Missing Heated Seats with Alcantara Leather?

Hello all,

Happily collected my Scout yesterday. First ever new car for my wife and I so we were very excited. However, all was not rosy...

Whilst the rest of the car was perfect, we were extremely disappointed to find out that the heated seats, which we had read in the brochure was included in the Alcantara leather interior option, were missing.

Has anyone else had this problem and what was done to rectify it?

Does anyone know if heated seats can be retrofitted? Alternatively, what recompense have you been offered?

Thanks

In my part of the world at least (and probably everywhere), these are two separately purchasable options on the Scout. You can order Alcantara on its own, heated seats on their own, or (as I did) order both for some extortionate price. Maybe the brochure is different in the UK, but it was quite clear that they were 2 separate options in the brochure I saw and ordered from. I guess if you have a copy of the brochure and it states that if you order Alcantara, this will also include heated seats you should be sitting pretty for some compensation. The heated seats option for me was the equivalent of approx. £200 (Alcantara was an eye-watering £1500).

I'm not sure if you can retrofit heating to Alcantara sorry, but good luck with the compensation.

Available on Octavia Scout

17” ‘Proteus’ polished alloys £68.09 £11.91 £80.00

4 spoke multi-function steering wheel for radio and

Maxi-dot £195.74 £34.26 £230.00

4 spoke multi-function steering wheel for radio and

telephone with Bluetooth® and Maxi-dot ††† £463.83 £81.17 £545.00

Alcantara upholstery (inc. heated front seats) £1,221.28 £213.72 £1,435.00

from the brouchure

Hello all,

Happily collected my Scout yesterday. First ever new car for my wife and I so we were very excited. However, all was not rosy...

Whilst the rest of the car was perfect, we were extremely disappointed to find out that the heated seats, which we had read in the brochure was included in the Alcantara leather interior option, were missing.

Has anyone else had this problem and what was done to rectify it?

Does anyone know if heated seats can be retrofitted? Alternatively, what recompense have you been offered?

Thanks

Hi Tangokilo

if they were on the brochure at the time of purchase, you should fight for your case. Yes spec may change without notice, its like saying you ordered a diesel 1.9 and sorry when delivered only 1.6 was available. FIGHT FOR YOUR CASE. no offense to anyone. good luck

This is a long shot and not sure if you have had an Octy before but the heated seat button has changed location on the FL. It used to be up higher on the dash as a thumbwheel but is now low down on the heating controls. You have looked in the right place? Sorry if it seems simple but sometimes it is the simple things!!!!!

This happened to me and the dealer refunded the price of the heated seat option. In the current configurator the alcantara and heated seats are Independant. I was annoyed at first because I know my wife would have liked them, but on second thoughts burning extra diesel for some heat in the seats which I've managed to survive without in the past I can do without... You can tell I've had a bit of time to come to terms with this! Let us know how you get on.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

CEPI - yes my climate control looks almost identical to the photo you posted. However, it is missing the inner bits to the dials. We did think that maybe they just put on the wrong buttons but we can't tell by looking under the seats.

To everyone else - Yes I had a copy of the brochure in hand when I collected the car. I asked the salesman, "where's the heated seats?'. He replied, 'You don't have heated seats it is not on your order.' Whipping out the catalogue I showed him the following:

He profusely apologised and got on to Skoda Customer Care. However, one day on and i still have not heard from them? Hoping they will get back to me soon but to be honest a refund means we are just left disappointed that one of the many features we were looking forward to will be absent!

However.....the rest of the car is brilliant and awesome drive! It is hard to be too unhappy because the Scout is so good.

Will keep this post updated once I have a resolution from Skoda. My top tip is to watch out for this if you are thinking of ordering leather seats and expecting heated seats included.

Thanks all

To my mind there is a problem here between what is stated in the brochure and the required option codes. It's clear from the configurator that the options codes for the seats and heating are separate. Come on Skoda sort it out - its not as though the option list is massive compared with many other cars...

