Plastic engine under tray

Hi all,

Right last night on my way home down some lane I hit a huge f-off rock in the road ( car coming the other way so could not avoid it) any way huge smack and it seems yo took out the back left hand side of the tray, it actually ripped the screws out of there screw holes on the side plastic mount!

So how much is it going to cost to fit and what do I need? What is the plastic side mount called that the tray screws into?

Thanks for any help :)

Dave

Hi all,

Right last night on my way home down some lane I hit a huge f-off rock in the road ( car coming the other way so could not avoid it) any way huge smack and it seems yo took out the back left hand side of the tray, it actually ripped the screws out of there screw holes on the side plastic mount!

So how much is it going to cost to fit and what do I need? What is the plastic side mount called that the tray screws into?

Thanks for any help :)

Dave

It's cheap at dealers below 30 GBP

fabia-1.jpg

its personal choice, i barly catch mine but i avoid speed bumps and i live on a bad road, if you want to use it as a testing tool like i do and MarkMac then replace it, but the genral if you dont like it/want to spend £30 then rip it off :giggle:

well i dont think the undercover is usless its clearly prevented that 'big rock' from hitting your sump or summin that could have done some costly damage remember its a big engine for a small car so fills the engine bay a lot..so theres a lot of costly parts that it protects plus it protects the inner end of ur drive shaft quite well..... so get that nu one from the dealers +1

well i dont think the undercover is usless its clearly prevented that 'big rock' from hitting your sump or summin that could have done some costly damage remember its a big engine for a small car so fills the engine bay a lot..so theres a lot of costly parts that it protects plus it protects the inner end of ur drive shaft quite well..... so get that nu one from the dealers +1

Then why have they cut a hole in it for a connector on the intercooler pipe? :giggle:

As if a bit of plastic is going to stop a rock or something damaging the sump.

Matt

I would have thought that leaving the floor plate off would destroy the under car airflow and thus create more drag and less speed and also increase the mpg, as well as letting water and muck splash all over the engine bay, it's definitely worth replacing for the small amount that Skoda charge.

DB.

I would have thought that leaving the floor plate off would destroy the under car airflow and thus create more drag and less speed and also increase the mpg, as well as letting water and muck splash all over the engine bay, it's definitely worth replacing for the small amount that Skoda charge.

DB.

+1 :)

Oh and sound dampening.

Edited by JLneonhug