Coming Home Lights / Leaving Home Lights

HotRod

Had the Octy 2010 Estate nearly a week and already got the Cornering Fogs and DRL's enabled.. I have also enabled CHL / LHL - and both appear in the maxidot and are ticked.

How do I use these? I know my previous car had the option and, with the ignition off you pulled the High Beam stalk and the lights stayed on for 30 seconds.. How do I use these on the Octavia Elegance?

I thought it was linked to the remote key?

You leave the light switch in the on position.

When you then get out the car and lock it the lights stay on for however long you set it for in the maxidot.

When you unlock the car they come on and stay on for the set period of time or until you start the ignition.

You don't have to leave the light switch in the on position during the day if you have DRL the lights wont stay on when you lock but they will come on when you unlock no matter what position the switch is in

How do I use these? I know my previous car had the option and, with the ignition off you pulled the High Beam stalk and the lights stayed on for 30 seconds.. How do I use these on the Octavia Elegance?

did you previously have a vauxhall by any chance? i discovered our Astra does this by accident!

did you previously have a vauxhall by any chance? i discovered our Astra does this by accident!

No - Renault Laguna... Maybe I should have said "Reliant Robin" - Probably less embarassing :giggle:

I don't have a delay length in the MaxiDot - I have Enabled / Disabled.. Have I not set something properly on VCDS?

also - no lights come on (even with the headlights / sidelights on).. As soon as I remove the key from the ignition, the lights go out.

When I then lock and unlock the car I still don't have any lights come on - I thought this was because it was linked to some light sensor and figured i didn't need them. they would be ideal when it's dark for opening and closing the driveway gates

You need to check in VCDS

There is an option that says something like "coming home leaving home lights mode via personalisation or Light sensor" make sure its on personalisation

I have CH/LH on my vRS and I don't have light sensor and it all works as I described earlier.

I had the chl lhl enabled on mind and I have the options now in maxidot and a delay period that I can set however they dont stay on or come on when the car is locked or unlocked as mentioned above as soon as I remove the key off they go.

I had the chl lhl enabled on mind and I have the options now in maxidot and a delay period that I can set however they dont stay on or come on when the car is locked or unlocked as mentioned above as soon as I remove the key off they go.

You need to leave the headlights in the on position and check VCDS to ensure that the mode is via personalisation not light sensor

Lights are left in on position and ben at shark enabled it maybe he missed the personalisation mode. Where is the best place to get a VCDS I need a few bits doing so might as well get one.

Here

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCMC.html

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.html

or

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VCuCAN&Category_Code=VAGCOM

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VCHUC&Category_Code=VAGCOM

The micro-can lead will only work with New Octavia's, Golf's etc whereas the Hex-Can will work with nearly all VAG cars since 1990.

With the Ross-Tech links you will get charged Import tax by customs most of the time. You may get lucky and it get through though

If you fancy a day trip to Folkestone i can check it for you and enable anything else you want :thumbup:

Edited by vRSCarl

You need to leave the headlights in the on position and check VCDS to ensure that the mode is via personalisation not light sensor

Personalisation is obviously time set, but how does light sensor determine the time it should stay on.

Obviously it uses the light sensor, but is that just to work out if to come on, or does it cover the time it comes on for too?

No the light sensor is for when you have Auto Headlights.

If you have Auto Lights then they only Come on when you unlock if it is dark (or mega bright sunlight). Whereas on a car without the light sensor the lights come on wether it's dark or not when you unlock.

The time is still set within maxidot for either mode.

No the light sensor is for when you have Auto Headlights.

If you have Auto Lights then they only Come on when you unlock if it is dark (or mega bright sunlight). Whereas on a car without the light sensor the lights come on wether it's dark or not when you unlock.

The time is still set within maxidot for either mode.

But I have the light sensor, but not auto lights, so I assume I can use that to only have them come on while dark.

However can I set the time or is it fixed at 1 minute or whatever it is?

Reason I ask, is last time I tried this the car ignored the time I set it to.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

You sure you have Light Sensor? I thought that only came with Auto Lights (also known Tunnel Lights) as thats what it uses to turn them on/off it isn't used for anything else :S

Anyway you would be better off setting it to Personalisation as i don't think it will work off the sensor if you don't have auto lights.

Wether you have auto lights or not you can set the time via maxidot for anything from 10 secs up to 90 secs iirc.

If you don't have Maxidot then i think you can set the time via VCDS but never paid much attention to it that way with having maxidot

Edited by vRSCarl

You sure you have Light Sensor? I thought that only came with Auto Lights (also known Tunnel Lights) as thats what it uses to turn them on/off it isn't used for anything else :S

Anyway you would be better off setting it to Personalisation as i don't think it will work off the sensor if you don't have auto lights.

Wether you have auto lights or not you can set the time via maxidot for anything from 10 secs up to 90 secs iirc.

If you don't have Maxidot then i think you can set the time via VCDS but never paid much attention to it that way with having maxidot

Yeah the light sensor is built into the same unit as the rain sensor, it just might not be wired up to the light swtich.

Think I might have to have a play with this at some point in the future.

I don't have maxidot, so it's always been via VCDS.

Yeah the light sensor is built into the same unit as the rain sensor, it just might not be wired up to the light swtich.

Think I might have to have a play with this at some point in the future.

I don't have maxidot, so it's always been via VCDS.

If you have the sensor then I'm pretty certain you could get the Auto Light switch and retro fit it. I'm sure someone has done that on here before.

Thinking back I'm sure when you look at the option for personalisation it also ask you for the delay. Can't remember if it was in seconds or some decimal format on VCDS though without looking again.

If you have the sensor then I'm pretty certain you could get the Auto Light switch and retro fit it. I'm sure someone has done that on here before.

Thinking back I'm sure when you look at the option for personalisation it also ask you for the delay. Can't remember if it was in seconds or some decimal format on VCDS though without looking again.

I'll have a play when I am not so tied to the car and report back :)

I will be disabling this function having used it for a few weeks.

Not really necessary for urban driving, comes on with slightest wheel turn and slow to switch off.

And it looks really stupid on other cars !

I will be disabling this function having used it for a few weeks.

Not really necessary for urban driving, comes on with slightest wheel turn and slow to switch off.

And it looks really stupid on other cars !

I think you are referring to Cornering Lights there.

Does anyone have the link for this, I've looked but can't find it, I remember there being a lot of detail but it was probably a year or so ago. I'm thinking about having a go, must have too much time on my hands :)

Does anyone have the link for this, I've looked but can't find it, I remember there being a lot of detail but it was probably a year or so ago. I'm thinking about having a go, must have too much time on my hands :)

I did this a while ago, quite easy really.

First things first, remove the light switch. To do this have the switch in the off position, push the switch in and turn it to the right and it will pull out.

Now check the wiring to the switch, if there is a purple wire then it's just a simple job of changing the switch, part No. 1Z0 941 431 A 3X1 (number taken from switch box)

If there is not a purple wire there then you will need 2 repair wires Part No. 000979009 (number taken from invoice).

Connect one wire to the switch connector terminal No.2 IIRC its the only empty connection, connect the other wire to terminal 14 on the electrical system control unit

located under the dash just above the pedals and marked with an E. Trim the two wires to lenght and join them together.

Hope this helps

Chris.

Edit just found the thread linky

Edited by chriskite

I activate the cornering with vag-com, but it not appear the option in maxidot to put cornering on or off, it´s possible ?, or just the skoda resealer can do that?