Tinted frontlights

Tonza

Does it make much difference to the amount of light from the headlights?

It must do, you only need to compare when your headlights are dirty, clean them and difference is amazing.

I have never understood why ANYBODY would want to reduce the output of their headlights ..... I understand the whole styling argument but surely the lack of performance from the lights would override this??

And if you don't believe that argument then look at the whole xenon argument - 4300K are without doubt the brightest most usable light, the higher the Kelvin rating of the bulbs the less usable light is emitted, they change the Kelvin rate by adding more tint to the bulb - exactly what tinting your headlights will do, thus reducing their effectiveness.

The headlights are a bit over-bling.

Haven't you got ChavLEDs on yours? ;)

Seriously, if you want to reduce the amount of chrome under the shields without reducing the light output, dismantle the lights, paint the bits that are just surround matt black, and re-assemble.

I haven't noticed any difference, I was abit worried about the light ouput also but thought I would give it ago and imo didnt notice a massive change. My car passed it's Mot fine last month with it on, no advisories about it either :S. It doesn't affect the beam pattern apparently according to the website.

Haven't you got ChavLEDs on yours? ;)

Seriously, if you want to reduce the amount of chrome under the shields without reducing the light output, dismantle the lights, paint the bits that are just surround matt black, and re-assemble.

I have :)

Painting the lights is another thing I've considered, but that's a bit more involved :)

• 1 month later...

Have somebody sprayed those chrome parts from the lights? i would love to know how to do it step by step, which paint to use that it wouldnt wear off right away.. how to take front lights off and rip them to pieces etc.. Somebody PLEASE!! :D i beg you!

and if i understand right, it wont affect to light output?

I dont want to use lamin-x becouse it illegal in my country.. and it affects to light output.. no thx :S

Edited by Tonza

heres my fly eyes, i didn't want to go too dark this is the lightest black tint they do. It has made a slight difference to light output but i've just put some philips xtreme bulbs in and its spot on now (Standard lights are prety shocking for light output anyway)

12102010073s.jpg

Why not do what i did and strip headlights open and paint front part of inside of headlight and round where foglight is aswell can be done aswell

I have a cheap headlamp for sale if anyone wants to give it a go first without risking the ones on the car :yes: