Fabia vRS 2006

Hi Guys,

I am trying to buy a Fabia 1.9 vRS 2006/06 model with 47,000 on the clock from a skoda dealership and have reached a deal on £6700 including a years warranty, breakdown cover and a years road tax. Also they would be throwing in some floormats and a tank of diesel. The model also has CruiseControl & a 6 CD changer fitted and has full skoda service history. It was a demo model but had one owner afterwards. It also had a cambelt change. Is this a good price or am I overpaying

Thanks

Edited by tribalboy

Through a dealer.. with what will surely be a 3rd party warranty? I'd say that's not to bad.. but maybe not the best.

If you really like the car and it seems like a gooden then a couple hundred is worth it I reckon..

Might be worth getting it AA or RAC checked over though? So any issues can be delt with before a final deal is struck?

Thanks a lot guys, these do seem to hold their values really well. cd2010 how many previous owners did yours have. Does the fact that it was a demo car have anything bad against it. They told me that they had it for 6 months during which it did 6000 miles. The owner wanted a bigger model (octavia) so he was selling it back to the dealership

Its got a Skoda approved used warranty for 1 year. And no Rob, I havent seen the car yet and have only given a holding deposit

I have also done a glass.co.uk valuation on it and it came out to £6070 for a dealer and £5170 for a private buy.

Edited by tribalboy

Thanks a lot guys, these do seem to hold their values really well. cd2010 how many previous owners did yours have. Does the fact that it was a demo car have anything bad against it. They told me that they had it for 6 months during which it did 6000 miles. The owner wanted a bigger model (octavia) so he was selling it back to the dealership

Its got a Skoda approved used warranty for 1 year. And no Rob, I havent seen the car yet and have only given a holding deposit

I have also done a glass.co.uk valuation on it and it came out to £6070 for a dealer and £5170 for a private buy.

well worth the extra for the warranty,

mine was over priced by about £1200 but i got the skoda approved used car warranty,

it has had a new turbo,pipes,intercooler and a rad with a bill well over £2k all done under warranty ! :rofl:

its also going back in for some other little problems, :smirk: nice to know its from a dealer

Thanks scott, isnt that a bit low for the fuel economy on the vRS, I was expecting somewhere around the 48 mark. The dealership it seems are going to change the front tyres on it. Is it worth going for an AA or RAC check on this car, how much would I have to fork out

If the OP is considering mapping it I'd wait until the warranty has expired

just to be safe. If something goes wrong post remap during the first year

they may well try to wriggle out of footing the bill especially if its a turbo or

flywheel fault. Just my tuppence worth :)

EDIT Welcome to Briskoda by the way :thumbup:

Edited by grr666

2 previous owners IIRC.

Thanks scott, isnt that a bit low for the fuel economy on the vRS, I was expecting somewhere around the 48 mark. The dealership it seems are going to change the front tyres on it. Is it worth going for an AA or RAC check on this car, how much would I have to fork out

my current mpg is at 39.0 mpg :giggle: i have a right foot like a lead brick ! :wonder:

driven what i call normally easy get 45-50mpg,

driven like a daisy mine does 55+ :thumbup:

Well, if it;s a Skoda warranty and an approved used dealer car than maybe you can forgo the AA/RAC check?

I've bought my lemons and so has my Dad and when I bought the vRS I took my mechanic to check it over.. Rejected the 1st one (private) as had received some serious body work that I'd have never picked up on (he was pointing out things like the body work glue being un-painted..bits of plastic here and there that had snapped of now replaced components.. it was a very well polished turd that motor).

The we viewed the one I bought.. he said it was completely spotless.. and everything did what it should how it should.. 2 years on and only the normal Fabia issues to deal with.. nothing out of the ordinary anyways.

If the one your looking at was too bad I'd like to think Skoda would have passed it on through the auctions and not approved it? But then they do sell very well these little vRS's.

thanks grr666, seems like a great place. You guys have been really informative and a lot helpful. This is much appreciated.

My first time hearing about a remap though (pardon me I am just getting into my car jargon), is this something the skoda dealership would do or do you have to go to a skoda expert. Can it go wrong what is the impact on the fuel economy

Hi,

Last week I bought a 2006 06 Black Fabia VRS with just under 22K on the clock From Simpson's Skoda in Yarmouth.

Doesn't have cruise or CD Changer but Full Skoda History and a years Skoda warranty.

