My Octy vs Focus ST

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-60 would be way faster than 8sec.

his 0-60 is just above 4 seconds with slips to prove it from santa pod mate. that thing without nitrous destroys impreza's. iirc he is only running a 50Hp shot of nitrous

Edited by vRSy

his 0-60 is just above 4 seconds with slips to prove it from santa pod mate. that thing without nitrous destroys impreza's. iirc he is only running a 50Hp shot of nitrous

There are lots of Subaru’s in the uk that would destroy that car. Scoobynet is a wash with cars well over 500bhp – 600bhp without nitrous . its a golf mate Heavy and shaped like a brick B)

That makes more sense, impressive figures is that FWD ? it must be a dog to drive with that power ?

mate i have driven 4 350Hp+ k04 cupras/vRS's and golfs now, and they are easy to drive fast. If anything easier to drive than my friends Impreza WR1.

the WR1 has some horrendous lag, and was difficult to drive slow with his clutch, which he's uprated because it was eating through his std clutches. the delivery on the k04 is so smooth and progressive its unreal. i highly reccomend you try one. not many turbo cars with 350hp+ wil pull hard from as low as 2500rpm.

if you want an idea how k04 cars compare on a 1/4 mile check out the times in this thread. all bar 2 are on standard turbo's with only exhaust, fuel pump, intake and remap.

TFSI 1/4 mile leaderboard

hurdys car is without nitrous in that one as well

There are lots of Subaru’s in the uk that would destroy that car. Scoobynet is a wash with cars well over 500bhp – 600bhp without nitrous . its a golf mate Heavy and shaped like a brick B)

but they are on big turbo conversions with uprated internals. this one is on standard internals, and standard turbo.

The VAG K04 TFSI doesnt require any engine upgrades until about 400hp/400Ibft.

ive been in my mates WR1 (which is custom tuned to 335hp) and with the exception standing starts, was annihalated by my other friends stage 2 leon cupra(330Hp).

on a side note im a huge impreza fan and it is on my list of potential replacements for my vRS. im now car less and on the look out. the only offput is that from the research ive done, most of the imprezas require internals upgrading once reaching the 300Hp region. so im leaning towards the Evo at the minute. 4wd has huge appeal for all weather performance

Edited by vRSy

mate i have driven 4 350Hp+ k04 cupras/vRS's and golfs now, and they are easy to drive fast. If anything easier to drive than my friends Impreza WR1.

the WR1 has some horrendous lag, and was difficult to drive slow with his clutch, which he's uprated because it was eating through his std clutches. the delivery on the k04 is so smooth and progressive its unreal. i highly reccomend you try one. not many turbo cars with 350hp+ wil pull hard from as low as 2500rpm.

if you want an idea how k04 cars compare on a 1/4 mile check out the times in this thread. all bar 2 are on standard turbo's with only exhaust, fuel pump, intake and remap.

TFSI 1/4 mile leaderboard

hurdys car is without nitrous in that one as well

Those are pretty poor times TBH, I could build a valver corsa with a 100 shot of nitrous for about 2k that would be quicker.

but they are on big turbo conversions with uprated internals. this one is on standard internals, and standard turbo.

The VAG K04 TFSI doesnt require any engine upgrades until about 400hp/400Ibft.

ive been in my mates WR1 (which is custom tuned to 335hp) and with the exception standing starts, was annihalated by my other friends stage 2 leon cupra(330Hp).

on a side note im a huge impreza fan and it is on my list of potential replacements for my vRS. im now car less and on the look out. the only offput is that from the research ive done, most of the imprezas require internals upgrading once reaching the 300Hp region. so im leaning towards the Evo at the minute. 4wd has huge appeal for all weather performance

standard internals, and standard turbo thats mega, why do they make the lumps so stong ?

newage sti can take around 400 before internals need looking at but there ara a fair few that have gone bang. my engine is a wrx 2.5 and is only safe up to 350 ish so i went the way of a full RCM build 2.35 new gearbox etc soon turns into a money pit.

Lag is just foreplay :thumbup: Interesting stuff guys thanks

Those are pretty poor times TBH, I could build a valver corsa with a 100 shot of nitrous for about 2k that would be quicker.

behave they are hardly poor, all on std internals, FWD, std turbo, no NOS and proper interiors.

