How to Dissconect the immobiliser? HELP!

can any 1 take me through steb by steb to dissconect the immobiliser, my car is a 1.3 felicia 2000 model cheers

hi all- have the same problem- i just rescued a felicia from the scrappers ( all it needed was a starter-motor) - the car came with FOUR different keys, opening various locks and two for ignition...one will start the car, the other will turn it over but the car wont start...i'm assuming it needs to be 'programmed' - i was wondering, if i disconnected the immobiliser, would both keys then work?- as the car is 1998, a little bit the worse-for-wear, i'm willing to take my chances it wont be stolen!

- any advice or help much appreciated.

steve

Edited by chef1

You can bypass the immobiliser on the Felicia but you wont find any public guides on how to do this, as it will also help thieves also bypass the imobilser.

If anyone would like to help here, then please PM the guide to the members in this thread, any guide posted in the thread will be deleted.

You can bypass the immobiliser on the Felicia but you wont find any public guides on how to do this, as it will also help thieves also bypass the imobilser.

If anyone would like to help here, then please PM the guide to the members in this thread, any guide posted in the thread will be deleted.

- thanks Mannyo- if anybody could email me the info i'd much appreciate it- like i said, the felicia i saved isnt in its 'first flush of youth' ( a bit like meself!) -but it has a full main-dealer service history from new and runs great-- the second ignition key would be helpful -

many thanks again, steve

Hi all,

If anyone is passing on the knowledge, a copy would be most appreciated.....then I can remove the locks and barrels from Truck 2, and replace them with a very half-arsed starter switch, as it'll spending the rest of it's life, natural or otherwise, being a glorifired wheel-barrow for running around the company's 40-odd acres. It will most definately never see the highway again.

Thanks

Alex

If you have an SPI Felicia you can change the ECU for a Favorit one that doesn't have an immobilizer. The MPI is more differcult but if you have one key that works just take the transponder out of it and tape it to the ignition barrel then you can use both keys.

If you have an SPI Felicia you can change the ECU for a Favorit one that doesn't have an immobilizer. The MPI is more differcult but if you have one key that works just take the transponder out of it and tape it to the ignition barrel then you can use both keys.

hi ken-

that certainly sounds like a solution for my problem- however, the transponder appears to be welded into the key, and i dont want to damage my only working key getting the transponder out......is it normally such a tight fit - anything i should be watching out for?

cheers

It's not welded in, you can get them out without too much grief, just be careful. Then you can get non-transponder key blanks for about £3 each and get them cut at a locksmiths. I used araldite to fix my transponder bit in place.

• 4 years later...

If anyone has the guide they could pm me I'd be grateful. I have a 1995 Favorit with the immobiliser that has the seperate key, and the contacts on the immobiliser key are pretty worn.

Any advice as to how to get rid of it, or how to refresh the contacts on the key would be great.

Thanks!

Isn't the immobilizer mandatory to pass MOT?

Isn't the immobilizer a useful device that adds to owner's peace of mind?

If yes to both, why would a legit owner of a car bypass it?

I'm looking to bypass or remove it as my immobiliser keys are worn and replacements are unavailable and reprogramming them is not possible due to their age.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Is there anyone who knows the answer to disconnecting the immobilser still on this forum? Would you let me know so that I can send you a PM please?

I have a Felicia Pick-up 1.9D. Great little truck that I use all the time. Completely rust free and runs sweet!

I have treated it to various goodies and noticed the other day an aftermarket remote locking kit on ebay. I'd considered these in the past, but did not want to carry around a bulky fob just to open and close the dorrs of a car that no one is really going to steal anyway. But this kit on ebay advertised that it had Audi flip keys! So I bought it and sure enough, Audi flip keys! Having them cut to match the Felicia was more than the cost of the kit!

Problem now, is that the keys will not start the car!  I have placed the old key beside the ignition barrel, even taped it to the Audi key, but it still will not start! Much easier I think to just disable the feature!