I paid £6600, but got them to do the Cambelt, Waterpump and Tensioners done, Years MOT even though it had loads left, Also apparenlty Rear disks were corroded So also had Rear Disks and Pads.

Hewey

Thanks for the input Hewey. I have read elsewhere that lower mileage on an 06 model would mostly mean city driving with lots of start/stop journeys.Lots of people would want the mileage to tally with the age but I personally think yours is a good deal with the mileage and the work done (love the colour, I am looking at a silver metallic). What is your opinion about mine, especially the mileage.

There's a red 55 plate for sale at Rix Motors in Warrington near me for £7500! It's in good condition and v low mileage (less than 30k) but I couldn't believe it when I saw it... seems very expensive.

Marc

I bought mine two months ago from a dealer - £5995, on a 56 plate with 61k on the clock. FSH, but not at Skoda - all parts were genuine as I have all receipts, but the previous owner had all work done at a local indy instead. Cambelt had been done 500 miles before she traded it in for a new Octy vRS.

Again, no cruise or changer, but it did come with the optional cupholder....

As part of the deal I got a 12 month Skoda warranty, 12 month Skoda assist, brake fluid change, full tank of diesel and a 12 month MOT, which also meant it got new rear discs and pads and a rear shock (which were all advisories), as well as a new headlight as the adjuster mechanism had broken.

Got a bit of knocking from the front end now, so need to investigate that, then give them a ring - current possiblities include console bushes, ARB or ARB bushes, or droplinks.

I'm also planning to remap mine, but I'll be waiting for the warranty to be up before I do so.

Thanks for the input Hewey. I have read elsewhere that lower mileage on an 06 model would mostly mean city driving with lots of start/stop journeys.Lots of people would want the mileage to tally with the age but I personally think yours is a good deal with the mileage and the work done (love the colour, I am looking at a silver metallic). What is your opinion about mine, especially the mileage.

I do like the Silver ones, just sold a 54 Plate Silver one earlier this week.

Doen't seem a bad price, I preferred a lower mileage one as going to be doing a fair amount of mileage myself, though my 54 plate had 60K on it an I didn't have a problem at all with it in the 6 months and 11K miles I had it.

Really depends on condition, I also like to speak with previous owners about the cars, if your pleasant with them they are usually more than happy to talk about the cars. Ask your dealer for the previous owners details, they shouldn't mind giving you then, Simpsons photocopied the log book for me and the previous owner was very helpful and confirmed the car was a good one.

There aren't that many at Skoda Dealers but to be honest I would be fine buying one private or at an independant as I've found them very reliable.

Just check it over thoughly, just because it's in a dealership doesn't mean it hasn't had problems or paintwork, if it has and there's no receipt to say what was done then I'd walk away. I had to travel about 90 miles to get mine and luckily the dealer was great at describing the car and got his paint guy to go over it to check it hadn't had any paintwork before i went up there.

If it's good then go for it, you won't be dissapointed. :thumbup:

Interesting - I wasn't offered a Skoda warranty - or in fact any kind of warranty - when I bought my 2007 vRS SE this August. Having not been able to extend the warranty on my 2004 car when it ran out in 2007 I didn't know Skoda did such warranties...

DRJ,

You may find you have the warranty without knowing if bought from a Skoda Main Dealer.

Both my 05 Plate Octavia I had last year and my Fabia 06 plate I've just bought both had a Skoda used Warranty on them.

Ive just bought an 06 plate VRS and paid £7000. It has 38500miles, 6 disc changer and Xenons B)

I did get a years Skoda Warranty with recovery too.

7k, you could have had my wifes 06 vrs for a lot less than that its only done 35k and got 6 cd changer, cruse and full leather.

You may find you have the warranty without knowing if bought from a Skoda Main Dealer.

Both my 05 Plate Octavia I had last year and my Fabia 06 plate I've just bought both had a Skoda used Warranty on them.

But I've got no paperwork whatever to say what it covers - or the RAC Assistance etc etc - I've now sent them a letter...

Edited by DRJ

But I've got no paperwork whatever to say what it covers - or the RAC Assistance etc etc - I've now sent them a letter...

DRJ,

Going off topic here so mayve use another thread, but if you bought it from a Skoda dealer I'm sure you will have a years warranty with it.

Give the garage you bou8ght it from a ring and just say "I never received the paperwork concerning my years Skoda Warranty" see what they say... You don't actually usually get any paperwork as it's all on Skoda's computer system but at least it's a good way to test them!!!