Superb MY 2011 - Iphone bluetooth

Sorry for being stupid, but how can we have a 2011 model out when we're not there yet?

All orders this year beginning somewhat aroud June is ordered as "`MY 2011".

Most car manufacturers change modelyear somewhere around the summer.

• 3 weeks later...

SkodaUK rang me today to say that my Superb Elegance 4x4 170 is unlikely to pair with my iPhone 3gs. I am on BW40 Oct.4th.

Hi. I have a Skoda Superb on a 59' plate and an iPhone 3GS which refused to connect to it! Tried utilising a Nokia - changing the Sim card from my iPhone to my Nokia every time I got into the car....after about the 60th time of doing this, and becoming more and more frustrated, the Sim card holder in my Nokia broke!!!! Great! Being at my wits end I decided to do some research. Beadles Skoda in Maidstone fitted a kit for me and..... bingo! Hands-free with my iPhone.....Hallelujah!

Hi. I have a Skoda Superb on a 59' plate and an iPhone 3GS which refused to connect to it! Tried utilising a Nokia - changing the Sim card from my iPhone to my Nokia every time I got into the car....after about the 60th time of doing this, and becoming more and more frustrated, the Sim card holder in my Nokia broke!!!! Great! Being at my wits end I decided to do some research. Beadles Skoda in Maidstone fitted a kit for me and..... bingo! Hands-free with my iPhone.....Hallelujah!

Managed to finally change my iPhone to an iPhone 4 and success on my my2011 Superb. It also connects the media player by Bluetooth as well so need no wires to play my iTunes fab or what!!

I took delivery of my new Superb Elegance 2 weeks ago and my iPhone 3GS on Tesco O2 works just fine. All I had to do was activate the Bluetooth under the iPhone settings and it connected first time.

Tried it with my older Nokia, also on Tesco, and it works too.

That's music to my ears. My order is BW40, next week.

Does your iPhone 3GS have all the functions contacts, missed calls etc? Phil emoticon-0148-yes.gif

• 9 months later...

Managed to finally change my iPhone to an iPhone 4 and success on my my2011 Superb. It also connects the media player by Bluetooth as well so need no wires to play my iTunes fab or what!!

Hi, i connected my iphone 4 to skoda superb, but i cannot figure out how to play music through bluetooth? Can you help me? Thanks

Hi, i connected my iphone 4 to skoda superb, but i cannot figure out how to play music through bluetooth? Can you help me? Thanks

Press Media on Columbus/Amundsen/Bolero and select the Bluetooth icon on the touchscreen. Select the track you want to listen to using your iPhone's built-in iPod app (you can only select music tracks from your iPhone when using Bluetooth streaming).

As shown here

Edited by BillyJim

• 2 months later...

SkodaUK rang me today to say that my Superb Elegance 4x4 170 is unlikely to pair with my iPhone 3gs. I am on BW40 Oct.4th.

My new Octy VRS will pair with my iphone 4 but I cant send SMS messages on the Columbus but if I pair it with a cheal Nokia it will ?????

My new Octy VRS will pair with my iphone 4 but I cant send SMS messages on the Columbus but if I pair it with a cheal Nokia it will ?????

You will not be able to access the text aspects of your iphone or, indeed, 99% of Android phones. That is because to use the remote text facilities, your phone needs to connect to the car BT using the RSAP protocol. Iphone doesn't support this, and only a very small number of Android ones do.

Just picked up my Superb this week.

BT streaming was working, then last night driving home from Cardiff it wasn't.

Tried everything I could think of, but fundamentally I cannot see anywhere that suggests switching on BT streaming and I know it was there before.

Any suggestions?

Thx

I've had this a few times. I cant remember exact sequence, but its something like this...

You go into Media, you see no media sources, then press radio button to get radio on, and then back to media and BT media source Now appears..

Works for me when this happens.

Cheers

Steve

if you have upgraded your iphone to iOS 5, then maybe there is a problem with BT streaming.

As stated above BT streaming was working yesterday with iOS 5, and then in the evening it wasn't.

Hence the big mystery.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the iPhone re-connected but the whole BT streaming function does seem a bit hit & miss.

My suspicion is that if the bionding is rushed then it fails & then the only solution is to pull over & switch the engine off, then back on again.

I did also yank the fuse in order to perform a 'hard reset' and that too seem to do the trick.

The only real annoyance now is that every time I receive a notification on my iPhone [email, text, Facebook, Google+ etc] then the Columbus switches in to BT Audio mode. This interrupts both the radio & the map & is a distraction. Can this be switched off?

• 1 year later...

Hi

Just taken delivery of my Skoda superb elegance . Oct 2012.

was able to connect my iphone4 via the bluetooth to the columbus sat nav/media player for phone calls and works fine

but unable to bluetooth the music to the columbus player unless using the Aux cable in the armrest which means sorting through the phone for music rather than the media player.

Anyone had any similar issues

cheers

Derry