Auto close/open windows

Is there just the one connector down there or is there a few to choose from?

On the Mk.1 vRS there is only 1 connector to the drivers seat, this is the belt alarm.

When you sit on the seat, the circuit is closed, and the bong goes bong.

It's just a simple electrical circuit, Unplugging has no other effect.

On models with side airbags, there is also a command wire, which, if memory serves, has a different type of plug.

Back on the orginal thread topic -

does the Octy 1 have those sensor to stop the electric windows stopping if there's an obstacle (child finger/dogs head/etc) in the way ?

If it does, does it still work with the remote window mod ?

Edited by snow_muncher

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have thought that would be the case... However, my old Mk3 Golf windows would go back down if I got something in the way whilst putting the windows up from the buttons on the drivers door. But if I was locking the car and kept the key turned to close them, they'd go up whatever I put in the way ( so far as I could tell, didn't risk too much).

Make of that what you will...

All four windows will go back down if there is an obstruction, things i do when i'm bored!! lol.

On some cars if you unplug the wire from the seat it stops the airbag from working, vcds pro can stop the bonging if i've read correctly. (I thought it was the service reminder so reset that lol)

wont work on my mk1 05 plate octy vrs even though i sucessfully installed it :(

[Yiiipppeeee got it working on my 05 mk1 octy vrs....nice bit of software :)

Edited by raptornexus

DBP - I also had some issues yesterday getting the windows to go back up and have realised its the battery in the key fob. I knew the battery was on its way out as I've had to get a lot closer to the car recently to lock/unlock but holding the buttons down to open and close the windows as well really kills the battery. Replaced it today and all back to what it should be :thumbup:

Anyone got it working on a Ross-Tech lead yet ???

I think the issue with a Ross-Tech lead is it uses an actual USB connection rather than a USB>Serial connection.

So your computer sees a Ross-Tech lead as being port "USB" and VCDS sees it as being port "USB" but Motordiag can't see it because it needs to be a COM port for it to be able to see it.

I think that's the case anyway... if you plug your Ross-Tech lead in what does it come up as in the Ports bit of device manager? Does it have "COM1", "COM3" etc next to it or "USB"?

Off the top of my head something Rosstech USB and HEX do dah lol

I couldn't see any option for timings, only had a quick glance though.

Thinking of trying spare laptop with no rosstech software on and finding a usb to serial driver for it.

Doubt it will work though lol

Wow, that was simple!

Cheers for all the guides and posts. I did mine this evening and worked first time. Was going to fork out for one of those KVW100 modules, glad I didn't! :)

Hello all,

I was going to have a crack at this and was about to order a cable when i noticed on the Cupra forum page it mentioned it needed a "KKL" OBDII cable. Is the KKL an important factor when ordering a cable from eBay?

Cheers

I think KKL is just what it says on the label on the cable.

If you have a look on the pic on ebay it should be a blue cable and it says VAG-KKL on the label.

I ordered the one from Bertees link on p2 of the thread

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/166699-auto-closeopen-windows/page__view__findpost__p__2032401

:thumbup:

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

Right .............

I bought a cable, but all I'm getting is device unrecognised

Tried every trick in the book to install it and zilch.

I think it's a bad cable tbh.

Anyone had the same issue ????