What bulbs is it?

Hi as winter approaches as i do a fair bit of driving across country roads i want to upgrade the bulbs in the tsi to give me more light. I'm sure there are hundreds of threads about this but as the technology of bulbs moves on i wondered what bulbs are you guys using/planning to use?

What size/type of bulb is it in the elegance tsi? The manual is about as clear as mud.

Hi as winter approaches as i do a fair bit of driving across country roads i want to upgrade the bulbs in the tsi to give me more light. I'm sure there are hundreds of threads about this but as the technology of bulbs moves on i wondered what bulbs are you guys using/planning to use?

What size/type of bulb is it in the elegance tsi? The manual is about as clear as mud.

I upgraded my high beam H7s to Philips x-treme and my dipped beam H7s to Osram nightbreakers, they were just how it worked out when I was looking for the best deal. They are both excellent and do give an obvious improvement in the amount of light on the road. The auto express review put the philips in front but to be honest there's nothing between them from the driving seat. The osrams can be had cheaper.

On the subject of bulb upgrades has anyone upgraded their DRL bulbs to LEDs and would the potential lower running cost justify the cost of upgrading?

I have seen some advertised but they are for styling purposes and not road legal. I would hate to buy and find that they dazzle other drivers.

I believe Fatbloke (please correct me if im wrong) started a thread a while back about DRLS and LED's. We changed ours (i followed his advice) to a whiter bulb (ive since changed back). LED's apparently dont work in the drls on the fabia.

MTEC H7's for me!!

I do keep toying with some xenons, need to decide soon which bulbs and get them ordered. I have played with Power2Nights and BlueVisions before on my twingo and they did show some improvment

I just got my new H7 night breaker plus.

I have halogen projector. ( Fabia 1.2tsi 105bhp 2010)

After I release the connector with the bulb from the headlight how I change the bulb ?

the bulb and the connector are connected.

These bulbs are seriously good and NEVER get tested with the mainstream ones

Their output is brighter and has a white light akin to HID bulbs...ie no yellowish tinge!!

Here: http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item56393a1f6a

and here: http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item33512bffd6

Hi Chris,

Is this right - these bulbs give the appearance of HID ones but they just replace the standard H7's ?

Also they do not give any dashboard error lights?

I am looking to replace the headlight bulbs in my new vRS ( when it arrives ). I was going to use

Osram Night Breaker Plus but the one you mentioned look like a better , cheaper alternative.

John

Edited by jcm

Hi Chris,

Is this right - these bulbs give the appearance of HID ones but they just replace the standard H7's ?

Also they do not give any dashboard error lights?

I am looking to replace the headlight bulbs in my new vRS ( when it arrives ). I was going to use

Osram Night Breaker Plus but the one you mentioned look like a better , cheaper alternative.

John

They are as good, light wise, and look like HID's

No error displays because they are normal H7 bulbs..not LED's

You wont be disappointed John

They are as good, light wise, and look like HID's

No error displays because they are normal H7 bulbs..not LED's

You wont be disappointed John

Thanks for the extra info.

John

These: But H7 version of course :thumbup:

Cosmos_Blue_HID_Class_Halogen_Bulb.jpg

This is the same, but it says its for H7? Guess the new fabia combi have H7..

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTEC-H7-12v-55w-Cosmos-Blue-HID-class-xenon-gas-bulbs-/370327297898?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item56393a1f6a

The car dosnt damage becouse of this bulbs? heatproblem? 100 watts?

...The car doesn't damage because of this bulbs? heat problem? 100 watts?

They draw 55W of power, but supposedly give out the equivalent of a 100W bulb. PIAA bulbs do the same and use it as their selling point as well. They will be as white as a 100W bulb, but not as far as intense.

Philips X-Tremes and Osram Nightbreakers are far better.

Edited by Jim H

Philips X-Tremes and Osram Nightbreakers are far better.

Better?

In terms of what?

Their light pattern is slightly better

...BUT...

They cost more and give out a yellow light...

MTEC are as good IMO and give out a pure white light

So in terms of looks/HID appearance they out perform the X-Tremes and Nightbreakers

ive found hids-direct good in the past so hopefully they will be with me early next week and i can pop them in. I may still go down the hids route in the end as it was annoying they weren't an option on the fabia this time round. Hopefully those these mtechs will be good enough as there obviously far cheaper than a conversion.

well fitted them, there bloody hard to attach back to the car. So far the lights seem quite good. There crisp white with no yellow at all. The only negative so far is they dont seem to reach as far as the original bulbs.

I can really recommend HID kits. I had a set in the dipped beam of my Passat and they were brilliant (excuse the pun)

As the new Fabia FL has projector headlights they will be excellent and without glare. The can be got off ebay (via China) for around £40.

Officially they are illegal as a proper HID system must have automatic headlight aiming and headlight washers. I had my Passat go through 2 MOTs with them in, similalry my sons BMW has has done the same with no mention from the tester.

Go for them, you'll be amazed at the difference.

I should also state, the kit that was in the Passat is now in the main beam of my Ibiza with a new H7R kit in the dipped beam. on unlit roads at night it really is daylight :)