New VRS, which one to go for

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided to go for a new Vrs but can't decide on which engine and gearbox to go for. I currently drive a diesel Mondeo St but find the power band very narrow and find it difficult to drive smoothly, I find myself in the wrong gear for swift driving in to and away from roundabouts etc (no Im not a boy racer) I fancy the 2.0T FSI DSG. What are the real world MPG figures for this engine fitted with the DSG box. If i go the diesel route does the DSG gearbox suit a diesel engine.

one final question is about which one would be the best bet from a re sale point of view.

Thanks

Andy

Deal done, I should be the proud owner of the following hopefully before Christmas

2.0TFSI manual

Candy white

auto dimming

xenon

heated seats

floor mats

reversing sensors

Mdi

Maxi dot

space saver

Cant wait :happy:

I'd have added the DSG box & paddles as well, but then again, I'd have the 170CR because I don't like filling up often & I like the torque of a diesel.

Drove a DSG today and didnt like it so went for the manual.

• 4 months later...

To bad the goverment here in Portugal want´s to fill their pockets up with our car taxes.

Surely would have picked up a Vrs instead of a 1.6 tdi cr Elegance Pack

Edited by alberg