REAR DOOR PROTECTIVE FILM FITTED FOR FREE

mellyboy

Yes.

I only have a few chips. Our Yeti is 4 months old and has only done 920 miles.

But I phoned Skoda UK and told them it was already getting paint damage. They gave me a reference number for my call and know it's an issue.

I phoned my dealer, who didn't know about it, gave them the reference number. They phoned Skoda UK and then called me back.

It is booked in next week to have the chips fiixed and protective film fitted for free. :thumbup:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes.

But I phoned Skoda UK and told them it was already getting paint damage. They gave me a reference number for my call and know it's an issue.

I phoned my dealer, who didn't know about it, gave them the reference number. They phoned Skoda UK and then called me back.

It is booked in next week to have the chips fiixed and protective film fitted for free. :thumbup:

Thanks for that, was it just the general customer svs number you called? listed as 08457 745 745, will make a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Yes.

Will that include any other chipped areas as well ? I polished Scarlet yesterday and noticed chips on the bonnet as well as the rear wheel arches..

Will that include any other chipped areas as well ? I polished Scarlet yesterday and noticed chips on the bonnet as well as the rear wheel arches..

I'd doubt it bonnet etc is a prime area for chips and I've had them on most cars, though not the Yeti as yet, the lower area on the doors is a known and well reported issue on Yeti's and has been documented here and sounds as if Skoda Uk are also well aware so this is the only area that I can see being fixed by them,

This fault has effectively been admitted by Skoda as all new Yeti's have film in this area.

No.

I've never heard of any vehicle manufacturer covering you for damage from other vehicles.

The current issue is the Yeti design, where flared rear wheelarches are hit by stones from the front tyres.

My dealer asked me about this, but as I had fitted mud flaps after delivery (Skoda parts), he said that I did not need the film protection.

Are Skoda retro-fitting the film to cars BEFORE they get stone chips, and does this apply to cars with mud flaps ?

My dealer asked me about this, but as I had fitted mud flaps after delivery (Skoda parts), he said that I did not need the film protection.

Are Skoda retro-fitting the film to cars BEFORE they get stone chips, and does this apply to cars with mud flaps ?

Our Yeti had back and front mud flaps from new. The front ones are not big enough to stop chip damage to the reat arches/doors. Skoda are still fitting the film.

It may be worth you talking to Skoda and asking, as it would be better for you (and cheaper for Skoda) to fit the film now, rather than fix paint damage later and then fit the protective films.

I rang SUK this morning & they said that it's not a design issue but they may be willing to make a contribution to the cost of fitting. However, they will definitely not fit for free. They are contacting my dealer "to see what can be done" and will come back to me tomorrow with the verdict. This sounds rather as though they are going to try to get the dealer to pay.... watch this space!

It may be worth you talking to Skoda and asking, as it would be better for you (and cheaper for Skoda) to fit the film now, rather than fix paint damage later and then fit the protective films.

I did just that and SUK wanted nothing of it refusing to admit there is a problem and basically it seems they preferred the car to get damaged first and for them to repaint both doors than to just fit the foils... emoticon-0145-shake.gif Madness. Thankfully mine came with the foils standard.

I did just that and SUK wanted nothing of it refusing to admit there is a problem and basically it seems they preferred the car to get damaged first and for them to repaint both doors than to just fit the foils... emoticon-0145-shake.gif Madness. Thankfully mine came with the foils standard.

I eventually got a very PC answer. I have to take the car to my dealer (once again) and if they agree that there is stone chip damage, they are to liaise with SUK about remedial action - for which I may have to pay all or part of the cost. If there is little or no damage, then SUK will not assist.

The SUK technician would not agree that there is a problem in the UK , though he agreed that foils are now being fitted to all new build Yetis as it's "easier to do this for all markets, rather just than selected ones".

So, as you say, it seems that one has to have a damaged car before SUK will do anything. Surely it must be cheaper for them to fit the foils if requested by a customer, rather than having to repaint a severely stone chipped panel first before fitting the foils.. Preventative maintenance is better isn't it?

By any chance, are some colours particularly vulnerable, whilst others have more resilient paint and are not suffering? Or are all colours, both solid & metallic, affected?

Edited by speedsport

Mine is going to dealer tomorrow morning to be photo'd, these will apparently be sent to Skoda who may authorise something, no idea what, don't think mine would need resprayed as just a few marks, would hope to get the film fitted or a contribution to the cost made, but if they decide to spray 1st then fit foils so be it. Or if nothing I'll buy the foils and fit myself along with mud flaps I'm also considering picking up tomorrow.

