Are Skoda driver taking over from BMW driver's?

Gizmo

What is it with (some) of the Fabia drivers in Kent?

On the way home i followed 3 separate Fabia's (a low spec MKI, a MKI vRS and a MKII Estate) non of which seem be fitted with indicators any more :swear: all of them were in and out of the slower moving traffic without a single indication.

The MKII I also overtook twice as be seemed to be unable to stick to any sort of speed (my cruise was set @ 70) his speed was varying between 50 and 80+ on a relatively clear dual carriageway.

Granted this poor driving habit is not exclusive to Fabia drivers, it's just unusual to see so many at one time.

Rant over ....:@

Maybe you just notice Fabia's (Skoda's) more? Don't think poor driving is brand specific, more

likely your affinity to Skoda heightens your awareness of them, and subsequently their behaviour.

(obviously BMW's are the exception, as they are normally driven by *******)

Maybe you just notice Fabia's (Skoda's) more? Don't think poor driving is brand specific, more

likely your affinity to Skoda heightens your awareness of them, and subsequently their behaviour.

Ive just got rid of my Fabia for a BMW 5 series, and if anything i drive the BMW better

When i drove the Fabia i would drive it harder because you want to show people that they can shift, or that they are good cars. And you can really embarras someone by beating them in a skoda

As the Fabia 1 becomes more affordable for young men...and women..then the standard of driving them is bound to decrease I'm afraid

+1

Totally agree, same thing happened to the likes of the Golf, Focus etc getting a lot cheaper and younger men and woman purchase them.

+2

The dropping price attracts more Chavs and young aggressive drivers emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif (there has been a steady rise of agressive racing type posts on Brisky over the last few months imho).

The same is true with older BMWs (lower price attracts boy/girl racer types)

Edited by Lady Elanore

What is it with (some) of the Fabia drivers in Kent?

On the way home i followed 3 separate Fabia's (a low spec MKI, a MKI vRS and a MKII Estate) non of which seem be fitted with indicators any more :swear: all of them were in and out of the slower moving traffic without a single indication.

The MKII I also overtook twice as be seemed to be unable to stick to any sort of speed (my cruise was set @ 70) his speed was varying between 50 and 80+ on a relatively clear dual carriageway.

Granted this poor driving habit is not exclusive to Fabia drivers, it's just unusual to see so many at one time.

Rant over ....:@

Make your 'Dendrites' take a different direction.

As the Fabia 1 becomes more affordable for young men...and women..then the standard of driving them is bound to decrease I'm afraid

I for one am thankful the 2.0l Fabia is such a rare beast!

Could you begin to imagine the possible carnage if one of those fell into the hands of a 'Yoof'?

AH- I see our last Labia Gov't s brainwashing program kicking on . 4X4 drivers- planet killers . So the then Gov't set us all against them , so that they could financially force them off the road/ milk them dry . Then next came the elderly - and a nice one ,because a lot of them were on Motability - ( get them off - a Scooter is cheaper than a car - so we're £££££ better of). - So let's identify those cars driven by aged persons -

Fabia's are one -and then let's look at the pov spec ones - I'm in the aged band( 63) - I also drive a 1.4TDi- but there the similarity ENDS. I'm possed off with the go slow/ can't look further than the end of their nose townie drivers . Come a roundabout - I'm looking for things on my right a lonnnng way ahead -not braking to see if there's a car a mile or so away ,WHICH MIGHT TURN ACROSS US .

Trouble ,AFAIK is that when I passed my test ( and I'm still applying my instructors advice ) -you looked out for problems and reacted in ADV power - but DRIVING . ANCE- not a millisecond before . These days- they wait for the problem to occur before slamming on brakes . Example - up ahead is a bus stop - with folks waiting. Road is two lane - solution - move in to outside lane ,reacting to bus's possibility of stopping . That's the scenario if you're not turning left in the near future .

Next example - approaching a roundabout - going straight on - get in middle lane - watching to right for any anticipated traffic - drop a gear ,to be ready for a blast ,or to stop smoothly .

Traffic lights, been on green for some time - approach cautiously - dropping into third passing the lights ( on green) - so that if they change - all you've got to do is accelerate to get over before they change(and keep ass out of way of the bloke who thinks green means go ,without looking) .

But then , some 44 years on - my NCB is massive , my accident record is a long white clean sheet - and my police record - oh,yes I'm known - as an old curtain twitchier and Neighbourhood watch bloke .

After passing my test - on a major town in the UK-I moved to a part of the North West - where the roads were a nat's tad wider than the cars - and learned to drive . ( In BMC rear wheel drive cars) .So now comes FWD, and modern drivability - I love it when the kiddies start to mess around -especially in my home town - where in my younger days we used to throw FWD taxis around the town centre at night -just for the hell of it .

OH-I love the look on a chav's face ,to see he's been bested in his supa dupa xxx by an OAP on a F abia 1.4TDi ---MAKES MY DAY - it's not down to driving ability .

Don't think poor driving is brand specific

I dunno, for example i reckon most folks would tie up these cars -->

Audi A4, Black or White, Base Spec

Land Rover Discovery, newish

Scooby with customisations

VW old Polo / new Fox, Red or Yellow

Against these behaviours, with most people matching the same cars against the same behaviour -->

Tailgating

No situational awareness

Lane weaving

Lane hogging

There's loads of examples of that kind of thing, ask 10 people what their first thought is for any common car, 8 will give the same answer.

p.s. i drive both a skoda and a bmw so maybe i've just got more to defend here :giggle:

I think sir you will find you are wrong in your assumption. BMW's are driven by people like me, who work hard, save their money and buy one because they can afford one. The main downside of BMW ownership is having to put up with the crap that jealous t*ssers like you keep throwing my way. I bet you even key them just to look hard in front of your Corsa driving mates. Mods please feel free to ban me.

I think sir you will find you are wrong in your assumption. BMW's are driven by people like me, who work hard, save their money and buy one because they can afford one. The main downside of BMW ownership is having to put up with the crap that jealous t*ssers like you keep throwing my way. I bet you even key them just to look hard in front of your Corsa driving mates. Mods please feel free to ban me.

Recent observations suggest that perhaps BMW are loosing that stigma. The ones who got a BMW for the name ( and not as a good driving car) seem to have discovered that A3's are more for their driving abilities,as you don't really have to know much about driving to drive one . RWD requires some basic driving ability . I'm now finding that in my pov spec Furby, BMW drivers are being more polite ( or is that related to my age :rofl: )

So , I'd suggest that it's not Skoda that's taking over the idiot mantle ,but A3 drivers ,and BMW are getting their good name back( and will do so more when the "not a mini" lot move on- the lot that say "I've got a COOPER" ,so I'm king of the road )

Just a very brief response,

Point 1 - (in bold) I stated that poor driving is not brand specific.

Point 2 - The comment in brackets is called irony, it is indeed a common misconception used about BMW drivers,

the very fact that in the sentence previous I stated 'I don't think poor driving is brand specific' would lead

most intelligent observers to conclude I was indeed being ironic.

Point 3 - I applaud you for working hard and saving, I too work hard and save and, no I probably couldn't afford a BMW, a fact you imply in your post.

Point 4 - I have never maliceously damaged anyones car in my life, thankyou very much.

Point 5 - You shouldn't be banned, I haven't even bothered reporting what could be interpreted as abuse, not worth it.