Jap cars weigh less because they have shocking interiors. and paper fin bodywork.

my mate is a regular at the pod with his WR1and only manages a best of 13 seconds with much lower terminals. thats mapped with full 3" decat exhaust and uprated clutch and lightened flywheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ6lxQsWoBE,

it corners like a fly though.

if you want mega power from a VAG you need to see the 2.5 TFSI in the new TTRS, remap alone will give you 400Hp. stage 2 remap and exhaust will see it doing low 11 sec 1/4 with 0-60 of just over 3 seconds. internals good for 500hp+

the good news is the new S3 is likely to be getting this engine :o tobad it'd be out of my price range,

finding myself looking at VX220 turbo's, now one of these remapped would pretty insane on a track

Edited by vRSy

A 500bhp Impreza wouldn't be putting much more to the wheels than mine on nitrous at a conservative 400+whp now it is on 100 bhp nozzles (although Trevor at WON tell me it will be more like 120-130bhp!). I have no doubt that a tuned Impreza is faster than an Octy or an ED30 from a standing start, after 30 mph ......who knows? Have you seen how heavy the new shape Impreza's are? :S 1500+kg's!

Hey all,

Interesting conversation in the office - one of the lads has a standard 08 plate Focus ST and still seems to think that he will beat my Sharked Octy in a race!

I have absolutely rinsed one through 2nd and 3rd gear not only last week!

Anyone had similar experiences they would care to share so I can shut this guy up? :rofl:

How about growing up?

behave they are hardly poor, all on std internals, FWD, std turbo, no NOS and proper interiors.

Jap cars weigh less because they have shocking interiors. and paper fin bodywork.

my mate is a regular at the pod with his WR1and only manages a best of 13 seconds with much lower terminals. thats mapped with full 3" decat exhaust and uprated clutch and lightened flywheel.

As I said a decent valver corsa with a shot of NOS would **** over those times

In fact check this for £500 spent and some nights in the garage, a n/a nova with a 130 jet of NOS. 12.5 at the pod with 1.9 60ft.......lol http://passionford.com/forum/restorations-rebuilds-and-projects/204277-500-12-second-nova-4.html

As I said, for the cash spent, the TFSI leaderboard has some shocking times!

Edited by VRsMatt32

As I said a decent valver corsa with a shot of NOS would **** over those times

In fact check this for £500 spent and some nights in the garage, a n/a nova with a 130 jet of NOS. 12.5 at the pod with 1.9 60ft.......lol http://passionford.com/forum/restorations-rebuilds-and-projects/204277-500-12-second-nova-4.html

As I said, for the cash spent, the TFSI leaderboard has some shocking times!

but its a corsa, even if it had 800Hp i wouldnt even bat an eye lid, i'd instead just laugh at it. in all seriousness, i'd kick my own ass before i owned or did something similar to that.

as for pounds spent you are obviously very ill informed. Remap £500, performance downpipe +CAT £500, intake £300, fuel pump £300. you find me another car on the market in the same bracket that will see a 130bhp increase with no nos, WMI, turbo changes etc for only £1600. yet still easily return 30mpg. my mates WR1 is lucky to see over 15mpg.

im not a big fan of willy waiving, but thats essentially what your doing. im a big believer in power isnt everything, and it normally comes at the expense of something else, such as drivability, MPG, handling etc etc. the VAGs lose no drivability at all, mpg is only slightly decreased and yet you stil get an interior that wasnt made out of childrens toys.

that said my next car wont be VAG as i want something with more feedback in the handling department. but there are not many engines out there that i would rate above the k0 TFSI for tunability whilst maintaing a std block/turbo

Edited by vRSy

im not a big fan of willy waiving, but thats essentially what your doing.

Lol, its not me who's set up a website/thread with my drag times on it is it now.

I just pointed out, correctly that those times are really not setting the world on fire for the spend. I didnt say i'd rather drive round in a corsa/nova, but merely that if those cars have circa 400bhp plus as was suggested, they are **** slow!

PS, i'm not disputing the tuneability of the TFSI but out of your list you forgot an intercooler ;-)

Also to the £1600 plus intercooler, you need to add about ten grand of second hand car

The Nova was built for £500 all in, and its much much better for boasting about strip times

Edited by VRsMatt32

I'm looking more REALLY old skool ;) had one before but looking for the turbo version................rare as hens teeth but LOADS of fun (and its still German ;))

must be a porshe, not many rwd turbo'd german motors i can think of

Lol, its not me who's set up a website/thread with my drag times on it is it now.

I just pointed out, correctly that those times are really not setting the world on fire for the spend. I didnt say i'd rather drive round in a corsa/nova, but merely that if those cars have circa 400bhp plus as was suggested, they are **** slow!

more like 330-360hp. plus i havent set that up. in fact the guy who set that up is a certain races in the le mans for drayson racing. im not into 1/4 mle racing. any one can drive in a straight line.

bored now anyway. change of subject :thumbup:

Edited by vRSy

Well done that man ;) had a 924 but fancy getting the bigger brother :D

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200933339756504/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/944/make/porsche/radius/1501/postcode/ka15hn/keywords/turbo/page/1?logcode=p

Not really frail bud. Same as everything else, if the car is looked after, serviced regular using quality products, she should last well ;)

Edited by vRS Dovit