parking sensors

ranjeet

If you don't have access to VCDS you can also hear the ones that are working. They should tick very faintly.

Just when the engine is on, or do i need someone to keep the car in reverse while I go round the back to listen?

Syanide

Just when the engine is on, or do i need someone to keep the car in reverse while I go round the back to listen?

Syanide

NOT while the engine is on. Just turn the ignition to the point just before the engine turns over, put it in reverse, go round the back and stick your ear to the sensor. If you hear a sound a bit like static crackle it's working, if not its bust.

Ok, thanks for that. Although was looking at some older posts.....and it seems a very common problem! Rod people having them replaced twice or thrice within their warranty period alone!!!

Thanks, again.

Syanide

just for people to see what they look like, like i already said with a bit of modification they should be able to fit the original sleeves.

http://img88.imageshack.us/i/09102010025.jpg/

http://img405.imageshack.us/i/09102010024.jpg/

Thanks for that. I think I might have found a pattern to when my sensors work and when they don't. I've noticed that at the start of the journey, when the car is cold, for example, they work flawlessly. Eg, in the morning on my way to work, when I'm reversing out of the drive, they are perfect. However, after I've got to work, they give me the"beep......beeeeeeep", or sometimes even "beep, beep.............beeeeeeep"

Same on they way back.

Something to do with heat? picking up the fumes from the exhaust?

Syanide.

Edited by syanide

I got quite a same problem. I tested, that side sensors work, but 2 at the center doesn't. When i put in reverse, comes the beep, that parking aid is activated, then a little lower sound "one long beep, then 2 short beeps", after that "one long beep and 4 short beeps". Every time the same pattern. Is this kind of testing system for this? When the beeps are finished, then parking aid beeps start working (the side ones).

• 2 weeks later...

I hooked mine upto VAG-COM and it says rear right sensor, "short to ground". Anyone know if this is fixable? I'm guessing its not a fault with the sensor, but just the wiring somewhere hopefully.... Does anyone who has taken their sensors out, know where the wiring is grounded??

hi,

i have had the same problem with the rear parking sensors on my 53 plate superb, so when my car was in for a service with my local mechanic, he fitted a new aftermarket set of rear sensors, into the original holes, plus a front set, complete with switch, all fitted and working for just over £200, for me a good deal i think because i do not do my own repairs, but i am well satisfied with the result

Are all the sensors the same part number? My faulty one is 3U0 919 275 B. If anyone who has fitted a parking sensor kit, has any spare original ones with that part number. Send me a message if you want to sell any....

My parking sensors have given up the ghost recently, and I was trying to find out which one (without a Vagcom)

Someone said that you can hear them ticking faintly, but I've been round all of them with a stethoscope (ignition on, car in reverse, reversing lights on) and can't hear a thing. Does anyone know if this is true or is it an urban myth?

Thanks

My parking sensors have given up the ghost recently, and I was trying to find out which one (without a Vagcom)

Someone said that you can hear them ticking faintly, but I've been round all of them with a stethoscope (ignition on, car in reverse, reversing lights on) and can't hear a thing. Does anyone know if this is true or is it an urban myth?

Thanks

I think this only works if you have'nt got a fault, cos the computer must switch em all off if there's a fault..

• Like 1

I was interested to know oif this was true so went round listening to all my sensors (my sensor system doesnt work) However all of mine DID click, was noticable with my ear pressed against them. One of them did not click as loudly as the others though, so dont know if thats what my problem is.

I was interested to know oif this was true so went round listening to all my sensors (my sensor system doesnt work) However all of mine DID click, was noticable with my ear pressed against them. One of them did not click as loudly as the others though, so dont know if thats what my problem is.

That's interesting ... mine are totally silent, so maybe it's a problem with my control box rather than one of the sensors? Can anyone remind me where the control box actually sits in the boot. Thanks