How old are you?

chrispyvrs

Yesterday i saw a fairly old guy, must have been in his 70s in a vRS. I see a lot of older people in normal fabias and octavias etc. Just wondering what the age of other vRS drivers is? Im only 19 and i still get a lot of stick from my mates, although they soon shush when they get to go in it and see it in person!haha

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 20. I'm a bit of a grumpy old man though - I listen to Radio 4, currently drive a SAAB 9-5 and live with 2 cats and the girlfriend in a country cottage. Stick from mates for driving a Skoda Fabia? You've not experienced the kind of stick i have mate. :p I'm on the hunt for a Fabia atm, and know as soon as i do find one, the mocking will commence.

had a scooby turbo 2000 at 18 ! dont even want to tell you how much i paid insurance "!

Mental. I'm paying £1780 TPF&T for my 9-5, its my first car. That was only £300 more than a 1.25 Zetec Fiesta though. So, i didn't really care. I got the car from my uncle, so it made sense... despite still buying it from him for £950. W****r.

had a swift from being 17-19, then bought my vRS, did car sales and drove a lot of other cars, but as far as being a comfy, easy drive when i want, to then giving me thrills, well, I havent found anything thats as much bang for your buck yet, im now 23!

P.S. If i manage to afford a TVR T360 or Vauxhall VXR8 ill let you know though ;)

I'm 23, bought my vRS at 22 though.

I've seen some fairly old people driving around in vRS's, always suprises me to be honest, flashed a guy who was 50+ the other day, he gave me a wave back though, so still good guys!!

37 :(

Only upside is that insurance is cheap(er).

When I was 19, the car to have was a Vauxhall Nova 1.3 SR. 75 whole HP, no power steering, no electric windows or central locking, no ABS or traction. Great little car. Mine was banana yellow, with a very tasteful (!?) brown check interior.

Kids these days blah blah blah...... :rofl:

I'm 28. But I do see a lot of old people driving Fabia's and even vrs's. Had 2 fords and 2 beamers. My Fabia vrs is the best yet!

Insurance is 380 fully comp with girlfriend as named driver. When I was 20 it used to be 1,600 third party on a beamer 1.8.

Edited by Fabla

I'm sure there have been polls about how old vRS owners are on here before. You could add one to this thread if you want.

32 and pay about £400 for fully comp insurance with eSure. I've had my car for 4 years.

I'm always jealous when my dad tells me what he pays for his 96 Impreza Turbo. I think it's £250 fully comp per year with Saga.

I'm with Saga insurance as well, for both cars £370. The young skinny kids trash me on track now but I have the last laugh these days with a cheapo mortgage and insurances, not forgetting more spare time to enjoy myself. Still only 58.

I'm 24 don't even have a vRS and I pay to much for insurance, 2 years NCB - £750 TPT&T (Blacklisted Post Code)

My Dad pays £450 on his fully comp, with 20+ years no claims or points (Mitsubishi Colt Space Star 1.3)

Edited by chrisw880