Delivery times for Fabia ?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ordered a 1.6 Tdi 105hp Elegance Estate yesterday - and were told it would be a factory order, but only an 8 week wait, with delivery in November. I don't know if it's less than your quoted 16 weeks because it's an Estate (I assume you were after a Hatch ?).

yes sorry taken so long to get back its the hatch,they have not told me yet when but said it would be a factory build as there was not a single black in my spec available in the uk,so the dealer said anything up to 24 weeks :'(

seboni121

The Seat Ibiza I have bought is the new generation small car from VAG, the Polo is on the same chassis, whilst the current Fabia is built on the previous 2000 chassis so the underpinnings of the car are a 10 year old design.

Regards my arse being square. I drove 300 mile non stop on Tuesday and a similar distance returning home on Wednesday, I did not find the car uncomfortable at all.

I have just parted with an 06 Passat a much larger car but no more comfortable

The seat altea I had was awful,I had the sport version so the suspension was firmer,but still built quality was inferior to the skodas,dealer was crap but I hope you enjoy your seat,the chassis on the skoda fabia face lift has been tweeked quite a bit, infact its a quite a bit stiffer than the previous model,I however realise than the fabia will not be as good as the superb though,thing is I dont do much driving on motorways so really not getting the best out of the superb :p

I have ordered a white Fabia Estate 1.6 tdi CR 105 Elegance, with lowered suspension and underseat storage.

I'm looking forward to getting the car, I was really impressed with the test drive I had.

Hi matty ive ordered the same as you in black why lowered suspension?,we went out in the 75bhp and it was ok but slighty under powered but ive ordered the 105 how did it drive,the dealer did noy have the 105 B)

Hi matty ive ordered the same as you in black why lowered suspension?,we went out in the 75bhp and it was ok but slighty under powered but ive ordered the 105 how did it drive,the dealer did noy have the 105 B)

Hi Seboni,

I thought the 105 was a brilliant drive but definitely a Jekyll and Hyde car in that it was either sluggish or brisk, but no in-between! Seemed to be reluctant to rev, but once I had convinced it that I really did want to go faster, it took off at a fair old pace. Exceptionally refined too.

I went for the lowered suspension because I think in Estate form, the car sits a bit too high. It looks a bit like it's on stilts and I think the height then emphasises the narrowness of the car. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, so please forgive me if I have offended.

Best wishes

Matt

Thanx for that Matty,

I was wondering about lowering the suspension,to be honest though I am hitting 50 and don't drive like I used to :giggle: try to get as much mpg rather that mph B) ,the extra firm suspension would p**s the good woman off,so soft and sedate is the life for me ,still chuck it around when she is not sitting besides me though :giggle: ,so just a waiting game now for us all :p

all the best seboni121 :thumbup:

hi all. just ordered a fabia elegance 1.2 tsi dsg. was told by the sales person that it be a week 47 build date with delivery about 3rd week of december, but could be jan due to xmas. been looking at some of the build/delivery times on here and was wondering if the timescale i was given was reasonable

hi all. just ordered a fabia elegance 1.2 tsi dsg. was told by the sales person that it be a week 47 build date with delivery about 3rd week of december, but could be jan due to xmas. been looking at some of the build/delivery times on here and was wondering if the timescale i was given was reasonable

Thats good, I ordered the Fabia Elegance Estate 1.2 TSI DSG on 31 August and was initially told "around the beginning of December", this has been revised twice, first it was build date of week 3 (17th January) but now changed to week 2 (10th January), so I'm hoping it will come down further.

Fingers crossed :)

Thats good, I ordered the Fabia Elegance Estate 1.2 TSI DSG on 31 August and was initially told "around the beginning of December", this has been revised twice, first it was build date of week 3 (17th January) but now changed to week 2 (10th January), so I'm hoping it will come down further.

Fingers crossed :)

hi don

i ordered the elegance in brilliant silver with following extras:

curve projector halogen/cornering fogs pack

mdi

MFSW for radio/telephone

underseat storage packs

telephone prep gsm with bluetooth

tyre press. monitor

so not sure that colour/extras may play a part in how quick a build time is determined

hi don

i ordered the elegance in brilliant silver with following extras:

curve projector halogen/cornering fogs pack

mdi

MFSW for radio/telephone

underseat storage packs

telephone prep gsm with bluetooth

tyre press. monitor

so not sure that colour/extras may play a part in how quick a build time is determined

Maybe it's because I've ordered the estate version (in Rosso Brunello metallic), but I have also found out that there is a big demand for the 1.2 TSI DSG engine, and I think that is really determining the long build times ( plus the zero vat).

