

P1160969.jpg

I cant see the resemblance, shame I think it would look nice with black 'uns

Edited by Rhoobarb

Do it!

Mine are graphite, with matching mirror caps too. I think it looks great, and better than being completely black IMO.

Will post some pics tomorrow when I'm back on the other pc...