Check this pic: http://www.skoda.at/.../1507506417.jpg

Do you have the 2 seats on rotary knobs on climate control?

Looking at the pic of the jpg file referred to, can anyone tell me what the small item is that

is central just above the fan speed rocker switch. I think it may be an indicator lamp of sorts.

This is not labelled and I can't find reference to it in the handbook.

Looking at the pic of the jpg file referred to, can anyone tell me what the small item is that

is central just above the fan speed rocker switch. I think it may be an indicator lamp of sorts.

This is not labelled and I can't find reference to it in the handbook.

PSM is right.

Handbook page 118:

NOTE:

Below the top row of buttons is located the interior temperature sensor. Do not

glue or cover over the sensor, otherwise it could have an unfavourable effect on the

Climatronic.

Edited by CEPi

PSM is right.

Handbook page 118:

NOTE:

Below the top row of buttons is located the interior temperature sensor. Do not

glue or cover over the sensor, otherwise it could have an unfavourable effect on the

Climatronic.

Thanks for the replies. Never know till you ask.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

CEPI - yes my climate control looks almost identical to the photo you posted. However, it is missing the inner bits to the dials. We did think that maybe they just put on the wrong buttons but we can't tell by looking under the seats.

To everyone else - Yes I had a copy of the brochure in hand when I collected the car. I asked the salesman, "where's the heated seats?'. He replied, 'You don't have heated seats it is not on your order.' Whipping out the catalogue I showed him the following:

He profusely apologised and got on to Skoda Customer Care. However, one day on and i still have not heard from them? Hoping they will get back to me soon but to be honest a refund means we are just left disappointed that one of the many features we were looking forward to will be absent!

However.....the rest of the car is brilliant and awesome drive! It is hard to be too unhappy because the Scout is so good.

Will keep this post updated once I have a resolution from Skoda. My top tip is to watch out for this if you are thinking of ordering leather seats and expecting heated seats included.

Thanks all

Due to collect same car in a couple of weeks and I have it clearly marked on my order form heated seats included. I will be very disappointed if its not there but on the fact our cars would have been built at same time I assume Im going to be done over too!!!

Can any one tell me if I reject the car do I get my £1000 deposit back?

Please keep in touch with what happens with your case

Due to collect same car in a couple of weeks and I have it clearly marked on my order form heated seats included. I will be very disappointed if its not there but on the fact our cars would have been built at same time I assume Im going to be done over too!!!

Can any one tell me if I reject the car do I get my £1000 deposit back?

Please keep in touch with what happens with your case

If you reject the car because it is not as ordered, and the part missing is specifically on your contract, then you should get your money back.

Been on the phone to Skoda. Expecting a call back with a reply on 04 Oct. Will post the response here. Not feeling positive about getting it retrofitted as I have yet to read anywhere this is able to be done. Might just settle for a refund.

Been on the phone to Skoda. Expecting a call back with a reply on 04 Oct. Will post the response here. Not feeling positive about getting it retrofitted as I have yet to read anywhere this is able to be done. Might just settle for a refund.

I will wait until I hear how you get on before raising hell re same, I know one member got £260 refunded, I think it was member London Les at Allums Skoda, mine is comming via Malbourgh Skoda London (Drive the Deal) wished I had paid little bit extra now and gone local living in Edinburgh:(

Your aren't missing much to be honest - the heated seats on mine are rubbish. Need to phone up to see if there is anything they can do to turn the heat up or something.....otherwise i'll be wanting a refund lol!

I have an unheated Alcantara seat in my Superb and TBH even if it was heated IMO it's not necessary*, with leather? possibly but Alcantara is a lot warmer on your bum anyway.

* personally I can't stand heated seats being on whilst driving - the seat gets far too warm for my liking, if i use it then it's purely for taking the chill off the seat, then it gets turned back off again.