3 button Remote Fob ebay replacement for 2 button

Hi

I'm needing to replace a dead 2 button HLO 1J0 959 753 AG remote on my 53 plate octy 1 elegance

i've found a 3 button remote HLO 1JO 959 753 DA on ebay HERE

will the 3rd button (boot) on the new remote work on my octy?

ie will it unlock the boot independently of the rest of the doors?

is it as easy to re program as the videos in his link make it look?

i'd use the transponder and flip key bit from my non working remote - so immobiliser wont be a problem

Cheers

Steve

PS sorry i realise there are other Remote & fob threads on here - but i couldnt find anything that specifically answered my above question

Edited by InfiniteDreamer

Hi

I'm needing to replace a dead 2 button HLO 1J0 959 753 AG remote on my 53 plate octy 1 elegance

i've found a 3 button remote HLO 1JO 959 753 DA on ebay HERE

i'd use the transponder and flip key bit from my non working remote - so immobiliser wont be a problem

Cheers

Steve

PS sorry i realise there are other Remote & fob threads on here - but i couldnt find anything that specifically answered my above question

Yes it will

Yes it will

Yes, not too bad, as i did mine ok

The seperate boot unlock is a good idea as it allows you to open boot without opening the whole car, and when you close the boot it auto locks.

Remember this if you leave keys in boot. :dull:

Just to clarify for those of us who just have unlock/lock on our keys, NOT the boot pop function... One can buy the above fob and once coded to the car in the process demonstrated in the videos, we will then have the remote boot open function as found on later models? Despite the vehicle originally not having the feature?

Just to clarify for those of us who just have unlock/lock on our keys, NOT the boot pop function... One can buy the above fob and once coded to the car in the process demonstrated in the videos, we will then have the remote boot open function as found on later models? Despite the vehicle originally not having the feature?

Correct....... :thumbup:

That is exactly what i had and converted mine. You need to use your old key insert to make the job easier, unless you go through the whole recode option as a new key.

That's very good to know. Thank you for the info.

I quite miss the remote boot pop found on most recent cars when going back to my Octavia, now I know I can solve the issue!

That's very good to know. Thank you for the info.

I quite miss the remote boot pop found on most recent cars when going back to my Octavia, now I know I can solve the issue!

No worries i can always post how to do it if peeps get stuck.

I use the boot unlock daily so is a very useful option.

Edited by Bowders1

Ok decided to give one a try

will update on what happens :smirk:

Damn I hate and love this website in equal measures, I'll have to buy one of these now:giggle: my car would just get left alone, if it wasn't for Briskoda but where would the fun be in that?

Please keeps us/me updated on this one:thumbup:

Damn I hate and love this website in equal measures, I'll have to buy one of these now:giggle: my car would just get left alone, if it wasn't for Briskoda but where would the fun be in that?

Please keeps us/me updated on this one:thumbup:

Technically it's not a mod for the car, but for a simple set of keys emoticon-0105-wink.gif

That's what you tell the missus anyway emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Hang on a sec

The three button keys will open he boot on an rs

Or am I a retard who can't read properly ??

If so how do I do this with my three button key which I've had for years thinking that it wouldn't work

Hang on a sec

The three button keys will open he boot on an rs

Or am I a retard who can't read properly ??

If so how do I do this with my three button key which I've had for years thinking that it wouldn't work

Yes they sure do........

Well it depends on what you have replaced. I used my original 2 button key and connected it into the 3 button transponder and I think it started working from there.

By the way you need to hold in the boot unlock button a few seconds to work.

If this does not work then you may need to program as per a new remote key.

Procedure

1. Switch Ignition ON and leave the new remote key in the ignition.

2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second

key.

3. Using the remote on the key in the ignition press the Unlock button once, and the horn

will sound once.

4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate the coding

procedure. The remote control will now be programmed.

Note you do not have to press the boot unlock button to relock the boot, it wil lock automatically when you close the boot.

This is handy when you just need to get to the boot (mrs shopping trip) :giggle:

Edited by Bowders1
  • Like 1

I'll try that with the three button key I got up the house for a spare (if I can find it lol)

I swapped the two for a three when the loop snapped on my old key, only the blipper bit though, so it should work :thumbup:

Cheers Mark

Success!

Remote arrived this morning

and following Bowders instructions - i can CONFIRM it works!

the only thing that didnt happen as per Bowders instructions - was the Horn sounding on step 3

but other than that - spot on

and the boot button does indeed unlock the boot INDEPENDENTLY of the doors - does take a bit more than a quick press

and as soon as you close the boot - car automatically locks it! :thumbup:B)

Thanks to Everybody who has helped

Now i know it works

I'm going to order another 3 button remote now to replace my remaining 2 button

Steve

Success!

the only thing that didnt happen as per Bowders instructions - was the Horn sounding on step 3

and the boot button does indeed unlock the boot INDEPENDENTLY of the doors - does take a bit more than a quick press

Now i know it works

Steve

Great news buddy. Well done....

Think you only get the horn sounding if you have an alarm fitted

Yep think the horn only sounds with Alarm models

What is on the other side of the keyfob? Do you get to keep the Skoda badge?

Depends on what key fob you purchase. either a 3 button VW or Skoda one. They are actually exactly the same apart from that badge, which is removable and you can swap it over. Probably end up damaging it though has i tried.

Depends on what key fob you purchase. either a 3 button VW or Skoda one. They are actually exactly the same apart from that badge, which is removable and you can swap it over. Probably end up damaging it though has i tried.

Ah, can you order the Skoda badged ones from that ebay seller? I didn't see an option to on his auction.

Success!

Now i know it works

Steve

i must be thick or not following this properly :wonder:

how did you get the immobiliser to work with this new fob then? and did you put the two button key and end on the 3 button one?

cheers