Auto close/open windows tutorial.

This is a great guide!

I'm having one problem that someone maybe able to help with, At no point of following the instructions does Win7 ask to install drivers.

It installs them all automaticly, and i cant get any of the programs to detect the cable.

Any help please?

Does the cable appear in device manager? If so try uninstalling the drivers that Win7 installs, then install the downloadable ones.

I had the same problem when I tried to do it on Windows Vista so did it on XP in the end which didn't seem to try and install its own drivers automatically for me.

Hi, the link to the software download no longer seem to be working, could you email me a copy of the file, if I PM you my email address?

Hi,

I have all the files on my computer at work so can email them to you tomorrow if it helps?

Ant

Depends on the cable. If it's an ebay one it should be fine.

I did a lot of screwing around with my ebay cable trying to get this to work with another program and when I tried this it worked straight away.

• 7 months later...

Cheers for this guys. I have just loaded on the software, read your instructions and popped out and added open/close onto my MK1 Octy vRS. Whole thing took less than 5 minutes.

I used the same PORT as I use for VAG-COM (Port 2) and everything was a ok.

Looks like version 2 of the program might be coming out soon! We need a CZ translator! Version 1,20 has option of English, but you cannot select it :(

• 2 months later...

@ANT. (your mail inbox is full apparently) i have the lite version installed but doesnt state fabia vrs as compatible, i know the full version does, do you have access to the full 2.0 version? or is it possible just to use the lite?

if you have full version could you kindly email the files to [email protected]

much apprecited

• 1 month later...

I need some convincing this mod is a good idea...... :'(

I have now been caught twice with windows not fully closed, Once overnight outside my house and the other in Asda car park when drivers side was fully open and the heavens opened up whilst i was weekly shopping. needless to say a wet drive home.

Ok so i should remember to close, :giggle: but as you have to hold the remote until they are fully closed it would be much better to just press once and they just automatically close. Even the front don't auto close, so it is quicker to just use auto window button and be sure that are closed.

If the remote worked further away then you can close as walking off but a little risky, so i find i am now checking which takes longer then sitting in the car and doing it yourself.

Is it just me.........

Plus point is if going to car and it is hot then ok you can cool car down quicker before you get in...

come on guys convince me it was a good idea....

Mark.

I still find this useful to put them down just off the key in the drivers lock, not off the fob. My dad ended up with his windows fully down in the snow in the middle of last winter as he has a Mk2 and they do this without being preset! :thumbdown:

Not in vcds no.

People with a Fabia etc can do it with vds pro and a serial cable. It's a dos based program and directly re-writes some values in the ccm.

Just done mine if anyone interested in me doing it for them too. Got all the coding for the different ccm's to hand too.

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

not quite the answer i was hoping for... has anyone tried this on a ross-tech clone and was afterwards still able to run vcds without problems ?

Yes, although I have a legit ross tech cable, I had to buy a clone to get this done as the rosstech cable won't run this software.

Yes, although I have a legit ross tech cable, I had to buy a clone to get this done as the rosstech cable won't run this software.

problem is, the clones have their licenses easily modifiable via the software that controls them. i.e. via installing versions of the software (incl. drivers) that are to "up to date" for the interface (seen this happen to a friend of mine...). have you been able to run vcds after the mod on the clone ? (of course it would only be possible if it ran before the mod) i'm asking cause i wouldn't want to invest money in the recoding of the interface if it fails...

thanks for the reply

the clones (as long as they're more than just OBD cables) have mock-licences coded into one of the chips of the interface so they can work (fully) with VCDS (newer versions i mean). to make the cables portable (for newer versions), the chip that stores this licenses is not read-only, so it can be re-written. this makes the clone cables vulnerable to unfitting software and/or drivers.

i'll give the mod a shot tomorrow

Edited by za_killer