• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

## UPDATE ##

Ordered 29/7/10

Given build date 28/8/10

Car has been built and awaiting shipment from Emden 21/9/10

Car is in the UK ( assuming Grimsby ) and awaiting transport to Dealership 27/9/10

Hoping I get it in about 2 weeks! B)

I wonder whether anyone knows if they have to wait for enough cars to fill the transporter ,before they deliver to the dealer??

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sunroofs have been dropped for ALL vRS Fabias.

The one option I really, really wanted on my new car :'(

The order is still in the pipeline with all my other choice options, but now without the glass in the roof, damn, damn and double damn.

If it does become available again, this car will be coming to the UK, but it wont be being paid for by me, as a Sunroof one will take it's place at a later build week.

What crap news that phone call was.

Memo out to the dealer today, factory has dropped them, didn't say why, didn't say when they are going back into production either :no:

Yes I had the same phone call from dealer last week, with the cavaet that hopefully by the time they build mine (ordered last week in August with delivery projected at Jam/Feb 2011), they might be doing sunroofs again.

The main reason I wanted the sunroof was to let more light into a rather dark and dour black interior, but have been allowed to order the tempo red vRS interior, which the dealer had to get permission from Skoda UK to order, or so they say - anyone else ordered the tempo red upholstery?

Yes I had the same phone call from dealer last week, with the cavaet that hopefully by the time they build mine (ordered last week in August with delivery projected at Jam/Feb 2011), they might be doing sunroofs again.

The main reason I wanted the sunroof was to let more light into a rather dark and dour black interior, but have been allowed to order the tempo red vRS interior, which the dealer had to get permission from Skoda UK to order, or so they say - anyone else ordered the tempo red upholstery?

Not ordered the red, but I've seen it in a white and black roof model.

It didn't look nice, you might get away with it in a black car but it didn't suit the white at all :S

Tempo red upholstery?????? Eughhhh!!

You'll never sell your car if you ever tried :giggle:

To brighten up a dark interior, if you're that bothered about it ,just buy a few chrome bits, such as an air freshener etc. etc.

I like the vRS interior, I think it allows you to concentrate on the job in hand and that's driving............unlike a mini interior or polo gti where you're forever reminded it's christmas!! :rofl: - far too tacky for me.

Edited by bingo765

I ordered mine during the wk commencing 20th September 2010 and was told that the estimated delivery date would be somewhere around 15th Feb 2011.

Having seen the comments on this forum, I was expecting this and resigned to a long wait.

But... just had a phone call from the salesman who told me that when he's checked on progress of his recent orders, mine has been given a build week of wk 44, and he anticipates that the car should be with me by the end of November / very early December.

He thinks a cancelled order with the same spec must have come through and has been allocated to me.

Result!

I ordered mine during the wk commencing 20th September 2010 and was told that the estimated delivery date would be somewhere around 15th Feb 2011.

Having seen the comments on this forum, I was expecting this and resigned to a long wait.

But... just had a phone call from the salesman who told me that when he's checked on progress of his recent orders, mine has been given a build week of wk 44, and he anticipates that the car should be with me by the end of November / very early December.

He thinks a cancelled order with the same spec must have come through and has been allocated to me.

Result!

What Fabia model have you ordered Matty ?

Result!

I hope it's not the same spec as me, I'll be well upset :'( I ordered mine on 31st August and have been given a revised date of week 3 (17th January)

Fabia Elegance Estate 1.2 TSI DSG in Rosso Brunello

I have ordered a white Fabia Estate 1.6 tdi CR 105 Elegance, with lowered suspension and underseat storage.

I'm looking forward to getting the car, I was really impressed with the test drive I had.

phew!! thank goodness it wasn't the same model as me :yes: Hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

I have ordered a white Fabia Estate 1.6 tdi CR 105 Elegance, with lowered suspension and underseat storage.

I'm looking forward to getting the car, I was really impressed with the test drive I had.

We ordered a Cappucino Fabia Estate 1.6 Tdi CR 105 Elegance ! Great minds think alike - well, apart from colour choice. We ordered it a week before you (13th September) and were told delivery in early November - but haven't heard anything from the dealer since then.

hi all

i've i got my build date of wk42, for my Fabia 1.2SE in Cappucino, and was told delivery would be 3 wks later, thus arriving in 5 wks.

here's hoping

Si

Nice, I've just been given a revised date for mine (Elegance estate 1.2 TSI DSG) of week 2 instead of week 3, so going the right way :thumbup: