Bluetooth by Shark Performance

Ive had a factory fit bluetooth kit fitted today, and I can not praise Ben at Shark Performance enough. I spoke to Ben a couple of weeks ago, and he talked me through all the kit options available.

I dropped the car off this morning, and he called me a couple of hours later to say it was all done, and ready to be picked up. When I arrived, he literally had a que out the door he was that busy, but he still acknowledged me and soon got to me.

Ben talked me through the kit, and how to use it. He even told me he had fixed the touch screen on the headunit, as it wasnt working as it should be, even though I didnt know! He also said that the buzzing sound coming from the screen, wasnt right, even though the dealer had told me it was fine. So thanks Ben, looks like Ive got another arguement with the dealer coming!

Overall, great kit, excellent service and top bloke! :thumbup:

Ive had a factory fit bluetooth kit fitted today, and I can not praise Ben at Shark Performance enough. I spoke to Ben a couple of weeks ago, and he talked me through all the kit options available.

I dropped the car off this morning, and he called me a couple of hours later to say it was all done, and ready to be picked up. When I arrived, he literally had a que out the door he was that busy, but he still acknowledged me and soon got to me.

Ben talked me through the kit, and how to use it. He even told me he had fixed the touch screen on the headunit, as it wasnt working as it should be, even though I didnt know! He also said that the buzzing sound coming from the screen, wasnt right, even though the dealer had told me it was fine. So thanks Ben, looks like Ive got another arguement with the dealer coming!

Overall, great kit, excellent service and top bloke! :thumbup:

Yep, he sure was busy today,

I dropped in unannounced for a chat & he found time to re-map the car & took me out for a fairly long test drive.

Needless to say, the map did not get removed, it works very well. :thumbup:

in that case, me and "Sarge" met you both I think :-)

t'was a good day out :)

I'm intrested in the Bluetooth install. I just couldn't justify £495 for the OEM on my order. Which option is best? I have looked at the shark performance website stating a Parrott 3100 install. Is the Parrot a good system? What other Bluetooth options for my car are there? Also I have chosen an iPod connector for my vRS am I better taking that off and getting a Dension(sp) kit fitted and if so would this work with both my iPhone and my Nokia work phone for Bluetooth?

My car order currently

race blue vRS CR DSG

rear parking sensors

spare wheel

iPod MDI & connector

Edited by Moley RUFC

The website does mention the Parrot CK3100 as an option but that's not the only kit we do :)

The best system by far is the original kit, which we fit for £350 supplied and fitted. The kit we fit will work fine with both your phones.

The website does mention the Parrot CK3100 as an option but that's not the only kit we do :)

The best system by far is the original kit, which we fit for £350 supplied and fitted. The kit we fit will work fine with both your phones.

sounds good. Would that enable my iPod to work too? How's the CR DSG remap coming along?

Edited by Moley RUFC

sounds good. Would that enable my iPod to work too? How's the CR DSG remap coming along?

No unfortunately not, the factory fitted Bluetooth gives you hands free calling capability, playing music from the iPod would require the MDI kit to be fitted.

As for the remap, if you mean remapping a CR engined car with DSG then no problem, but we aren't offering software upgrades for the actual DSG box itself.

The most cost effective way would probably be a Parrot kit such as the MK9200i, but they are absolutely not a patch on the proper integrated kits.

The most cost effective way would probably be a Parrot kit such as the MK9200i, but they are absolutely not a patch on the proper integrated kits.

best option then is the OEM iPod connector with a retro fitted OEM Bluetooth unit with you guys then

Can anyone tell me if the factory kit will connect to two phones without having to manually change from one to the other?

ie if your on one phone and someone calls the other can you hang up and answer the 2nd phone?

Is there any kit available which will do this?

Not that I'm aware of. There's a few earpieces that do, but I just forward work's phone to mine for incoming calls when in the car emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

• 11 months later...