If you don't care about your car being stolen, you can remove the transponder chip from the original keys and put it somewhere near ignition switch. Or insert it in the fancy key you have.

Thanks for replying!

I have tried already with the old key near the ignition barrel, but it did not work! I will try again this afternoon though.

Where is the immobiliser transponder exactly and what does it look like? I guess it must be close to the ignition switch. If I can locate it and strap the old key to it, it should do the trick.

OK, problem solved!

Good idea what you said about putting the chip into the Audi key. As it happens, there is a space in the front of they key, under the small pcb,  that just accomodates the chip - almost as if it is made for the job. Works a treat, so thanks again!

I think the issue before was that the old key was not close enough to the switch. Playing around with it, it seems that the chip must be no more than a few mm away from the switch for it to work.

There is a coil around the ignition key that sends/receives data from the transponder chip in the key. The distance between them is critical indeed.

Decided now that the Audi flip key is too cumbersome in the ignition switch☹️

So have ditched the remote unlock facility but it is every bit as good as the kit allows for the passenger door to electronically unlock along with the driver door, so I can keep the original smaller key now, and still control the locking/unlocking of the passenger door😉

• 1 month later...

Dear All, Dear mannyo,

There was a message:

"You can bypass the immobiliser on the Felicia (...) If anyone would like to help here, then please PM the guide to the members in this thread"

- and so, please, help!

I have three Skoda Felicias, they are my spare-time time-eaters :) I love them.  Would like to restore them to the prime technical condition.  One of them has an engine bought from car-scrap-yard, and the ECU cuts off a second after it starts.  This is immo-related, because if I swap ECU and the key, it starts fine.  How to disable immo in this ECU that won't start?

mannyo gave a generic answer about the possibility of bypassing the immo. Sure, anything is possible, but if that means altering the firmware of a microcontroller in immo or ECU then that is a job too hard for amateurs.

please, refrain from prejudging your fellows at the forum - you really don't know people's background.  please throw anything you got at me regarding the subject - we want a meaningful discussion.

in the worst case, the changes are required on ECU end, not the immo box.  the black immo box handles the physical layer of the communication with the RFID tag and exposes the immo-PIN to the ECU.  but there may be a simplier way too:  so in fact, there are two approaches:

1) simplier may be obtaining the PIN number via the OBD interface, and since AEE engine is made by VW, the VAG-COM software may (or may not 😉) be appropriate;  example: 

2) more complicated, but yielding a cleaner result would be to bypass the check in the ECU.

I'm looking forward to some public or private communication, if you have anything to add to the subject.   I have got 1998-April ECU box for MPI petrol engine AEE.  I am looking forward to your message, wise men!  I promise to announce the success once it arrives.

SAFETY / SECURITY: these technologies are almost 2 decades old and are nearly disused nowadays;  there seems little chance anyone could use them to do harm - right?

You didn't say anything about your proficiency. Don't expect people guess your knowledge. Nothing mentioned means amateur. Was it so hard to tell about you since you are new?

• 5 months later...

Hi Folks!  An update on my solution of how to boot-up the ECU for AEE engine.  I might have been wrong regarding the black immo box, so please read on about how to set it up:

The operational setup of immo set contains:

- the key chip [1],

- the immo box [2],

- the Engine Control Unit (ECU) [3], and all three of them could not be swapped for a replacement from a different car.

I have four of such kits and no interchangibility has worked.  It has turned out that the immo black-box is also closely related to the other two devices.  The black-box is not just "a physical layer of communication" thing as I had thought.  I have needed all three devices paired together with each other in order for this to work (run the engine).

SUMMARY.  In all four sets that I have tested, all three devices need to match each other.  Unless some hacking-magic is done, no piece of the three can be replaced from a different car.

References:

[1] key chip: PCF7931, looks like: https://www.google.com/search?&q=pcf7931

[2] immo black box by siemens, code: 5wk4678, looks like: https://www.google.com/search?&q=5wk4+678

[3] ECU, looks like: https://www.google.com/search?&q=skoda+felicia+aee+ecu