New vRS Estate

EvilcB

No adapters or such-like in mine.

You dont need to see or operate your phone handset in use so it stays in my pocket, but it would be nice to charge.

Hmmm. A call to my dealer might need to happen here!

Thanks for your reply - spoke to my dealer late this afternoon and they were not aware of such an adaptor/phone mount, until I pointed it out in the owners handbook in a new Fabia in the showroom!

They are going to look into it for me, but couldn't initially find any phone adaptors/cradles listed in their parts system - I am presuming the parts are made by THB Bury, but I could be wrong.

Let me know if your dealer tells you anything different!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been advised that my candy white Fabia vRS estate which was ordered end of August 2010 with all the extras, which included electric sunroof (ESR) option to help brighten up the dark and sombre interior (didn't realise then, that tempo red vRS upholstery was available!), cannot be ordered with the ESR ,as Skoda are not currently manufacturing any vRS estates with a sunroof.

It has been confirmed that I can now have the lighter tempo red upholstery in conjunction with the candy white exterior, so I'm not too worried and the dealer will discount the price back to exclude the ESR.

Given that the vehicle is unlikely to be delivered before 2011, then my dealer did say, there is an outside chance that Skoda may decide to start building again with ESR's before mine is built, but I shan't hold my breath eh?!?

Just placed an order for a Race Blue vRS Estate.

0-60 in 7secs.

0-my garage in 6months.

Beware, they are not sensibly supplying at the moment.

Nice! I picked up mine last Saturday down here in Australia took me 3-months after I placed my order to get it now I just want to install Bluetooth!

Race Blue vRS TDI 125kW DSG, with all available options. Which unfortunately didn't include bluetooth. It's a great drive though! Drove from the dealership in Geelong to Melbourne!

Anyone Know what the Latest factory Bluetooth module part number is? We don't get bluetooth as an option here in Australia. As I've placed an order for an iPhone and want a bluetooth module that place nice with it. I've been reading the bluetooth module in the new Superb's is the one to get

Had a phone call from the dealer today. Mines at Grimsby waiting to be delivered to the dealer. Told should have it next week. Lovely! Apparently only 3 in the country this year.

Congratulations. When did you order yours? Were you given build week 37?

I'm hoping to hear from my dealer shortly... :)

Edited by bingo765

Great piccies mate :D

Thinkin of ditching my Octavia VRS TDi for a Fabia VRS Estate but the biggest desicion is what colour. Cant decide between red with black alloys or white with black alloys.

Your red one looks just as good as I imagined, I love the deep front chin, just hoping someone posts pics of a white one now so I can compare.

Happy Skoda'ing B)

Thanks for your reply - spoke to my dealer late this afternoon and they were not aware of such an adaptor/phone mount, until I pointed it out in the owners handbook in a new Fabia in the showroom!

They are going to look into it for me, but couldn't initially find any phone adaptors/cradles listed in their parts system - I am presuming the parts are made by THB Bury, but I could be wrong.

Let me know if your dealer tells you anything different!

phone

Finally got around to making that call to the dealer, pointing out pages 105-107 about adaptors/cradles. After some study they got back to me. They say the adaptors are not fitted to UK cars, hence no point in trying to fit a cradle. Their suggestion is go to Carphone Warehouse if you need a dashmount cradle. Hmmm.

It would have been nice to have a built-in charging cradle and handy with phone sat nav.

However lets look at the positives (glass half-full an that), the phone system is fantastic, and for all phone call stuff there is never any need to see the phone so it can stay in your pocket.

And I'm having far too much fun behind the wheel to answer the phone or bother if I'm lost anyway!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just placed an order for a Race Blue vRS Estate.

0-60 in 7secs.

0-my garage in 6months.

Beware, they are not sensibly supplying at the moment.

It's at Grimsby, I wonder if I shall have to move house.

Should be down south next week I guess.

3 months better than original promise.

Tony

Hi Alan

If there is a cover missing it was left off prior to delivery :(

Am loving the car - the gearbox is awesome - I'm not a naturally agressive driver but I keep spinning the front wheels at roundabouts, as I forget how much quicker the acceleration is than my Fiat 1.9TD :rofl:

That looks REALLY nice gotta love red :yes: . On the photo you took of the engine is there a cover missing off the electrics on top of the battery ?, my mk1 fabia vRS has one ?

Cheers

Alan

It's at Grimsby, I wonder if I shall have to move house.

Should be down south next week I guess.

3 months better than original promise.

Tony

Its still at Grimsby.

I hope salt corrosion has not set in.

I hope it does not come down smelling of fish.

But, heh, it will be a nice surprise when they eventually decide to part with it.

Tony

Its still at Grimsby.

I hope salt corrosion has not set in.

I hope it does not come down smelling of fish.

But, heh, it will be a nice surprise when they eventually decide to part with it.

Tony

Its now in my garage; not seen it in the light properly, but it looks smart.

Will get more familiar tomorrow.

Tony

Its now in my garage; not seen it in the light properly, but it looks smart.

Will get more familiar tomorrow.

Tony

Taking it easy with the revs, but it is a great drive.

Had to seek definitive advice on fuel to use and oil to top up with.

Fuel is 98 octane 95 in an emergency.

Oil is W5/30, I bought Castrol Edge on their advice.

Regards

Tony ;)

Thanks for the pics, seeing them makes me even more excited about getting mine! It's very similar to yours (vRS estate in race blue) but with the two tone wheels.

Popped in to see my dealer today and the car is 'in transit' - or in other words, built and somewhere between the factory and getting on a boat.

Looking at delivery on 11th or 18th December - ordered it way back at the end of August so it's been a fair old wait!

Very nice car Tony :thumbup: and sorry i've been nosey but fantastic pics of a Sparrow Hawk to!!

A lot of my pics on Flickr are free access, so anyone is welcome to browse.

Butterflies, Birds and Flowers are not too bad.

Tony