Telephone pre-installation

davehutch

I agree you don't have to do anything once you've made the bluetooth connection the first time (and I'm grateful to somebody on here who told me how to do that ... sorry I've forgotten who it was). Just climb in the car with 'phone switched on and the car does the rest. I just feel more comfortable with empty pockets while I'm driving, otherwise Id do the same as you. I tend to take my wallet and put it in the glove box or central box too.

• 2 months later...

Just had my first Skoda delivered about 14 hours ago (a Yeti 4x4 Elegance 170). I'm not sure if part of the aerial is missing (see picture). I get very good reception on the radio, better than my last car, a Honda CRV.

Is the aerial also used by a mobile phone? I've paired my phone (HTC HD2) with the Columbus, and all seems to work well, though I guess the phone is using it's own aerial?

Is there a Skoda mount available to charge the phone/connect to the aerial? On the Honda I used a Brodit holder with a plug into the cigar socket.

post-87682-0-08500500-1332804127_thumb.jpg

There is no phone aerial in the car.

There is one for the radio and the shark fin for GPS if you have that installed.

You just rely on the phone's built in antenna. Many phones these days don't have an external aerial facility.

Use a Brodit holder to hold your phone as before.

In the Technical Guides section there is a document that shows you how to make a switchable live feed, or permanent if you use a different fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a 'Dashmount' bracket with a 'FIX2CAR' holder for my (copmpany) iPhone 4S and a windscreen suction mount for my (own) HTC. Both are wired into the power socket between the seats via a double conector and all hidden under the centre console so it leaves the socket free for occasional use. I have the Iphone connected to the bluetooth for phone calls, and the HTC mainly for satnav (co-pilot) and a couple of other apps that don't require the bluetooth connection, though it's very easy to swap the connection over via the maxi-dot and steering wheel controls if I need to use my own phone.

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

Edited by Millstone

I use a 'Dashmount' bracket with a 'FIX2CAR' holder for my (copmpany) iPhone 4S and a windscreen suction mount for my (own) HTC. Both are wired into the power socket between the seats via a double conector and all hidden under the centre console so it leaves the socket free for occasional use. I have the Iphone connected to the bluetooth for phone calls, and the HTC mainly for satnav (co-pilot) and a couple of other apps that don't require the bluetooth connection, though it's very easy to swap the connection over via the maxi-dot and steering wheel controls if I need to use my own phone.

I struggle to read iPhone/smartphone sat. Nav's any more, another reason why I use the Columbus.

My phone just sits in the pocket of my jacket on the back seat - no problems connecting so far!

My phone sits in my office until I drive off and it disconnects.......... :rofl:

Only done that once in 16 months of Yetiship.

Normally in a pocket somewhere.

I struggle to read iPhone/smartphone sat. Nav's any more, another reason why I use the Columbus..

Why do you think I've got the biggest screen that HTC make ??

Why do you think I've got the biggest screen that HTC make ??

6.5"? That's the Columbus size I think.

I'd use an iPad (9.7") with TomTom, but not worked out where to fit it or which bank to rob to pay for it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your aerial mast is definitely missing, go back to the dealer who supplied the car..........

And don't let it get wet until you have the aerial fitted. Apparently, if water gets into the housing, it can kill the electronics in the GPS "shark-fin" aerial next to it - apparently!!

And don't let it get wet until you have the aerial fitted. Apparently, if water gets into the housing, it can kill the electronics in the GPS "shark-fin" aerial next to it - apparently!!

So what about putting the car through a car wash!!!

I'd use an iPad (9.7") with TomTom, but not worked out where to fit it or which bank to rob to pay for it.....

There you go http://www.ram-mount...mb166ap8iu1.jpg and the ipad 2 has justb reduced in price by £50 !!!

Edited by Millstone

There you go http://www.ram-mount...mb166ap8iu1.jpg and the ipad 2 has justb reduced in price by £50 !!!

Thanks for that.

I personally don't want anything stuck to a windscreen that I would have to take off 4-8 times a day.....

I would be looking for a more 'permanent fit' as per Brodit etc iPad 3

And the Proclip mount

Just had my first Skoda delivered about 14 hours

which was scarily almost to the exact time I hit the order button for mine....honest. I will let you do the research re tow bars!

Thinking about changing my Roomster later in the year, either for another Roomster or a Yeti (quite like the look/spec of the Urban). But one thing that annoys me about the Yeti is the lack of a factory fit MDI option. How good is the bluetooth audio streaming from an IPhone or bluetooth enabled MP3 player? Can you select different tracks, navigate menus e.t.c. using the steering wheel controls or do you have to do it from the device like if you were just using an aux-in socket?

• 7 years later...