Ordered my Fabia 1.2 TSI DSG on June 19th with heated seats, rear electric windows and Elba alloys. Its sitting in the dealers compound now, arrived on Thursday and I collect next Weds. So total time from order to collection is 16 and bit weeks. I was quoted 12 weeks delivery at the time but some of the delay might have been self inflicted as I changed the spec three times, Elba alloys back to standard alloys then back to Elba early on but more recently a last minute colour change from the original Aqua Blue to Red with white roof. Indecisive or what? :thumbdown:

The reason? I saw a couple of new Aqua Blue Fabia's whilst driving on the M1 on an overcast day when the new 60 reg's came out and decided I'd made the wrong colour choice, it looked really blue in the sunlight when I first saw one and in the dealers showroom but under a grey sky it can look grey. Then I saw a pre FL in the red/white paint on the A46 and decided it was the one to go for.

Took my insurance details in today to the dealer so had a good look at the car in the compound. Not really sure if I've made the right choice, the car is still with its protective film on so the roof looks white anyway, as it does on all pre delivery models, had to peel the film off a bit to check it was really white underneath!

Also ordered the Supaguard teatment today and was told I can't wash the car for a week to allow the treatment to fully cure. Hope it's not wet next week as the urge to clean her might be just too much. LOL :rofl:

Peter

Ordered my Fabia 1.2 TSI DSG on June 19th with heated seats, rear electric windows and Elba alloys. Its sitting in the dealers compound now, arrived on Thursday and I collect next Weds. So total time from order to collection is 16 and bit weeks. I was quoted 12 weeks delivery at the time but some of the delay might have been self inflicted as I changed the spec three times, Elba alloys back to standard alloys then back to Elba early on but more recently a last minute colour change from the original Aqua Blue to Red with white roof. Indecisive or what? :thumbdown:

The reason? I saw a couple of new Aqua Blue Fabia's whilst driving on the M1 on an overcast day when the new 60 reg's came out and decided I'd made the wrong colour choice, it looked really blue in the sunlight when I first saw one and in the dealers showroom but under a grey sky it can look grey. Then I saw a pre FL in the red/white paint on the A46 and decided it was the one to go for.

Took my insurance details in today to the dealer so had a good look at the car in the compound. Not really sure if I've made the right choice, the car is still with its protective film on so the roof looks white anyway, as it does on all pre delivery models, had to peel the film off a bit to check it was really white underneath!

Also ordered the Supaguard teatment today and was told I can't wash the car for a week to allow the treatment to fully cure. Hope it's not wet next week as the urge to clean her might be just too much. LOL :rofl:

Peter

i know what you mean- looking at some of the pics on here i like the red/white roof combo. i do like the black magic pearl but deep down i know it will be a bugger to keep clean and will show up all the little scratches. i always had silver cars so whe i ordered it yesterday i just went with safest option. will have to sleep on it over the weekend

i know what you mean- looking at some of the pics on here i like the red/white roof combo. i do like the black magic pearl but deep down i know it will be a bugger to keep clean and will show up all the little scratches. i always had silver cars so whe i ordered it yesterday i just went with safest option. will have to sleep on it over the weekend

best colour red white roof thats whot ive got fabia sport had alot off peolpe say its a nice colour just keep it well wax the red shines realy well pete

Peter

Peter

Hi Pete,

I was interested to read your views on the colour, as we felt exactly the same.

We ordered our Fabia Greenline II 1.2 TDI Estate with Parking Sensors; Climatronic AirCon and Electric Rear Windows on 14th July, and, like you, we went for the Aqua Blue Metallic, but we've since seen it on a dull cloudy day and it doesn't look so good. In our opinion it looks more like grey than blue.

After reading that you altered your Spec., I've today emailed asking if it is possible to change to another colour and I'm now awaiting an answer. It might turn out to be a good thing that it has taken longer than anticipated, if it enables us to change colour, without any added delays.

Hoping your new Fabia exceeds your expectations.

Regards,

Maureen

Edited by MoDavison

I ordered my Fabia 1.2 TSI 105 in the mid july and it is going to be built in the 42nd week od 2010, which is next, and max. 10 days until it is delivered to me in Belgrade, Serbia. Looking forward to it. And they told me that the delivery time will be 120 to 150 days because of the engine, they cant build enough if them.

Ordered my Fabia 1.2 TSI 105 DSG Elegance Estate in Artic Green on 17 July.

The dealer was in contact today to say that build week is still 44.

They have been saying that for the last 6 weeks so it appears that Skoda are not falling any further behind.

So hopefully I should get it late Nov early Dec