I know mine isn't as bad as some I've read about but hopefully Skoda are interested in prevention as well as fix after!

Guy at dealership seemed to know the procedure to follow though he didn't think Yeti's had a problem, he says it's the same with all paint issues during warranty, photo and send to Skoda.

My dealer asked me to email some photos of the chipped wheel arches to save me going to the garage (40+ miles away).

The dealer principle phoned me this evening saying that Skoda are aware of the problem and are doing resprays and fitting foils as a warranty issue.

The photos will be sent to Skoda then he will contact me to fix a appointment at the bodyshop.

Has anyone had any luck getting these fitted on older models that didn't have them as standard, mine isn't looking too bad in these areas maybe just 1-2 little signs of chips so would like these fitted asap, quite happy to order as only £30ish but would appreciate advice from anyone who has contacted Skoda direct or got their dealers to supply/fit for free.

Or should I wait and try to claim a respray of the doors as a warranty claim if it gets worse?

Hi read my posting first one page one,

Hi read my posting first one page one,

Which rather suggests that Skoda are now taking a tougher line on this and are not willing to fit them unless cars are already showing obvious damage. :thumbdown:

When i was at my dealer this morning the owner claimed that rear door foils have always been standard except for 'one batch which they were left off'. This is clearly untrue nonsense but is probably explained by my taking him to task over what I would be charged for the (now reduced in quality and quantity) RRP when my Yeti lands in a few weeks' time!

God, I wish I had dealers like in the UK!!!!

I've finally had my foils fitted (by a dealer I have no confidence in, but was appointed by VW France - so I had no choice) after a long and bitter struggle that included intervention by SKODA CZ.

When I picked my Yeti up, not only had the foils been fitted in different positions - i.e., three-quarters of an inch off the bottom of the door on the right side, and an eighth of an inch on the left - but there were liquid bubbles trapped underneath the foils.

That unsatisfactory situation took about 10 weeks to get to, in the end. I've complained, of course, but am now in the position (once again) of waiting for someone to get off their **** and actually do something about it. Skoda CZ say they've instructed VW France to act on it, VW France haven't even answered or acknowledged my emails.

I've also got wet carpet in the driver's footwell, and I'm waiting on a response about that too. :(

If only we had a James (of Allams) in France! :(

If only we had a James (of Allams) in France! emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Maybe there is a Jean of Allains? emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

But hope you get it all sorted!

@900000: :)

I do see the humour in that, but I must confess I'm pretty grumpy about it this morning.

Just sent off yet another email to Skoda CZ.

I'm amazed at the apparent 'autonomy' that VW France have (Skoda CZ tell me they are the concessionaire for Skoda in France). You'd think that Skoda CZ would be a bit more proactive about a complaint which they themselves admit is unsatisfactory. But there we are, I've on spent 25,000Euro on a car I can't get good service for... why should they worry!

@900000: emoticon-0100-smile.gif

I do see the humour in that, but I must confess I'm pretty grumpy about it this morning.

Just sent off yet another email to Skoda CZ.

I'm amazed at the apparent 'autonomy' that VW France have (Skoda CZ tell me they are the concessionaire for Skoda in France). You'd think that Skoda CZ would be a bit more proactive about a complaint which they themselves admit is unsatisfactory. But there we are, I've on spent 25,000Euro on a car I can't get good service for... why should they worry!

Apologies Allena... I was just trying to brighten your day!

Though also remember Skoda UK are just the same. As importers they can do as they like it seems so Skoda France is no worse off believe me. Maybe it appears as if things happen here a bit faster but I'm sure you've seen more moaning about SUK on here than praise! But good luck!

Allena,

there is a simple answer to this. You just have to have a trip over to the UK, leave the car with James whilst you catch the train up to London for a days retail therapy.

Where are you in France? I've just booked 2 holidays for later this year, one near St Malo, and the other near Nantes.

@ Llanigraham:

Not such a bad idea, really. It is certainly one that I've considered. I'm near Sarlat la Caneda in Aquitaine (24) and my next planned trip is in early May. Door to door from my home here to my UK destination, and return, is a 2,450Km(1500 mile) journey, though. Luckily (thanks to the EC) we all have pan-european warranties, so something of a warranty nature would be covered. But I don't fancy living with a saturated floor pan, rotting carpets, et cetera for that long. :(

Besides, why should I let the blighters get away with it!

Hope you have good holidays.